Author Topic: Trump Is Getting His Wall  (Read 1954 times)

Offline endicom

Trump Is Getting His Wall
« on: May 10, 2017, 11:22:08 pm »
American Thinker
Frank Friday
May, 10, 2017

What is it with our best-paid friends in the conservative media these days? They seem stuck on doom-and-gloom no matter the facts. Do they not know what is in the spending bill Congress just passed? Or is there just some playbook of pessimism they follow to keep their audiences? Or are they so lazy they just follow along with fake newscasters that since Trump is getting a mere bollard fence, it isn’t a “wall”, even though the Border Patrol experts favor this design, as it allows them to see through the other side for potential climbers? (I still kind of like Herman Cain’s electric fence, though)   

Ann Coulter’s last column is typical, where she ridicules Mr. Trump’s OMB director for somehow agreeing not to build the Trump Wall in the just passed Continuing Resolution deal with Congress.

But in reality, there is plenty of money in this year’s CR as even one liberal source grudgingly confirmed  for Trump’s border wall -- both to repair 20 miles of existing steel pedestrian barrier (important, as illegals have cut holes in the most desirable locations) and to replace another 20 miles of the worthless “vehicle barrier” with the good bollard designs. Many more miles will be added this fall as well when Congress does next year’s full budget.

More... http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/05/trump_is_getting_his_wall.html

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Trump Is Getting His Wall
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 11:27:28 pm »

Just one of many things for the nattering nabobs of #nevertrumpism to dwell upon.

Never happy, never their way, never never never.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 11:37:46 pm »
??? This subject has been discussed several times in here; yes, the budget does include some funding for the wall; but it is to replace parts of the existing wall that are either dilapidated or inadequate.  Also included in the budget is text prohibiting any future funding of a wall.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 02:02:31 am »
Just one of many things for the nattering nabobs of #nevertrumpism to dwell upon.

Ann was one Trump's biggest supporters.  Alas, I don't think she trusts him a whole lot anymore. 

As I recall, Ann was pretty disgusted with the Obamacare debacle--now with the border wall issue, too, it seems.  Maybe Trump will get the wall; most of us NeverTrumpers actually hope that he will.   

You see, contrary to the nonsensically nattering Trumpsters, we NeverTrumpers don't want Trump to fail;  however, we have never trusted Trump.  That's completely different.  (Even some of Trump's closest associates have said that he lies all the time, by the way.) 

My own disgust with now-POTUS Trump began on Inauguration Day when Trump said Bill and Hillary were "good people."  If he believes that, he is an utter fool.  If he doesn't believe it, he is a liar.  You get to take your pick. 

Under circumstances like that, I would suggest that you quit taking every conceivable opportunity to malign principled, patriotic NeverTrumpers.  It will usually backfire on you, as I have just demonstrated.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 02:07:51 am »
The winners die in battle. The losers are those who run away.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 02:16:02 am »
But in reality, there is plenty of money in this year’s CR as even one liberal source grudgingly confirmed  for Trump’s border wall -- both to repair 20 miles of existing steel pedestrian barrier (important, as illegals have cut holes in the most desirable locations) and to replace another 20 miles of the worthless “vehicle barrier” with the good bollard designs.

Forty miles? He's crowing about forty stinking miles?

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Many more miles will be added this fall as well when Congress does next year’s full budget.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 02:18:29 am »
Promises are promises....

But border crossings are way down, what the wall seems to assure is some sort of ongoing plan into the future, 10, 20 years from now.

Enforcement is really what would work the best in my opinion.

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 02:50:50 am »

Enforcement is really what would work the best in my opinion.

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that (General) Swing. First they had to get the corrupt Border Patrol agents off of the southern border.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0706/p09s01-coop.html

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 06:31:03 am »
The winners die in battle. The losers are those who run away.
Dying ain't much of a "win".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 06:32:54 am »

Well, at that rate it will only take most of 50 years to build it. Job security...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 06:59:07 am »
There are a lot of border experts who have never been to the border, talked with a border agent or even watched an episode of U.S. Border Patrol.

And while we're at it, how many immigration experts have talked about fixing a broken immigration system during the past 5 years?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 08:09:54 am »
Well, at that rate it will only take most of 50 years to build it. Job security...

Job Security indeed - for two generations... The pensions alone... It boggles the mind.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2017, 10:40:38 am »

That is not correct.  20 miles are repairs of existing fence. 

Still 20 miles is 20 miles.  I feel safer.  You don't feel it because you're a nattering nabob of #nevertrumpism

Thank you GOP Congress and President Trump for this single step.

SO MUCH WINNING!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2017, 11:28:35 am »
And here, I thought that was attributed to Mao Tse Tung.
Maybe it was just because he used it so much.
Learn something new every day.

Maybe it's a 12 step program.
Maybe in a couple hundred years, when it is finally done, it can be revamped and used as a tourist attraction.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2017, 10:06:39 pm »
Dying ain't much of a "win".

Yes true, I wasn't talking about me. I'm talking about them.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 10:38:05 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Silver Pines

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 10:13:39 pm »

@truth_seeker

Ann Coulter wrote a book called "In Trump We Trust."  Is she #nevertrump now?

Of course, if she were there would be nothing wrong with it.  Since when is it a shameful thing to dislike politicians? 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 10:35:45 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I prefer Pink Floyd's Wall.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 11:00:58 pm »
What did I say months ago? He would take credit for the existing construction and plans going in under the Secure Fence Act as his own creation and his fans would cheer 'he did it!' .

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 11:10:44 pm »

Yep ... and those 40 stinking miles are here and there and aren't new -- they are existing fence/wall in need of repair.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 11:22:11 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 11:24:16 pm »
What did I say months ago? He would take credit for the existing construction and plans going in under the Secure Fence Act as his own creation and his fans would cheer 'he did it!' .

You were obviously correct.  Chances are the Trumpsters/LIV don't even know about the Secure Fence Act.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 11:27:46 pm »
You were obviously correct.  Chances are the Trumpsters/LIV don't even know about the Secure Fence Act.

God bless Duncan Hunter.

Silver Pines

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2017, 11:31:00 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I prefer Pink Floyd's Wall.

@Freya

I kind of like Hadrian's Wall.