Author Topic: ‘Intense backlash’ proves the truth of Ben Carson: poverty ‘a state of mind’  (Read 552 times)

rangerrebew

May 26, 2017
‘Intense backlash’ proves the truth of Ben Carson: poverty ‘a state of mind’
By Thomas Lifson

A vast poverty industry employs and distributes wealth to a huge political constituency dependent on massive federal appropriations. Any suggestion that money is not the solution to the persistence of poverty is anathema and must be harshly ostracized by them.

They immediately recognized the danger when Housing and Urban Development Secretary Dr. Ben Carson told the truth during a Sirius-XM interview with Armstrong Williams. The New York Times summarizes the remarks that generated what it calls an “intense backlash.”

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/05/intense_backlash_proves_the_truth_of_ben_carson_poverty_a_state_of_mind.html#ixzz4iHDQNu2h
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
“I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind,” he said, according to a transcript of the interview that was released on Wednesday.
Heresy! Everyone knows it's because The Man is holding them down!
He added that helping people may not better their lives.
Years (decades?) ago, then radio host Ken Hamblin offered listeners a"Certificate of Absolution of White Guilt", saying 'the best thing white people could do would be to  stop helping so much.' Give a man a fish, and all that.
“You take somebody with the wrong mind-set, you can give them everything in the world — they’ll work their way right back down to the bottom,” he said.
Yep.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis