Author Topic: Why Conservatives Still Attack Trump  (Read 20548 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Why Conservatives Still Attack Trump
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2017, 07:59:42 pm »
Whatever you say!  Revising history seems to be a very IN thing these days!

So I'm learning!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2017, 08:00:28 pm »
As opposed to yours?

Playing the magnanimous poster does not belay your actual posting history since last year.

:nometalk:

how am I doing, @Lando Lincoln ??      *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 08:00:57 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2017, 08:04:46 pm »
And truth be known, because not a GD single moderator is an avid Trump supporter, there will NEVER be a bias-free decision.

LOL...you are so wrong.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2017, 08:05:19 pm »
:nometalk:

how am I doing, @Lando Lincoln ??      *****rollingeyes*****

What did I do?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2017, 08:05:54 pm »
I am interested in winning elections.

You are not 'winning' anything voting for liberals.

Offline beandog

« Reply #205 on: May 30, 2017, 08:06:45 pm »
@Applewood
Really?  Is that truly whats going on?   The Trump worship is mostly gone and only a few people are willing to overlook all the boneheaded stuff Trump does.   What many of us are tired of is the non-stop harping on every single little thing; much of it meaningless minutia.   Trump nominates a fine Judge to the Supreme Court and they still complain.    Then there's the thread on the hand slap his wife gave him during their recent trip.   

There are folks on both sides; Trump can do no right, and Trump can do no wrong.    Both are making this place a lot less fun.
:amen: I was not a Trump supporter and still don't like him personally but this constant Trump is bad is nothing but childish.  I just pass over certain posters comments because I knoww it's going to be the same song.  Not thoughful at all and very boring.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #206 on: May 30, 2017, 08:10:34 pm »
What did I do?

Suggesting we try to hold fire and not escalate?

Nobody can communicate with @INVAR when it's about Donald Trump, or his wife....or even his children.      *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #207 on: May 30, 2017, 08:10:46 pm »
:amen: I was not a Trump supporter and still don't like him personally but this constant Trump is bad is nothing but childish.  I just pass over certain posters comments because I knoww it's going to be the same song.  Not thoughful at all and very boring.

@beandog
The ignore feature makes it easier. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #208 on: May 30, 2017, 08:11:31 pm »
LOL...you are so wrong.

Why the big secret?

Who?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #209 on: May 30, 2017, 08:15:30 pm »
First of all, I'm not playing a victim.   I'm too old to give any sh*ts.

And I've responded on the level to which I'm addressed for going on 20 years.

And if you'd be honest, you'd see that the entire point is that when the dog-packs go after a Trump supporter and things escalate, it's only THEN...that the MODS come in.

And truth be known, because not a GD single moderator is an avid Trump supporter, there will NEVER be a bias-free decision.
If the mods are stepping in on behalf of Trump supporters that must be because they hit the button the most. I have seen a lot of crap go the other way and no mod stepped in.  Now maybe my perspective is a little different, being one of those who will criticize Trump and occasionally call him by one of the many various and sundry nicknames he acquired during the election, but I'd say there is a lot of modding done on behalf of trump supporters, and it appears to be fairly equitable overall. When did the mods ever come down on you that you didn't feel it was deserved? On anyone?
I think Myst does a great job, all in all and tries to be fair to everyone. Political opinion is one thing personal attacks another. The latter are forbidden, the former are free speech.
While "dog packs" are common in response to a particularly erroneous or unsupportable post, I have seen the dog-packs go after people here who don't support Trump,  for that alone. That might badger a few into the corners but most of us aren't going anywhere. So what' the point?

If there is a defense or point to be made by discussion, make it--without the personal attacks. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #210 on: May 30, 2017, 08:19:04 pm »
No they didn't. Conservatives were not behind Romney.

To his credit, at least Romney was for repealing ObamaCare and leaving it up to States.  The same cannot be said of Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #211 on: May 30, 2017, 08:24:25 pm »
Nobody can communicate with @INVAR when it's about Donald Trump, or his wife....or even his children.      *****rollingeyes*****

Care to cite the thread wherein I ever even discussed his wife or children?

But here's an idea - how about NOT mentioning Trump at all and discuss principles of Conservatism and whether or not a policy or position meets the criteria?

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline flowers

« Reply #212 on: May 30, 2017, 08:45:20 pm »
OK! I should have said "Except for all the times you did something similar...  :thud:

And beside that, ALL of this can be traced back to your demanding and being granted a SAFE space here! Simply the truth!
That is not true. She did not demand a SAFE space. That idea came from management.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #213 on: May 30, 2017, 08:46:49 pm »
Let me guess. You weren't a math major.

And, you missed out on charm school?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #214 on: May 30, 2017, 08:47:22 pm »
That is not true. She did not demand a SAFE space. That idea came from management.

OK! I stand corrected and reiterate my complete distain for the idea regardless of where it originated.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #215 on: May 30, 2017, 08:48:18 pm »

@Cyber Liberty runs in to protect/support Invar with a very sarcastic post.

If you are referring to the "log in the eye," I stand by that comment, DC.  I'd say that to anybody I think deserves it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #216 on: May 30, 2017, 08:51:50 pm »
Scale? LOL! You guys BARELY won... You drug his fat @ss JUST across the line.
that isn't scale.

In the mean time, TEA Party has overturned almost every office right down to dog catcher, in almost every state, across multiple elections...
THAT is scale.

No they didn't. Conservatives were not behind Romney.

No, y'all selected the worst possible candidate again.

Horse crap. It has *nothing* to do with hating the man.

More baloney.
Conservatives are the polar opposite of liberalism.
The reason they don't stand with you is because you are standing behind a NYC Liberal, mouthing praise for single payer health, obscenely unbalanced budgets, and crony capitalism.

Y'all say you are our ally, but you DO differently.
SOSDD. No different than ever. The first thing sacrificed once the win, is the promise toward principle.

I guess you thought you responded to my post but you totally misunderstood or mischaracterized everything I said.

Your post made no sense at all and I cannot find anything sensible in it to respond to.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #217 on: May 30, 2017, 08:56:42 pm »

Do you have a list of all the mods?  Are you willing to share?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #218 on: May 30, 2017, 08:58:32 pm »

Partially true...and not this management...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #219 on: May 30, 2017, 09:01:16 pm »

But here's an idea - how about NOT mentioning Trump at all and discuss principles of Conservatism and whether or not a policy or position meets the criteria?

Brilliant idea
Support the USO

« Reply #220 on: May 30, 2017, 09:02:07 pm »
Partially true...and not this management...

Not partially true @mystery-ak .... completely true.   I was assigned the role of moderator.  By you, if my memory serves.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #221 on: May 30, 2017, 09:02:18 pm »
Why the big secret?

Who?

lol nice try....almost all the MODS voted and supported Trump...
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #222 on: May 30, 2017, 09:03:41 pm »
Not partially true @mystery-ak .... completely true.   I was assigned the role of moderator.  By you, if my memory serves.

I was forced to do it by the other owner...unwillingly as you may remember.....and was told to make you moderator again against my wishes.
Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #223 on: May 30, 2017, 09:05:42 pm »
And, you missed out on charm school?

Whatever. Do you stalk anybody else?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #224 on: May 30, 2017, 09:09:23 pm »
I was forced to do it by the other owner...unwillingly as you may remember.....and was told to make you moderator again against my wishes.

Please, let the others know that this "safe place" was not my idea, it was not my doing and I got involved because you needed help with it and assigned the role of moderator.    Had you told me that my being moderator was against your wishes, I assure you, we would not now be having this conversation.  The issue would be moot.

But you said "@alicewonders needs help and you're it".

I would greatly appreciate it @mystery-ak if you'd take this undeserved monkey off my back, for once and for all.

Thanks.