Author Topic: Politicians Call for Wales to Be Transformed into World’s First Migrant ‘Sanctuary’  (Read 2089 times)

rangerrebew

Politicians Call for Wales to Be Transformed into World’s First Migrant ‘Sanctuary’

by Jack Montgomery7 Apr 20171,175

Politicians in Wales are campaigning to transform the country into the world’s first “nation of sanctuary” for “refugees and asylum seekers”.

The Welsh Assembly’s Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee has published a report which chairman John Griffiths (Labour) hopes will help advance the Welsh Government’s goal of becoming a sanctuary, a commitment agreed in principle in 2012.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
Politicians Call for Wales to Be Transformed into World’s First Migrant ‘Sanctuary’

Politicians in Wales are campaigning to transform the country into the world’s first “nation of sanctuary” for “refugees and asylum seekers”.

The Welsh Assembly’s Equality, Local Government and Communities Committee has published a report which chairman John Griffiths (Labour) hopes will help advance the Welsh Government’s goal of becoming a sanctuary, a commitment agreed in principle in 2012.

Well, since most asylum-seekers who are legitimately displaced ( not sleeper cell members) express a strong and almost universal desire to return to their nations of origin, maybe we should be thinking in those terms to at least some degree.
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline skeeter

What the *&^ is wrong with western politicians (and the people who vote for them)?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

What? The Angles, Jutes, Celts, Romans, Saxons, Vikings, Bretons, and Normans just were not enough invasion?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

What the *&^ is wrong with western politicians (and the people who vote for them)?
In the Western Tradition we have done away with executing all but the most egregious failed politicians. Unfortunately, that just encourages more.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
What? The Angles, Jutes, Celts, Romans, Saxons, Vikings, Bretons, and Normans just were not enough invasion?

They are throwin' out the welcome mat to more and more Frisians, Picts and Danes, though. Dirty buggers, they were.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LateForLunch

In the Western Tradition we have done away with executing all but the most egregious failed politicians. Unfortunately, that just encourages more.

I think I have an explanation, if not a solution. We are confronted with what may be called the Leadership Paradox. That is the concept that in our age, those most unworthy and undeserving to hold power and influence over others often are the most effective and energetic at seeking and obtaining that power.

That may go part-in-parcel with another principle which may be called the Prosperity Paradox, which is the concept that  prolonged, increased general prosperity tends over time to erode and neutralize the conditions which produced that prosperity in the first place.

The invention of the mass media (television, Internet) created a force which tends to enable cacogenic (degenerate) influences and persons because the nature of mass media is that those with skill at manipulating and promulgating illusions are likely to succeed far better than those who are simply moral, competent and self disciplined in administration and communication.

When words have grater power as munitions (the effect that they create) than as tools to exchange  thoughts, opinions and ideas that is a dynamic which probably favors pathological personality types more so than healthier personality types.

Which leads us back again to the Leadership Paradox.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:38:49 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Migrant Sanctuary, aka Ethnic Cleansing.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

I wonder if anyone happened to ask the Welsh?

Offline andy58-in-nh

The only conceivable reason to allow such a thing would be for the possibly knee-slapping entertainment value of listening to foreigners try to pronounce Welsh place names:

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

I wonder if anyone happened to ask the Welsh?

That was my thought as well.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Somehow, I don't see the Welsh people going for this. Not that they are opposed to foreigners, but with the exception of a couple of large (relatively so) cities (Cardiff and Swansea), it is mostly made up of small cities that preserve cultural heritage. Most simply don't have the infrastructure to support any large influx of migrants.

Offline Smokin Joe

The only conceivable reason to allow such a thing would be for the possibly knee-slapping entertainment value of listening to foreigners try to pronounce Welsh place names:

That might impede any terrorist acts in Wales if they can neither spell nor pronounce the targets.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

That was my thought as well.

In my estimation, a small country that maintains a centuries old language and culture might just tend to be a touch insular.

Offline Smokin Joe

In my estimation, a small country that maintains a centuries old language and culture might just tend to be a touch insular.
That would make it harder to convert any locals--I doubt the Quran has been translated to Welsh.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Insanity.

Richard Llewellyn ("How Green Was My Valley") must be rollin' in is grave.

Offline roamer_1

That would make it harder to convert any locals--I doubt the Quran has been translated to Welsh.

Well, it ain't been translated into Redneck either, but it ain't stopping em from swamping us with 'refugees' either.
Funny, ain't it, how their being shipped into places where it's sure to cause trouble...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

https://www.alislam.org/quran/selected-verses/Welsh.pdf

Not the full thing, but a good chunk.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

No doubt these politicians see $$$ from the EU/UK in this idea

Offline Smokin Joe

Well, it ain't been translated into Redneck either, but it ain't stopping em from swamping us with 'refugees' either.
Funny, ain't it, how their being shipped into places where it's sure to cause trouble...
They shipped wolves, lynx, all kinds of troublesome critters into remote parts of the country, too. 'nuff said.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

No doubt these politicians see $$$ from the EU/UK in this idea
I have little doubt that someone is underwriting this, and that 'refugee resettlement' agencies masquerading as christian church organizations are cashing in.

In the US, they get 4-6K per head for stuffing them into communities, and often find places with excess housing with people tied to that who are also in the local government and anxious to improve their bottom line and fill empty units. Knowing full well that providing that housing can be later supported through making it subsidized housing (Yep, there goes the neighborhood), they'll sell out.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline LateForLunch

Insanity.

Richard Llewellyn ("How Green Was My Valley") must be rollin' in is grave.

If the perpetrators were insane, their actions might be partly forgivable, but this is evil. This is willful enabling of a barbarian invasion of a civilized nation by muzz vermin.   

Offline Smokin Joe

Oh, well, no one else has said it.

SAVE THE WALES!

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Oh, well, no one else has said it.

SAVE THE WALES!

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Oh, man, that was bad.

888high58888