Author Topic: State police: 3 dead, including deputy, in rural Arkansas  (Read 645 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
State police: 3 dead, including deputy, in rural Arkansas
« on: May 11, 2017, 06:44:18 pm »
State police: 3 dead, including deputy, in rural Arkansas

DARDANELLE, Ark. (AP) -- Authorities were working to negotiate a suspect's surrender Thursday after a sheriff's deputy and two other people were found dead in rural Arkansas.

Arkansas State Police spokesman Bill Sadler said a Yell County sheriff's deputy was en route to a disturbance call early Thursday morning when he pulled over a vehicle. That deputy was fatally shot during the traffic stop, and when officers arrived at the location of the initial disturbance call, they found two more people dead, Sadler said.

The causes of death for the other two victims have not been released.

Continued: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ARKANSAS_DEPUTY_KILLED?SITE=AZPHG&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

This is a bad situation and the suspect is still holed up in a house from what I understand.  I hope there are no hostages.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: State police: 3 dead, including deputy, in rural Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 12:47:24 am »
Suspect James Bowden in custody:

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/news/local-news/triple-homicide-suspect-james-bowden-who-is-he/711908234

In a press conference Thursday, Arkansas State Police identified the suspect as James Bowden, 42. Police say after Bowden shot the three victims, he hid out in a house where he held his girlfriend, Haley, hostage. He is charged with three counts of Capital Murder in the deaths of Lt. Kevin Mainhart and two females who have not been identified. Haley is safe and will be interviewed by police.

Sounds like a situation to me that may be a man angry with his girlfriend/wife, that sort of deal; domestic dispute.  Something like this.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 12:47:40 am by TomSea »