Author Topic: Student beat him, then others kicked him. Later, 8-year-old kills himself  (Read 1340 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Student beat him, then others kicked him. Later, 8-year-old kills himself
USA Today Network Anne Saker, The Cincinnati Enquirer Published 7:56 a.m. ET May 11, 2017 |

CINCINNATI — A security camera video taken inside a Cincinnati elementary school reveals that a student assaulted an 8-year-old boy in a restroom and other children may have kicked and struck the boy for 5 minutes while he lay unconscious.

Two days later, the child, Gabriel Taye, hanged himself.

In a report obtained by The Cincinnati Enquirer, a Cincinnati Police homicide detective describes the Jan. 24 Carson Elementary School video’s content: “I witnessed behavior that in my belief is bullying and could even rise to the level of criminal assault” if not for the young ages of the perpetrators.

School officials did not tell Gabriel's mother about the assault or that he had lost consciousness, only that the boy had fainted, said Jennifer Branch, a lawyer for the boy's mother. Gabriel's mother has agreed to identify her child publicly but did not wish to release her own name.

Continued: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/05/11/student-8-beaten-kicked-kills-himself/317441001/

Terrible that the school did not notify the parents or guardians of the beating the boy suffered in the bathroom. For me, it's hard to fathom an 8 year old actually killing himself but apparently, that is what happened here.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Two days after an 8-year-old Ohio boy was tormented by school bullies, being knocked unconscious and repeatedly kicked and harassed as he lay motionless on the ground by other schoolboys, he killed himself by hanging.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16359/8-year-old-kills-himself-after-school-bullies-amanda-prestigiacomo

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
He looks quite well-dressed in the pic above.

I wonder if there was any resentment against him for "actin' white" ??

Offline Frank Cannon

I have a hard time believing that an 8 year old would hang themselves over a bullying incident. Where were his parents? Where were the teachers? This is a pretty heavy move for someone that age that would show up in his behavior.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
No child should have to die. Especially like this.

Rest In Peace, little one.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This will be out of the news tomorrow,and forgotten by next week. Blacks don't give a damn about black on black violence. The only thing that scares and outrages them is whites fighting back.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Rivergirl

I first read this story on the Cincinnati website and cried.  The cover up by the school was complicit in this child's death  If the parent was truthfully told that the child was knocked unconscious that information  would have been given to the hospital when he was checked out for abdominal pains and a more complete examination would have been done.
That the superintendent is covering for the school is disgusting and inexcusable.
Criminal charges against those who attacked the boy and against the school authorities.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I first read this story on the Cincinnati website and cried.  The cover up by the school was complicit in this child's death  If the parent was truthfully told that the child was knocked unconscious that information  would have been given to the hospital when he was checked out for abdominal pains and a more complete examination would have been done.
That the superintendent is covering for the school is disgusting and inexcusable.
Criminal charges against those who attacked the boy and against the school authorities.

They released the video (not posting but easy to google it). This was not bullying but severe and constant physical assault. Every single case of this against this child should be considered attempted murder and the school along with those who directly committed the assault, should be held to account for this. The media constantly saying 'bullying' in this case, in my opinion, trivializes the nature of what happens and relegates it to actions like name calling.

Call it what it is, assault and murder.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They released the video (not posting but easy to google it). This was not bullying but severe and constant physical assault. Every single case of this against this child should be considered attempted murder and the school along with those who directly committed the assault, should be held to account for this. The media constantly saying 'bullying' in this case, in my opinion, trivializes the nature of what happens and relegates it to actions like name calling.

Call it what it is, assault and murder.

@AbaraXas

I couldn't agree more on all points.

Offline Rivergirl

Heartfelt condolences to the mom of this little boy.   
RIP, son.................
On this mother's day weekend we all grieve for the loss of this precious child.

Offline mountaineer

I quite agree, @AbaraXas  This comment makes no sense:
“I witnessed behavior that in my belief is bullying and could even rise to the level of criminal assault” if not for the young ages of the perpetrators.
But it was criminal assault, and there are ways of addressing that even when the perpetrators are young - even if it means locking up the little psychopaths in a juvenile facility until they're 18.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rivergirl

How sad that the school was more worried about themselves rather than this child who should have been protected by them.  And the superintendent excusing the behavior of his staff.
SICKENING

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How sad that the school was more worried about themselves rather than this child who should have been protected by them.  And the superintendent excusing the behavior of his staff.
SICKENING

@Rivergirl

Don't be surprised. The communists had pretty much taken over our school systems by the 60's,and the KEY to communism is the importance of institution over individual. Individuals are nothing more than tools to be moved,used,and discarded as needed. It's the institutions that are important to them.

Offline Applewood

I quite agree, @AbaraXas  This comment makes no sense:But it was criminal assault, and there are ways of addressing that even when the perpetrators are young - even if it means locking up the little psychopaths in a juvenile facility until they're 18.

Unfortunately,  the law as it pertains to juveniles hasn't caught up to the violent reality of today.  These kids start out as violent predators st a very young age.  Is it because of violent video games?  The prevalence of dysfunctional, often violent families?  Who knows?  The law is stuck in the Leave It to Beaver days of the 1950s when kids that age would never become that violent.   So the law's remedies for a child who commits what would be a major felony if he were an adult are inadequate.  Locked up till 18?  Big wup.  Odds are once the kid is released, he will go back to a life of violent crime. Next time he ends up in prison, it will be for life...or he nay end up on death row. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

The school authorities should be fired with no opportunity for re-hire for the cover-up.

But if it is never reported as such, "There is no bullying in our model school."
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Unfortunately,  the law as it pertains to juveniles hasn't caught up to the violent reality of today.  These kids start out as violent predators st a very young age.  Is it because of violent video games?  The prevalence of dysfunctional, often violent families?  Who knows?  The law is stuck in the Leave It to Beaver days of the 1950s when kids that age would never become that violent.   So the law's remedies for a child who commits what would be a major felony if he were an adult are inadequate.  Locked up till 18?  Big wup.  Odds are once the kid is released, he will go back to a life of violent crime. Next time he ends up in prison, it will be for life...or he nay end up on death row.
Video games? The body count in teevee commercials, not to mention the programs, movies, music, video, etc is a slaughter of genocidal proportions.

There is a culture out there which doesn't even regard a kid as a 'man' until he's shot someone, and beatdowns are just a part of it.

Until the punishment fits the crime, until it is severe enough to either be a deterrent or ensure no recidivism, this will persist, fed by cultural rot.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I ventured to the school Facebook page, lots of folks wanting the officials fired, but few if any mention the kids or their parents that did the violence. Seems a mentality of nothing can be done about them, but the school officials did this entirely. I was always of a mind that kids that are instilled by their parents what is right and wrong and a mindset of "you go to school to learn". Parents that send kids to school for free babysitting are the trouble.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 07:35:34 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

I ventured to the school Facebook page, lots of folks wanting the officials fired, but few if any mention the kids or their parents that did the violence. Seems a mentality of nothing can be done about them, but the school can. I was always of a mind that kids that are instilled by their parents what is right and wrong and a spirit of wanting to learn can be taught. Parents that send kids to school for free babysitting are the trouble.
Agreed, but the law requires that, too.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The school authorities should be fired with no opportunity for re-hire for the cover-up.

@Smokin Joe

I agree. In addition the mothers,because we KNOW the fathers were anonymous sperm donors with a 6 pack of Colt 45 and some crack whose purpose it was to enable the mother to pump out 18 years of welfare checks and free housing,need to be held to be responsible for the criminal acts of her children. Start putting the violent punks in a section of juvie created for only violent offenders,and then put the mam's in prison for the acts of their minor child.

You won't have to do that for longer than it takes for the word to get out,and suddenly there will be a stampede of welfare baby mamas jerking knots in the heads of their JD children and smacking them back into line.

The way the system works now is the jr thugs and their mamas are being REWARDED for their criminal behavior by  giving them free food,free housing,free medical care,free clothing,and anything else they need and not even making them work for it. Gee,I wonder why this only keeps getting worse?

Let the baby mamas know that if their punk wannabe thug chil-runs start acting up that both they AND their idiot chil-runs will be living in cardboard boxes outside of the local black church with NO government checks coming in,and I can guarantee you that this will change practically overnight.

BTW,anybody want to bet me that the punks that beat that tiny little boy to death were'nt at least half-again as big as he was,and even then it took three or four of them to have the balls to attack that skinny little boy that was by himself? What does THAT say about what passes for black "culture" these days?

This was nothing less than gang murder,and the murderers should be tried as adults and sent to a felon juvie until they turn 18,and graduate to "De big time".
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 01:19:33 pm by sneakypete »