Author Topic: Comey firing could spur new review of Clinton case, immunity deals, ex-agent says  (Read 870 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/11/comey-firing-could-spur-new-review-clinton-case-immunity-deals-ex-agent-says.html

Catherine Herridge
By Catherine Herridge, Pamela K. Browne
Published May 11, 2017
Fox News

Now Playing

Why now? Director Comey is out at the FBI

President Trump’s decision to fire James Comey touched off widespread speculation in Washington over what will happen to the FBI’s Russia meddling probe – but the prospect of new leadership at the bureau also could hold implications for the ‘closed’ Hillary Clinton email case.

Brian Weidner, a veteran former FBI agent, suggested both the case and the immunity deals struck during that investigation could be revisited.

"I would be surprised if they did not review all the investigations regarding HRC and come up with [a] conclusion regarding prosecution. The statute of limitations hasn't come into play yet," he said in an email to Fox News.

As for the immunity deals struck with key players in the Clinton orbit, he noted those deals are “with the government, so in theory it wouldn't change.”

However, he wrote, “a new AG and new director may take a good look at the entire case, and if anyone who received immunity did not live up to their agreement, like Huma [Abedin] with the classified documents on her computer, the deal is off and they are potential targets again.”

For dozens of current and former agents, the key factor will be who is the next director of the world’s most powerful law enforcement agency.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Perhaps Comey was fired so that they could grant him immunity for spilling his guts on the broad with all the pantsuits.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I sure hope it does.

Offline anubias

I hope it happens but won't hold my breath.  Watching Hillary repeatedly get away with her vast crimes including murder has left me cynical.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 07:54:32 pm by anubias »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I hope it happens but won't hold my breath.  Watching Hillary repeatedly get away with her vast crimes including murder has left me cynical.

Amazing, isn't it?  Going back to Arkansas and continuing till today, Hillary should have been in the Federal Maximum Security prison in Florence, Colorado (the best one, I hear).
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline anubias

Amazing, isn't it?  Going back to Arkansas and continuing till today, Hillary should have been in the Federal Maximum Security prison in Florence, Colorado (the best one, I hear).

From your lips to God's ears.   :beer:

Wingnut

Yep.  That is a class a Federal "pound me in the Ass" prison.  Hillary will be a good fit.