Author Topic: Trump takes on media during Coast Guard commencement speech  (Read 911 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/17/trump-takes-on-media-during-coast-guard-commencement-speech.html

President Trump took on his media critics Wednesday toward the end of a commencement address at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, telling the graduating class not to let the “naysayers get in the way of your dreams.”

Trump’s speech at the USCG Academy in New London, Conn., was his second address of the 2017 graduation season, and the first public appearance since new allegations concerning the Russia probe surfaced.

Trump’s address, thanking the class for their service, also included some “advice,” which echoed the same approach he applied to his campaign and his presidency.

“Over the course of your life, you will find that things are not always fair and that things happen to you that you do not deserve, and that are not always warranted, but you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight,” Trump said, saying that “no politician in history has been treated worse or more unfairly” by the media.

Offline corbe

Re: Trump takes on media during Coast Guard commencement speech
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 06:14:35 pm »
“Over the course of your life, you will find that things are not always fair and that things happen to you that you do not deserve, and that are not always warranted, but you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight,” Trump said, saying that “no politician in history has been treated worse or more unfairly” by the media.

I disagree Mr. President, all of your Republican predecessors since at least Nixon have been eviscerated by the press and I may be wrong, but I don't recall any of them 'whining' about it to USCG Grads.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 06:44:38 pm »
   I disagree Mr. President, all of your Republican predecessors since at least Nixon have been eviscerated by the press and I may be wrong, but I don't recall any of them 'whining' about it to USCG Grads.

"Watergate"  was a made up phoney baloney artificial crises created by the media which succeeded in taking down a President.   

The media deliberately screwed George HW Bush out of a second term. 

The media has been more effective against other Presidents,   but I think it's a fair statement to say they have never been more unfair to a President.   

They are doing things to Trump they have never done to anyone else in terms of range and scale.   It's just having less of an effect than in the past because now people realize the New York/Washington Media cartel is a pack of unscrupulous liars who have been manipulating elections,  and people aren't buying it anymore. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

geronl

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 07:08:46 pm »
Whining and complaining is not "taking on" and it's also not part of the job of President to worry about the press.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 08:43:40 pm »
Listen to the President before reacting to it from a kneejerk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oh9xksNvgE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oh9xksNvgE

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 08:46:25 pm »
   I can't @Right_in_Virginia I'm still in Rehab.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline beandog

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 08:52:49 pm »
Listen to the President before reacting to it from a kneejerk:/quote]

You do know that even if they listened to it, they'd only hear what they want to hear.  Some people are making a career out of "cutting off their nose to spite their face". :shrug:  The media is corrupt and they deserve every slam made against them.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 08:56:31 pm »
They are doing things to Trump they have never done to anyone else in terms of range and scale.

Because others haven't been dumb enough to keep sticking their head into the nooses.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 09:07:52 pm »
Because others haven't been dumb enough to keep sticking their head into the nooses.

You mean like Bill Clinton,   who dodged the draft,  protested his own nation during the Vietnam War,  toured Russia and the Nations behind the Iron curtain while staying with communists,   used State police officers to help him sneak sluts and whores into the State House,   Lied about smoking weed,   used the power of his office to intimidate women into having sex with him,   became sexually involved with an employee in the White House and then lied about it under Oath,  Sold Secrets to China in exchange for campaign contributions,   closed down American anthracite coal production to the benefit of the Chinese,   ordered a deliberate coverup of the shooting down of Flight 800,   and initiated the US Policy (Housing loans for poor people who couldn't pay their loans)   and any number of other scandals and abuses of power to numerous to remember and mention?   

Like that?   

No,  I don't think the problem is about President's sticking their heads in nooses,  I think the problem is that we have a system where the Media refuses to cover horrible scandals that affect their political party,   and that they make up fake political scandals to use against the party they hate.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 09:59:12 pm »
I dunno, his remarks lack the added alliterative appeal of "nattering nabobs of negativism", "hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history", or even "pusillanimous pussyfooters", but then the likes of William Safire haven't been around for a while.  :shrug:
Let it burn.