Author Topic: "No politician in history...has been treated more unfairly," Pres. Trump says at commencement address  (Read 2638 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
His hero Andrew Jackson was accused of bigamy just for starters.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Aaaaaaaaaannnnnd the whining and complaining commences.

THIS is the 'fearless leader' they all rested their hopes of salvation in?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
His hero Andrew Jackson was accused of bigamy just for starters.
Some folks buried their Bibles when Jefferson was elected. Hysteria isn't new. I don't think we've even hit W levels of unfair... yet... We have a long ways to go.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Some folks buried their Bibles when Jefferson was elected.

Really? Interesting.

Offline Cripplecreek

Some folks buried their Bibles when Jefferson was elected. Hysteria isn't new. I don't think we've even hit W levels of unfair... yet... We have a long ways to go.

It would help if Trump hadn't launched all out thermonuclear war on his own feet.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
It would help if Trump hadn't launched all out thermonuclear war on his own feet.
True. I think it would be fair to say no other President has given the press so much ammunition to use against him. But that was true even before he was elected.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher

When Trump was just a businessman and media star, the press loved him. Now they've turn on him like a jackal on a bloody carcass.

Rather than whine, he needs to set up a crisis management war room, and start addressing and managing the hemorrhage.

Otherwise this thing is going to be over pretty quick.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

He's so full of crap it makes him irritable and whiny

Offline goodwithagun

Good God. This sounds like something obama would say.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
If you don't know a lynch mob when you see it - that's a YOU problem.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Good God. This sounds like something obama would say.

Pretty much yep, he said it and our side mocked him for whining.
https://www.the-american-interest.com/2012/08/08/obama-vs-the-press/

Offline RedHead

Offline Right_in_Virginia

How did the crowd respond?   :pondering:

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline Cripplecreek

Did somebody accuse him of being ineligible for the presidency brcause he was born in Canada or something?

Offline libertybele

Difference was that 'W' at least had for the most part, his party behind him.  Trump doesn't even have that.

President Trump is absolutely correct, he has been treated more unfairly that any president in history.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Suppressed

Difference was that 'W' at least had for the most part, his party behind him.  Trump doesn't even have that.

His own fault. Doesn't change the fact that the press was after W.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline NavyCanDo

President Trump is absolutely correct, he has been treated more unfairly that any president in history.

Maybe and maybe not, but no president ever has invited the media to turn on him more than Trump. And that goes back to when he was still a candidate when he would call media present at his events disgustng people, and even now when he singals out and insults news networks.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline RedHead

How did the crowd respond?   :pondering:

Respectfully.  They were Coast Guard graduating seniors and he's the Commander-in-Chief.

Offline RedHead

Absolute nonsense.

Offline Cripplecreek

Maybe and maybe not, but no president ever has invited the media to turn on him more than Trump. And that goes back to when he was still a candidate when he would call media present at his events disgusting people, and even now when he signals out and insults news networks.

The man spent 18 months attacking anyone who showed even the slightest bit of resistance to him and now wants to whine about being treated unfairly.

He's on his own because that's where he put himself. Screw him.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Maybe he just needs a good three day cleanse.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...