Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Some of the Trump Damage Is ‘Self Inflicted’  (Read 9384 times)

Online berdie

Re: Ted Cruz: Some of the Trump Damage Is ‘Self Inflicted’
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2017, 01:53:20 am »
Of course a lot of Trump's problems are self inflicted. This is obvious. He can't break his Twitter addiction, and he speaks in gauche and brutal terms. This is unprofessional and the media jumps on every faux-pas they can find.

Congress and the MSM were just as much against Reagan as they are currently against Trump. The difference is Reagan had the dignity and finesse to deflect it gracefully. Trump, on the other hand, tries to 'fight it' rather than deflect it. And his response only feeds the egos of those taunting him. This just makes every little nothing taunt that much bigger. And his detractors know this full well.

HEY TRUMP! THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO SHOULD BE 'TWEETING' ARE YOUR PR PEOPLE. YOU CAN TELL THEM WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY AND THAT'S FINE. BUT LET THEM WRITE IT. STAY OFF TWITTER! YOU DUMBASS!

Very well said. It totally encompasses my own thoughts.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2017, 02:26:57 am »
@truth_seeker

Nonsense.  Cruz doesn't "need" to follow up justified criticism of Trump with a statement of loyalty.
Whatever.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2017, 02:27:38 am »
@truth_seeker

Puppy on a leash did do those things, read the whole thing.
Whatever.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2017, 12:54:24 pm »
Ted Cruz has his finger in the air again, not at all surprising for our Texas weather vane senator.

No that would be John Cornyn.

Your CDS is acting up again.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2017, 12:55:44 pm »
Now, come on, guys.  You really want to dismiss the full-on press war being waged?

You mean business as usual in DC?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2017, 01:39:26 pm »
You mean business as usual in DC?

No, I don't.  The talking heads love having Trump to report on.   Heck, MSNBC apparently has actual viewers now.  They love this stuff!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2017, 01:44:11 pm »
No, I don't.  The talking heads love having Trump to report on.   Heck, MSNBC apparently has actual viewers now.  They love this stuff!
Sure they do. For the first time in eight years they don't have to worry about getting canned for being 'racis'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2017, 01:57:49 pm »
Sure they do. For the first time in eight years they don't have to worry about getting canned for being 'racis'.

MSNBC is doing so well they're contemplating a separate show for Joy Reid's goiter.  That channel is the home for ugly, obese, nasty, judgmental, liberal women. I suppose all I needed to say is "liberal"...lol.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 01:59:34 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Silver Pines

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2017, 02:03:25 pm »
Whatever.

@truth_seeker

I mean, unless people can't grasp that Cruz has supported most of Trump's agenda since Donald took office.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2017, 06:20:10 pm »

When you look back at how they went after Reagan and both Bushes...they've used kid gloves on Trump so far.

Remember the origins of ""The seriousness of the charge mandates that we investigate this."?

Gary Sick ring a bell?

Donny's woes right now are self inflected twitter wounds from his incessant attacks on the media.

I warned several months ago it wasn't a good idea to treat them this way...that they would push back hard against what Trump was saying...but the torches and pitchfork crowd egged him on.

Now he's paying for it.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2017, 06:56:14 pm »
When you look back at how they went after Reagan and both Bushes...they've used kid gloves on Trump so far.

Remember the origins of ""The seriousness of the charge mandates that we investigate this."?

Gary Sick ring a bell?

Donny's woes right now are self inflected twitter wounds from his incessant attacks on the media.

I warned several months ago it wasn't a good idea to treat them this way...that they would push back hard against what Trump was saying...but the torches and pitchfork crowd egged him on.

Now he's paying for it.

As an old guy who lived through all that...you are misremembering. Sure, they want hard after those presidents, but NOTHING like what they've been doing since Trump stepped into the Oval Office. This is magnitudes worse. Your warning about not alienating the press are ridiculous...here's a little secret...the press IS the liberal party in this country, Left even of the Dem party. This was not the case under Reagan and Bush Sr...the press was liberal, but not radically Left wing as it has become...for god's sakes, they see Hillary Clinton as being too conservative. That's insane.

So Trump choice was to surrender to the Left....aka the Jeb Bush method...or to fight them tooth and nail. A fight that, as you mention comes with a cost as they will certainly "push back". Your critique is akin, intellectually, to blaming him for his incessant attacks on ISIS...as the media is literally in an all out war with all things conservative. He goes after them BECAUSE they want to crush him...and all things Republican/Conservative...failing to fight would certain defeat for his presidency and the country.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 07:00:09 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2017, 08:04:58 pm »
As an old guy who lived through all that...you are misremembering. Sure, they want hard after those presidents, but NOTHING like what they've been doing since Trump stepped into the Oval Office. This is magnitudes worse. Your warning about not alienating the press are ridiculous...here's a little secret...the press IS the liberal party in this country, Left even of the Dem party. This was not the case under Reagan and Bush Sr...the press was liberal, but not radically Left wing as it has become...for god's sakes, they see Hillary Clinton as being too conservative. That's insane.

So Trump choice was to surrender to the Left....aka the Jeb Bush method...or to fight them tooth and nail. A fight that, as you mention comes with a cost as they will certainly "push back". Your critique is akin, intellectually, to blaming him for his incessant attacks on ISIS...as the media is literally in an all out war with all things conservative. He goes after them BECAUSE they want to crush him...and all things Republican/Conservative...failing to fight would certain defeat for his presidency and the country.

Not misremembering anything. 

I too am an old guy who lived through it and remember it quite well.

Admit it....you just detest any negative news about Trump...even when the reporting g is accurate or he does indeed bring it on himself.

You're a GOP version of a snowflake.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2017, 08:23:07 pm »
Not misremembering anything. 

I too am an old guy who lived through it and remember it quite well.

Admit it....you just detest any negative news about Trump...even when the reporting g is accurate or he does indeed bring it on himself.

You're a GOP version of a snowflake.

Why are you such a drama queen? Sheeesh.

I don't detest any news, if its actually news...with named sources and honest background reporting as opened to "anonymous rumor reporting and innuendo". What is this "accurate" reporting you are referring to that I supposedly detest...I await your examples of impartial reporting on the President's actions that I have supposedly detested.

Offline beandog

« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2017, 08:33:07 pm »

888high58888

Offline anubias

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2017, 10:39:02 pm »
Man these Trump fans are just a bunch of whiny little babies. Can't stand even the slightest criticism from Cruz. Even if they know deep down inside it's more than a little true.

What babies!

Being insulting again, I see WTF.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2017, 11:10:00 pm »
Man these Trump fans are just a bunch of whiny little babies. Can't stand even the slightest criticism from Cruz. Even if they know deep down inside it's more than a little true.

What babies!

Why must you exaggerate. I and virtually every other Trump supporter realize that he creates some of his own problems, nor do most have any problem with Cruz stating that reality. I realize you want to paint a picture of mindless dittoheads worshiping the President, but its absurd and exists only in your mind. All politicians have a few nuts in their following who think they are perfect...the Cruz'rs who thought Ted to be the "Chosen one" for example. But rest assured, the vast majority of us see all of his flaws...understand the implications of those flaws...but also see that on balance he is easily the best hope for the GOP specifically and Conservatism generally. We judge him on a balance sheet, not a Holy Writ....just as I would expect others to judge their own favored leaders.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:11:34 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2017, 12:32:24 am »

What babies!

Remember the pre-election safe space the trigglypuffs had here? Maybe they need a post-election safe space as well.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2017, 12:35:25 am »
Trump supporters playing the victim card.  Isn't that what Democrats do?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2017, 12:36:54 am »
Why must you exaggerate. I and virtually every other Trump supporter realize that he creates some of his own problems, nor do most have any problem with Cruz stating that reality. I realize you want to paint a picture of mindless dittoheads worshiping the President, but its absurd and exists only in your mind. All politicians have a few nuts in their following who think they are perfect...the Cruz'rs who thought Ted to be the "Chosen one" for example. But rest assured, the vast majority of us see all of his flaws...understand the implications of those flaws...but also see that on balance he is easily the best hope for the GOP specifically and Conservatism generally. We judge him on a balance sheet, not a Holy Writ....just as I would expect others to judge their own favored leaders.

The best hope for the GOP  ... well, he's the president.  As far as him being for conservatism ... well ....the jury is still out on that one.  He's only a few months into his presidency and way too early to make that judgement call.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2017, 01:17:43 am »
on balance he [Trump] is easily the best hope for the GOP specifically and Conservatism generally.

Anyone who tells you that a lifelong NYC liberal Democrat is the best hope for Conservatism, is a liar peddling the effort to rebrand Liberalism as Conservatism.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2017, 01:19:53 am »
Anyone who tells you that a lifelong California Union-leading Democrat is the best hope for Conservatism, is a liar peddling the effort to rebrand Liberalism as Conservatism.

Fixed it for ya.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2017, 01:52:22 am »
Fixed it for ya.

Lame attempt.  Reagan didn't fund, endorse and campaign for a self-avowed Communist for mayor of NYC less than 3 years before he decided to run for President as a Republican, and California then is not what it is now, and neither was the Democrat party then, what it is now.

So, your continued efforts to peddle a LIFELONG Liberal NYC Democrat as the best hope for Conservatism is boldfaced excrement.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:52:47 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2017, 02:20:32 am »
Lame attempt.  Reagan didn't fund, endorse and campaign for a self-avowed Communist for mayor of NYC less than 3 years before he decided to run for President as a Republican, and California then is not what it is now, and neither was the Democrat party then, what it is now.

So, your continued efforts to peddle a LIFELONG Liberal NYC Democrat as the best hope for Conservatism is boldfaced excrement.

[attachment deleted by admin]
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2017, 03:08:46 am »

Oh this ain't nothing! I ain't no Dubya fan, but Algore, losing in much the same fashion, counting chads, illegitimate presidency... It went on and on and on, to include the dumb as a post (redneck), evil genius shtick.

SOSDD, only this time I don't care a whit. Even less invested, to the point of no investment whatsoever.

Now he's paying for it.

YUP. And pissing off absolutely everyone who might have possibly been talked into coming to his aid didn't help either.

Oceander

« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2017, 03:22:03 am »
"Some"?  Try "most".