Author Topic: Brennan: Russia may have successfully recruited Trump campaign aides  (Read 1203 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Brennan: Russia may have successfully recruited Trump campaign aides

The former CIA director also says the FBI probe into whether Russia meddled in the election is ‘well founded.’

By Austin Wright

05/23/2017 10:49 AM EDT

Updated 05/23/2017 01:09 PM EDT
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

Former CIA Director John Brennan said on Tuesday that he had concerns that Russian officials may have successfully recruited aides from Donald Trump’s campaign to help in the Kremlin’s efforts to influence last year’s presidential election.

"I encountered and am aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals," he told lawmakers. "And it raised questions in my mind again whether or not the Russians were able to gain the cooperation of those individuals."

His remarks, before the House Intelligence Committee, are the most direct acknowledgment yet by a current or former U.S. official that Russia sought to recruit Americans to help in its effort to affect the 2016 contest. The remarks also further complicate matters for President Donald Trump, who has dismissed the investigations into Russia’s election meddling as a “witch hunt.”

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/23/brennan-russia-tried-to-recruit-us-persons-to-influence-presidential-campaign-238719
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I am certain Russia, as well as China and any other major nation, attempted to and probably successfully recruited and influenced all the campaigns. It is what they do and have always done. We are the biggest dog in the pin and everything that happens here effects them.

I would be far, far more suspicious if they didn't try to do this with someone or if someone made overt statements that it 'never happens'. Over denials often sound like hiding something, especially when you are denying something that so obviously happens.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Brennan is up to his eyeballs in this intrigue as he tries to refloat this balloon. His cred is pretty weak.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

The major premises of ending the "Cold War" were ending the nuclear race, establishing trade and resulting peace.

Twenty years ago the news reported stories about a few billionaires in Russia, corruption, etc.

The two Germanies merged, peacefully. The Eastern Satellite nations became independent, free and successful, to varying degrees.

Comes 2001 and the focus becomes world islam, the terrorism, and the fact the West shares terror concerns with Russia.

This idea that suddenly for the 2016 US Presidential election we are now back in a wartime footing with Russia, and it falls solely on Trump is ridiculous.

It was Clinton a few years ago, as Sec. of State, that pushed the "Rest button." To this date, I do not know what that was all about.

I have yet to hear precisely the illegal  deals and arrangements which are purported to have come about from the relation, if any, between Trump and Russia.

--Did Trump's operatives agree to continue peace?

--Did Trump's operatives agree to both try to defeat Islamic terror?

--Let's hear what you have.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
"May" have. Any proof?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Was just thinking that Brennan just admitted to being crap at his job. It was his job to have his people determine yes or no - may is not an option.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"
I encountered and am aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals," he told lawmakers.

"And it raised questions in my mind again whether or not the Russians were able to gain the cooperation of those individuals."

Brennan said that by the time he stepped down as CIA director on Jan. 20, “I had unresolved questions in my mind about whether or not the Russians had been successful in getting U.S. persons, involved in the campaign or not, to work on their behalf, again, either in a witting or unwitting fashion.”

:wtf!:   The Russians may have tried to suborn US persons, maybe involved in the campaign, maybe not, to do something on their behalf... even if those US citizens knew it or not.     

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 09:37:30 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
...Russia sought to recruit Americans to help in its effort to affect the 2016 contest...

As what?  Hackers?  Like Russia needs hackers, or campaign staff would have had hacker skills.

Informants on their own campaign?  How would that have helped?

How would these people affect the contest?  They were already doing their best to affect the contest and trying to get Trump to win - what skills, knowledge or qualities would they have had that would have benefited the Russians? 

Huh?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Brennan is up to his eyeballs in this intrigue as he tries to refloat this balloon. His cred is pretty weak.
I recall reading he'd converted to Islam while stationed in Saudi. He's still an obamite.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I recall reading he'd converted to Islam while stationed in Saudi. He's still an obamite.

I keep hearing that, and that he doesn't deny it.  Neither factoid is proof.  I sure would like to know the truth of the question.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Brennan: Russia may have successfully recruited Trump campaign aides
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 11:54:36 am »
Snopes says unproven, for what that's worth. http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/brennan.asp

Both the timeline and the source of the claim are dodgy, to say the least.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 01:29:13 pm »
I keep hearing that, and that he doesn't deny it.  Neither factoid is proof.  I sure would like to know the truth of the question.
He will neither confirm nor deny....
If not, why not deny it? If so...
Denial would be apostasy, and that is a death sentence in Islam.
Not proof, but one of those things that makes you go "Hmmmm...."
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:30:03 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 01:32:51 pm »
He will neither confirm nor deny....
If not, why not deny it? If so...
Denial would be apostasy, and that is a death sentence in Islam.
Not proof, but one of those things that makes you go "Hmmmm...."

But, taqyyia IS allowed.  Lying to further the cause is acceptable.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 01:42:01 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Yes, he converted to Islam.  When I found that out some time ago when he was the CIA director, I was stunned - our CIA director was an Islamic.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 02:28:21 pm »
But, taqyyia IS allowed.  Lying to further the cause is acceptable.

Brennan practices taqyyia and just plain lying. He and Clapper are very creepy, lying evil men - who would believe anything either of them said?
Principles matter. Words matter.