Author Topic: ‘At the end of the day, he’s God’s child’  (Read 455 times)

Offline Suppressed

‘At the end of the day, he’s God’s child’
« on: April 19, 2017, 12:57:45 pm »
‘At the end of the day, he’s God’s child’
After Trump supporter collapses, protestors provide care

Published 13 hours ago
BY DANIEL GAITAN
dgaitan@kenoshanews.com

“He needed help.”

That’s what retired Kenosha nurse Pat Ventura said shortly after providing emergency care to a man who collapsed Tuesday during President Donald Trump’s visit to Kenosha.

Trump, who made his first visit to Wisconsin since becoming president, spoke at Snap-on headquarters, 2801 80th St. Outside, nearby streets were packed with anti-Trump activists and steadfast supporters. The man, whose name and condition were not immediately available, collapsed around 1:30 p.m. and was lying on 80th Street when at least three health care professionals rushed over to provide care.

“Somebody said, ‘Hey, Pat. Somebody’s on the ground over there.’ I took off running,” said Ventura, who taught nursing for 10 years. “His phone was broken, because when he fell that fell out of his pocket, and he told us (his wife’s) name. Some young kid had to help me turn the phone on. We found his wife’s name and we called her.”

Ventura briefed the man’s wife on his condition and waited with him until emergency crews arrived to transport him to a local hospital.

“He was awake and talking. He got dizzy, he said,” Ventura recalled.

When he was taken away, Ventura rejoined a group of anti-Trump protestors.

“I hope he has a good health care plan,” Ventura joked.

Excerpt.  Read more at http://www.kenoshanews.com/news/at_the_end_of_the_day_hes_gods_child_492711623.php
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

Re: ‘At the end of the day, he’s God’s child’
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 01:10:28 pm »
Well it is Kenosha not Berkeley.  Good decent folk with midwestern values. The common clay of the midwest with love of God, family and the Green Bay Packers...  Not necessarily in that order.