Author Topic: The Old German Problem  (Read 688 times)

Offline endicom

The Old German Problem
« on: June 01, 2017, 02:26:25 pm »
National Review
Victor Davis Hanson
June 1, 2017

Germany’s negative attitude toward the U.S. long predates the rise of Trump.

Berlin — Germans do not seem too friendly to Americans these days.

According to a recent Harvard Kennedy School study of global media, 98 percent of German public television news portrays President Donald Trump negatively, making it by far the most anti-Trump media in the world.

Yet the disdain predates the election of Trump, who is roundly despised here for his unapologetic anti–European Union views.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448150/germany-negative-attitude-toward-united-states-not-new

Offline goatprairie

Re: The Old German Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 04:01:40 pm »
Apparently Germans are living up to the stereotype of the Germans.  In my part of the country, the upper Midwest (where there are many people of German descent), Germans have a reputation  for industriousness, success, and having strong opinions.  Admittedly,  there are two types of German personalities....the ultra-strict northern German who demands that everything run on time and perfect obedience and the southern German who is more interested in drinking beer, eating bratwurst, and having a good time with the occasional brawl.
But the stereotype of Germans liking to be in charge and telling  everybody else what to do has a certain truth to it in my opinion. "My way is the best way...you will do as you're told!!!"  Jawohl mein fuhrer...er.... I mean mein Angela.