Author Topic: If Trump fired Comey over Russia, he must go  (Read 271 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
If Trump fired Comey over Russia, he must go
« on: May 10, 2017, 04:15:10 pm »
If Trump fired Comey over Russia, he must go

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/05/10/if-trump-fired-comey-over-russia-he-must-go/?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.f558f89006ca

By Jennifer Rubin May 10 at 9:15 AM

The New York Times reported, “Senior White House and Justice Department officials had been working on building a case against Mr. Comey since at least last week, according to administration officials. Mr. Sessions had been charged with coming up with reasons to fire him, officials said.”

If this is true — that Sessions was charged by President Trump (no one else would have the authority) to figure out reasons to fire Comey — then the question hanging over the presidency is: What was the real reason? If the reason was not that Trump, after all that talk about “locking up” Hillary Clinton and praise last October for Comey’s letter reintroducing the Clinton email investigation into the campaign, suddenly realized Comey had behaved improperly under Justice Department rules, then the rationale is a lie. The letters from Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein are therefore part of a pretext for firing the FBI director engaged in an investigation of the president and his campaign’s conduct.

snip
----------------------------------------------------------

Rubin chumming the waters

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: If Trump fired Comey over Russia, he must go
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 04:20:04 pm »
Jennifer Rubin is supposed to be a "conservative",   but in all the years she has been writing,  I don't think I have ever seen her advance a conservative idea of any sort. 

I don't think I have ever agreed with anything she's ever written. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 04:20:54 pm by DiogenesLamp »
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 04:21:43 pm »
Her article says "IF".

Now how do you prove this?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 04:22:58 pm »
Rubin is a full out Leftist. I don't even know how she was ever considered even a mild GOPer.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 04:24:13 pm »
Jennifer Rubin is supposed to be a "conservative",   but in all the years she has been writing,  I don't think I have ever seen her advance a conservative idea of any sort. 

I don't think I have ever agreed with anything she's ever written.

Same here. But, she she goes ahead and plays the Impeach card. Maxine and Elijah must be ecstatic.