Author Topic: Trump Admits He Thought Being President ‘Would Be Easier’  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Trump Admits He Thought Being President ‘Would Be Easier’
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2017, 08:18:17 pm »
Yeah, but 0 didn't really have much to compare it to.  I'm sure everyone's first job seems like a lot of work.

****drummer

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2017, 08:34:33 pm »
A President has a tough job, but Trump's is tougher than most.   There's no loyal opposition, the Dems want him as good as dead.   And the promise of a GOP Congress passing bills that the President can sign turned out to be a cruel joke.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2017, 08:40:31 pm »
Some harsh comments here. I'm guessing every president has encountered this at some point. The intelligence briefings, the day to day business of being president, the constant stress. I give Trump credit for admitting it. I'd be worried about anyone who said, "Oh yeah, this president gig is a piece of cake."

I also give him credit. He isn't using political talk. He is telling the truth from his short experience.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2017, 08:45:46 pm »

If you watch Trump, you can see that his manner is pretty subdued now.  He doesn't look like a happy man to me.  I saw a clip of him at his recent rally, and his speech/voice were nowhere near as energized as they were during the campaign.

He was given The Book of Secrets and learned about the coming alien takeover.

@CatherineofAragon

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2017, 08:50:32 pm »
A President has a tough job, but Trump's is tougher than most.   There's no loyal opposition, the Dems want him as good as dead.   And the promise of a GOP Congress passing bills that the President can sign turned out to be a cruel joke.
He is opposed by democrats, and by his own party.

But he effectively used the GOP as a vessel, for his otherwise 3rd party/outsider run.

He is MORE in line with what GOP voters have wanted and have been promised for years; namely immigration reform, healthcare reform, tax reform, stronger national security, budget reform.

The elected GOP reps promised all of that. Now they refuse to deliver it. Congress is held in deeper and deeper disdain. Yet the get reelected because of protected districts, money from lobbyists, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2017, 08:54:19 pm »
I also give him credit. He isn't using political talk. He is telling the truth from his short experience.

I agree.  Trump obviously could use more of a filter sometimes, but this is the kind of thing I don't mind hearing because it suggests he is actually working at the job.