Author Topic: Gay Journalist Leaves The Left Behind And Embraces A 'Brand New Conservative'  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Originally published on February 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Until September, journalist Chadwick Moore says his life had been lived in a liberal bubble — one that burst after he wrote a profile Milo Yiannopoulos for Out Magazine.

Yiannopoulos is a gay blogger for Breitbart and provocateur who so favors Donald Trump he calls him "daddy." Yiannopoulos has inspired such ferocious online attacks on others that he was banned from Twitter.

Moore's article was critical, but also let Yiannopoulos be heard, and included a professional photo shoot. As soon as it was published, Moore was attacked — so severely he says it pushed him to rethink his political allegiance.

He became the subject of a New York Post story earlier this month headlined "I'm a gay New Yorker and I'm coming out as conservative."

Moore tells NPR's Steve Inskeep that the personal attacks — including being shunned by his liberal friends — caused him to lose respect for the left.

He says people like him are "part of a brand new conservative."

"We were born in the Democratic Party, somebody set our house on fire, we went running out, and the right has been so welcoming to people like me and there's so many of us," he says....

http://wlrn.org/post/gay-journalist-leaves-left-behind-and-embraces-brand-new-conservative

Some things to be learned from this.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Some things to be learned from this.

Yeah, conservatives aren't welcome in the new GOP.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Hmmm.  No, that's not what I got out of it. 

Offline mirraflake

Most of the gays I know are moderate middle of the road to very conservative. Gun owners, want small small gov't, many own business and want less regulations andtaxes  but when you have social conservatives  screaming at  them they are going to  hell they go Democrat or don't vote.

There is a lot of Milo's out there in gay world.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:18:05 pm by mirraflake »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Limited government, but they'll sue the pants off Christians for daring to decline to serve their gay wedding.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mirraflake

Limited government, but they'll sue the pants off Christians for daring to decline to serve their gay wedding.

Some, most just take their business elsewhere or better yet buy off their gay friends  as what happens in most cases

A small group of disabled  people sue the pants off business over every little ADA infraction. One woman has brought forth over 10,00 lawsuits across the country and has won nearly all of them costing business millions. Do most disabled people do this? No, just a small fraction.

Where are the conservatives screaming about her?

@jmyrlefuller

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The fact that he seems to think that being gay is his defining characteristic is a big red flag. He'll never be able to get past it and it will be a crusade within the GOP just like the pro gay activists here at TBR.
You can be a conservative who is gay but have yet to see a self defined gay conservative who is actually conservative.

As it is, a Trump invited guest at the GOP convention stood onstage and told conservatives that if we don't support gay marriage, there is the door.

Offline mirraflake

You can be a conservative who is gay but have yet to see a self defined gay conservative who is actually conservative.

Turn off your computer, leave your small town of 38 houses and get out more. You will.

@Cripplecreek
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:43:48 pm by mirraflake »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hmmm.  No, that's not what I got out of it.

Take a look at what's currently going on in the Texas house with 95 "republicans" in control.  That should be all the proof anyone would ever need.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

The Conservative position is that I don't give a damn what your sexual preference is.  It simply isn't relevant.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

Most of the gays I know are moderate middle of the road to very conservative. Gun owners, want small small gov't, many own business and want less regulations andtaxes  but when you have social conservatives  screaming at  them they are going to  hell they go Democrat or don't vote.

There is a lot of Milo's out there in gay world.

IMO it's next to impossible to embrace conservatism and maintain a public identity as gay. Conservatives by definition self identify as individuals, period.

Sooner or later they'll be forced to choose. And it's usually the gay community doing the forcing.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Are you saying one must hate gays to be a certified conservative?   :pondering:

Offline skeeter

Are you saying one must hate gays to be a certified conservative?   :pondering:

It's more accurate to say that gays within the conservative movement will not tolerate social conservatives.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It's more accurate to say that gays within the conservative movement will not tolerate social conservatives.

Two sides of the same coin, IMO.  Both have a hard time leaving the bedroom out of the political "war room".   

Maybe with practice one day both will. 

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
????? Leaves who's behind???   

:huh?:

Offline DB

Two sides of the same coin, IMO.  Both have a hard time leaving the bedroom out of the political "war room".   

Actually, the conservatives I know could careless what adults do in their bedrooms. It is the people that demand to bring their bedroom into the public and demand that we love it is the problem.

Offline skeeter

No practice required. People can stop identifying themselves by their preferred sexual practice - presto, no problem.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 10:13:46 pm by skeeter »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Actually, the conservatives I know could careless what adults do in their bedrooms. It is the people that demand to bring their bedroom into the public and demand that we love it is the problem.

:amen: Exactly so!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
In 1977 Reagan opposed the Brigg's initiative, to block homosexuals from teaching positions.

The Log Cabin Republican organization grew, from those efforts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Log_Cabin_Republicans
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 10:35:03 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I agree.

This person isn't really identifying as a conservative. Co-opting the term out of convenience. And maybe to cause his liberal friends heads to implode.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I couldn't care less what they do in their bedrooms, just keep it out of my kid's schools, and quit writing it into every damned television show. For 2% of the population, it is grossly overrepresented in the media.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I couldn't care less what they do in their bedrooms, just keep it out of my kid's schools, and quit writing it into every damned television show. For 2% of the population, it is grossly overrepresented in the media.

Perfect word--grossly--the double meaning.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline musiclady

No practice required. People can stop identifying themselves by their preferred sexual practice - presto, no problem.

Exactly!  It is the left that has made this ridiculous group ID, and only identity  because of what they do in privacy, which they claim they have a Constitutional right to.

It makes no sense. 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

????? Leaves who's behind???   

:huh?:

You would leave too if you were being reared by "Daddy."