Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Some of the Trump Damage Is ‘Self Inflicted’  (Read 9383 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Ted Cruz: Some of the Trump Damage Is ‘Self Inflicted’
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2017, 06:48:05 pm »
While Cruz is correct, he needs to clearly state that he supports the agenda, and he wants Trump to succeed.

His right-minded supporters will understand fully. Cruz' still-bitter supporters will just have to suck it up.

You know what, @truth_seeker, Cruz can say what ever he damn well pleases.  He could play the ultimate politician, as you suggest, but I would rather know that the man says what he thinks.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2017, 06:49:44 pm »
Of course, some of it is self inflicted.  The same can be said about any one who is having some kind of trouble.  If you have a crappy life, things aren't going your way, chances are at least some of it is self inflicted.  Same with your health.  All of us make bad choices, including Sen. Cruz.  Even though I wish he was President, I still know that he too, would have made some decisions that would have incurred self inflicted wounds.  We are all human and make bad decisions. :shrug:

Yes, but you have to try to minimize your bad decisions and not keep repeating them. 

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2017, 06:58:08 pm »

Some???

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

geronl

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2017, 07:07:15 pm »
Some???

Now, come on, guys.  You really want to dismiss the full-on press war being waged? 

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2017, 07:11:23 pm »
Now, come on, guys.  You really want to dismiss the full-on press war being waged?

What the imaginary war invented by Alex Jones???
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2017, 07:12:24 pm »

What the imaginary war invented by Alex Jones???

What?  Alex Jones?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2017, 07:14:14 pm »
   @Emjay Sen. Cruz is right a significant amount of the Damage is self-inflicted, The Comey Firing just proved this. I wanted the man fired months ago but you have to admit all the conflicting statements from his Administration in the pursuing 5 days was problematic, IMHO.

I have to admit.  I admit nothing.  Nothing, I tell you.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2017, 07:16:15 pm »
What?  Alex Jones?

I was making a point that there isn't a war on Trump.. He is the President and the BUCK STOPS AT HIS DESK.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2017, 07:21:22 pm »

I was making a point that there isn't a war on Trump.. He is the President and the BUCK STOPS AT HIS DESK.

Like hell there isn't! And there would have been one on ANY republican elected president this cycle! The left is in desperation mode!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2017, 07:28:14 pm »
Like hell there isn't! And there would have been one on ANY republican elected president this cycle! The left is in desperation mode!

It's so obvious, I wouldn't think it needs repeating, but just to make sure - what Bigun said.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2017, 07:41:10 pm »
The bitching on this forum by some people about those who are not ardently supporting Trump enough to suit them, just pisses us off.

Chill out.

Nobody is expecting you people to support trump ... not even mildly, much less ardently.

It's just that you view everything through a negative prism of Trump hate.  It distorts your view of reality.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2017, 07:49:17 pm »
When you start thinking "you people" - be they anti Trumpers, Trumpers, gypsies, Jews, whatever - it's time to haul out the mirror and take a bloody hard look at the idiot staring back at you.

You (person) is a concrete thing. You people is an excuse.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline corbe

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2017, 07:50:43 pm »
Nobody is expecting you people to support trump ... not even mildly, much less ardently.

It's just that you view everything through a negative prism of Trump hate.  It distorts your view of reality.

@Emjay I would not ever deny there is some Trump hate here, just as there is some Trump love but as always we disagree on it's proportion and significance, especially in the context of intelligent content to the Forum.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2017, 07:51:49 pm »
When you start thinking "you people" - be they anti Trumpers, Trumpers, gypsies, Jews, whatever - it's time to haul out the mirror and take a bloody hard look at the idiot staring back at you.

You (person) is a concrete thing. You people is an excuse.

Thanks.  I thought the definition of the term was clear in view of the post I was responding to but you're probably right.

I should have said 'You People Who Think Trump is Wrong even when he does something right'

geronl

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2017, 07:55:55 pm »

Yes, the press and internet commentary have zero impact on the actual running of the government. Of course when the crybaby in charge is hyper-sensitive to media criticism you get this outcome

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2017, 07:56:54 pm »
   @Emjay I would not ever deny there is some Trump hate here, just as there is some Trump love but as always we disagree on it's proportion and significance, especially in the context of intelligent content to the Forum.

Well, we do disagree.  I find it to be more prevalent than you do and more vicious, although you can stop defending me against WTF (thanx again) because I have him blocked now.

I took off everyone I had on ignore and am being selective in who I put back on.  I want to see what everyone has to say unless they are abusive.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2017, 07:57:58 pm »
Thanks.  I thought the definition of the term was clear in view of the post I was responding to but you're probably right.

I should have said 'You People Who Think Trump is Wrong even when he does something right'

I think it's the first two words of your "improved" sentence that irritates people.  Of course, that may be what your intent is, I don't know.  I always thought you were deeper than that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2017, 08:03:57 pm »
Well, we do disagree.  I find it to be more prevalent than you do and more vicious, although you can stop defending me against WTF (thanx again) because I have him blocked now.

I took off everyone I had on ignore and am being selective in who I put back on.  I want to see what everyone has to say unless they are abusive.

I hope I never have the dubious honour of that distinction by you, my dear.
   The Ignore feature is an excellent feature of this site, that being said, it's use should be limited to only those with untreated hypertension.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2017, 08:05:12 pm »
I won't dismiss it, but it is not new in my lifetime of experience.  Reagan, Bush1, and Dubya all faced it.  It should be easier today with news outlets like Fox, talk radio, and the internet.  When Reagan was President he had almost all the media against him, and they all said the same thing.  Reagan was the most brilliantly diabolical dunce the world has ever seen.

Nobody rational thought running the world would be easy, and now at least one irrational man has figured it out too. 
Time to put on your big boy pants President Trump. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2017, 08:42:27 pm »
I won't dismiss it, but it is not new in my lifetime of experience.  Reagan, Bush1, and Dubya all faced it.  It should be easier today with news outlets like Fox, talk radio, and the internet.  When Reagan was President he had almost all the media against him, and they all said the same thing.  Reagan was the most brilliantly diabolical dunce the world has ever seen.

Nobody rational thought running the world would be easy, and now at least one irrational man has figured it out too. 

True.  And, I've made that point before - he should have known what he was in store for and prepared for it.

Silver Pines

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2017, 09:10:28 pm »
While Cruz is correct, he needs to clearly state that he supports the agenda, and he wants Trump to succeed.

His right-minded supporters will understand fully. Cruz' still-bitter supporters will just have to suck it up.

@truth_seeker

Nonsense.  Cruz doesn't "need" to follow up justified criticism of Trump with a statement of loyalty. 

geronl

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2017, 09:19:52 pm »
@truth_seeker

Puppy on a leash did do those things, read the whole thing.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2017, 09:24:08 pm »

Aside from Spiro Agnew, Ford was the one who really got it. They'd blind him with the lights, trip him with a cable and run that on the news, almost nightly.
Agnew was roundly hated because they had to hit the dictionaries before they could file a story.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2017, 09:26:52 pm »
   Very telling that Cruz waited till the President was out of US airspace before he said this./s

I LOL'd when I read your post. I didn't need "/s" to explain it to me. I only read here occasionally, and I got it. You'd think the regulars would have been able to pick up on it as well. Oh well. Sorry you had to come back and explain your hilariously clever post. 

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.