Author Topic: Will America Believe Trump or Comey?  (Read 974 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Will America Believe Trump or Comey?
« on: May 17, 2017, 01:30:04 pm »
By Jeffrey Rodack   |   Wednesday, 17 May 2017 07:43 AM

The looming showdown between President Donald Trump and his fired FBI Director James Comey promises to have major implications for the longevity of the new administration, CNN reported.

In the end, it all comes down to whether Americans believe Trump or Comey, according to the news network.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/trump-comey-showdown/2017/05/17/id/790593/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SirLinksALot

Re: Will America Believe Trump or Comey?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 02:07:42 pm »
RE: Will America Believe Trump or Comey?

On what issue?

On the issue of whether Comey ought to have been fired, I don't need Trump to tell me that he ought to have been canned as early as last year when he mishandled the Hillary email investigation.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 03:41:24 pm »
Show me the verifiable evidence.  Otherwise we're just rehashing the Bush National Guard memos from Dan Rather.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 03:44:45 pm »
The problem here is the assumption one has to believe on or the other, usually based on what team you are rooting for, not the events.

I suspect the reality is much closer to both of them lying and corrupt.

Offline beandog

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 03:45:03 pm »
I don't believe anything Comey says, especially after his dispicable behavior in letting Hillary off the hook.  The biggest mistake Trump made was not firing the lying POS on day 1. **nononono*

Offline ABX

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 03:51:56 pm »
I don't believe anything Comey says, especially after his dispicable behavior in letting Hillary off the hook.  The biggest mistake Trump made was not firing the lying POS on day 1. **nononono*

Trump also let Hillary off the hook after promising during the campaign he would go after her (assuming via the Justice Department).

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-no-special-prosecutor-to-go-after-hillary-clinton-says-trump-campaign-spokeswoman-20161122-htmlstory.html

So by that standard, Trump and Comey are in the same boat. They are all corrupt liars.

Offline LetsTalk

• Right Here. Right Now.
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 04:38:33 pm »
It's going to take evidence to convince Trump supporters to trust James Comey over the president. Quite frankly, I don't think he has it.
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly
to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."

-Albert Einstein

Offline beandog

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 06:01:46 pm »
Trump also let Hillary off the hook after promising during the campaign he would go after her (assuming via the Justice Department).

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-no-special-prosecutor-to-go-after-hillary-clinton-says-trump-campaign-spokeswoman-20161122-htmlstory.html

So by that standard, Trump and Comey are in the same boat. They are all corrupt liars.
Changing your mind is not the same as being a "corrupt liar".  It was Comey's job to follow the law, and he didn't do that. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 06:03:04 pm »
Does the memo exist, or not?

Offline ABX

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 06:04:36 pm »
Does the memo exist, or not?

Chaffetz is threatening to subpoena it so we'll see soon enough. He already informally requested it from the FBI.  Gowdy has also requested it.

Offline ABX

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 06:13:40 pm »
Changing your mind is not the same as being a "corrupt liar".  It was Comey's job to follow the law, and he didn't do that. *****rollingeyes*****

This isn't changing your mind like choosing mustard over mayo on your burger. He made the case criminal acts took place and after he took that oath, it is his legal duty to follow through on that. Article 2, Section 3.

Also, isn't that just a cop-out that he changed his mind? It seems that can and is an excuse for almost every promise he abandons. 'Oh, he just changed his mind...' In the past, any candidate who 'changed his mind' on campaign promises was considered, rightfully so, a corrupt liar.