Author Topic: Trump base shows signs of cracking  (Read 10455 times)

geronl

Re: Trump base shows signs of cracking
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2017, 12:42:08 am »
The 'bought and paid for' remark is particularly nasty in view of the fact that Melania has been above criticism as a first lady.

She keeps her mouth shut and walks behind him, no wonder the Saudi's approved

Offline Mod1

« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2017, 12:52:48 am »
Stop sniping at one another, please.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2017, 01:25:17 am »
Moving to greet someone? I see you didn't watch the video earlier.

She was peeved at him for something, for sure, but you assuage yourself with whatever you want.

Here - maybe this will make you feel better. Just like the one you have on your wall in your living room:

Bolo baby, You have no idea ... what was going on between the First Couple.  If it make YOU feel better to think they are fighting, I don't care.

I do not idolize Trump and I never have.  I'm just slightly fond of fairness and truth.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2017, 11:08:31 pm »
I did. 

Now stop taunting me @AllThatJazzZ .... it's unattractive and annoying.

:seeya:

Translation of RIV's post:

I'm the one qualified to determine if someone is appropriately reflecting their faith.

Now stop exposing my hypocrisy. It makes me look unattractive and that's annoying me.

Now, be gone with ya!

OK, RIV. I'll drop it. I just felt an obligation to expose your hypocrisy.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2017, 11:18:18 pm »
Translation of RIV's post:
No need to be spending time translating my post @AllThatJazzZ ... again:  I consider your taunting to be unattractive and annoying. 

I don't give a flying eff what you do ... just do not involve me.

Clear enough?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:26:52 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2017, 12:09:56 am »
None of it is nearly as bad as the crap that pours from the forum's higher morale and righteous---uniquely Christian wing.
So now we're Christian-bashing. Nice.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline MOD3

« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2017, 12:12:53 am »
I went back and checked and this topic is not a critique of other posters' foibles.  Please stay on topic.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2017, 12:47:04 am »
.... You have no idea ... what was going on between the First Couple. 

If a gesture such as that has deep meaning, or not, I really don't care.

I have only been married for 49 years, and if my wife declined to hold my hand, I wouldn't think anything about it at all.

To me discussing it at all, is merely another chapter in the #nevertrump trivia game.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2017, 01:24:57 am »
So now we're Christian-bashing. Nice.

Of course not @jmyrlefuller ....just sanctimonious, judgmental hypocrites.  I do not discriminate when it comes to this.   :shrug:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2017, 01:29:23 am »
The assumption is that he had a wide base to begin with.  Hillary was actually that bad where he was an acceptable alternative.  Depending on who they run in 2020, he's extremely beatable.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online corbe

« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2017, 01:30:26 am »
Of course not @jmyrlefuller ....just sanctimonious, judgmental hypocrites.  I do not discriminate when it comes to this.   :shrug:

I resemble that comment @Right_in_Virginia and I find it highly offensive :tongue2:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2017, 01:35:06 am »
If a gesture such as that has deep meaning, or not, I really don't care.

I have only been married for 49 years, and if my wife declined to hold my hand, I wouldn't think anything about it at all.

To me discussing it at all, is merely another chapter in the #nevertrump trivia game.

Well, I've been married for 35 years, and if reached over to hold my husband's hand and he pulled away, I would definitely think something was amiss.  In watching the video several times, note that Donald walks several paces ahead of her and then extends his hand to her.  He tends to walk in front of her rather than with her.  Common courtesy, is you wait for your spouse.  She wears extremely high heels and perhaps it is difficult for her to keep the pace; perhaps Trump steps in line with others which leaves her trailing behind.  Him leaving her behind was never more apparent than when he left her behind getting out of the car at his inauguration and walked ahead leaving her behind to meet with the Bammy's.  I felt sorry for her.  The polite and gentlemanly thing for Trump to do would be to walk with her arm in arm at a pace that is suitable for both of them.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online corbe

« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2017, 01:51:46 am »
   I too @LadyLiberty have been married for 35 years (took 3 different women) and I agree with you, GWB knew how to treat First ladies.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2017, 01:55:56 am »
   I too @LadyLiberty have been married for 35 years (took 3 different women) and I agree with you, GWB knew how to treat First ladies.

Apparently.... 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2017, 01:56:33 am »
The polite and gentlemanly thing for Trump to do would be to walk with her arm in arm at a pace that is suitable for both of them.

That's what happens when a man views women as conquests, not partners.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2017, 01:59:45 am »
Apparently.... 

Wow. Seriously? Perhaps you'd like it better if W did like those graduates and walked out?

There is a significant difference between being classy (which W was, no doubt) and aligning yourself with the enemy for decades, like Trump did.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2017, 02:06:15 am »
Well, I've been married for 35 years, and if reached over to hold my husband's hand and he pulled away, I would definitely think something was amiss.  In watching the video several times, note that Donald walks several paces ahead of her and then extends his hand to her.  He tends to walk in front of her rather than with her.  Common courtesy, is you wait for your spouse.  She wears extremely high heels and perhaps it is difficult for her to keep the pace; perhaps Trump steps in line with others which leaves her trailing behind.  Him leaving her behind was never more apparent than when he left her behind getting out of the car at his inauguration and walked ahead leaving her behind to meet with the Bammy's.  I felt sorry for her.  The polite and gentlemanly thing for Trump to do would be to walk with her arm in arm at a pace that is suitable for both of them.

#1- people with narcissistic tendencies are never gentlemen. (Think Barack)

#2- people who are self-absorbed don't have common courtesy

It is highly unlikely that Trump's marriage(s) are anything like yours or mine, where mutual consideration is  how the relationship works.  His wives are trophies.

And before anyone says we can't possibly know what their relationship is like, think about the conclusions we were able to draw about narcissist Barry and his pretend wife...
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2017, 02:09:41 am »
Wow. Seriously? Perhaps you'd like it better if W did like those graduates and walked out?

What the hell does this have to do with the photo I posted?

On second thought .... never mind.   Life's too short.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2017, 02:18:15 am »
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2017, 02:21:10 am »
He tends to walk in front of her rather than with her.  Common courtesy, is you wait for your spouse.  She wears extremely high heels and perhaps it is difficult for her to keep the pace; perhaps Trump steps in line with others which leaves her trailing behind.

The current Trump criticism aside - this much is certainly true... I have been guilty of it myself, unawares.
Never in a dress and heels of course - I've had enough country etiquette thumped into me to treat a lady as a lady, and if she is decked to the 9's, I am almost instinctively, formally so.

It was my third real relationship - That was the particular girlfriend who informed me that it wasn't pleasant for her to be dragged along up a mountain... I thought it was helpful, and it still feels that way to this day... I am still prone to it... But her sitting me down and explaining it to me in simple factual terms, has enabled me to check myself at the first complaint. My stride is likely to be twice hers, and me stepping out for real is something most women will not be able to manage.

Your point toward common courtesy is not to be dismissed. True enough.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2017, 03:54:11 am »
What the hell does this have to do with the photo I posted?

On second thought .... never mind.   Life's too short.

Please. We know where you are coming from with that photo. You're transparent.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2017, 05:49:45 pm »

Whatever. Not very important, in my view. I don't get involved with the daily Melania clothing threads, either.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2017, 05:54:49 pm »
Whatever. Not very important, in my view. I don't get involved with the daily Melania clothing threads, either.

@truth_seeker

Which is why I posted the pictures I did above.  The second picture is Steve Martin from his move the Jerk.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2017, 06:29:58 pm »

« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2017, 06:56:48 pm »

I think this visit to the Vatican was deeply meaningful for the President and especially for Melania.  Here the Pope is blessing a small Crucifix--as she asked.  There's a lot of feeling all around in this photo.

@truth_seeker