Author Topic: The Unfortunate Phenomenon of Black Political Groupthink  (Read 586 times)

rangerrebew

The Unfortunate Phenomenon of Black Political Groupthink
« on: April 30, 2017, 12:35:52 pm »
April 30, 2017
The Unfortunate Phenomenon of Black Political Groupthink
By Lloyd Marcus

My black brother called me from Baltimore feeling frustrated and alone. He is surrounded by blacks, including his own household, who believe everything they are told by fake news media. No amount of data, logic, or truth seems to penetrate their wall of brain-dead loyalty to the Democrat party and worship of Obama. My brother said that even at his all-black church every sermon includes digs against Trump.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/04/the_unfortunate_phenomenon_of_black_political_groupthink.html#ixzz4fjfnOSa1
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

rangerrebew

Re: The Unfortunate Phenomenon of Black Political Groupthink
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 12:41:18 pm »
I have to disagree in a way, more to add than detract.  Any ethnic group which identifies with liberals is subject to the group think paradigm.  It is rare to see any creative, individual thinking coming from liberals.  They tend to rely on talking points more than their own brains.

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: The Unfortunate Phenomenon of Black Political Groupthink
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 01:30:37 pm »
I have to disagree in a way, more to add than detract.  Any ethnic group which identifies with liberals is subject to the group think paradigm.  It is rare to see any creative, individual thinking coming from liberals.  They tend to rely on talking points more than their own brains.

That is true, and the reason is that modern "liberalism" is a collectivist ideology. The individual is simply not valued, and each life is held to gain meaning only as a member of a group or tribe, loyalty to which is demanded as a condition of acceptance. By extension, all personal rights and privileges in the collective are held to come not from nature or from God, but rather from an external and central grant of authority; i.e., from government, from the State.

In all collectivist societies, there is nothing personal that is not also political. One's sphere of liberty, whether in thought, expression or action, is always subject to control whenever it is seen to conflict with the needs and desires of the group. While such a system of societal organization and government has been foreign to America since its founding, one can now see it routinely among explicitly left-wing sociopolitical organizations, such as the mainstream news media, Academia, and yes, in certain ethnic groups.

Increasingly, for those who dare assert individual liberty and differing viewpoints, no discussion is allowed. Instead, they are routinely shunned, shouted down, punished, degraded and worse.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn