Author Topic: Cleveland police update on search for suspect in Facebook murder - UPDATE: Guy's dead.  (Read 1791 times)

Wingnut

It was rather decent of him to save the tax payers all that money.

Wasn't it though.   ^-^

Offline NavyCanDo

:beer:

YES!    So happy it's over, and that he's been removed from this world.    My heart breaks for that dear old man he took with him.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Silver Pines

"Brenda Haymon, one of 74-year-old Godwin’s 10 children, said she wished Stephens had "gone down" a different way.

"All I can say is that I wish he had gone down in a hail of 100 bullets," Haymon told CNN, adding that she'd heard about Stephens' death while planning her dad's funeral. "I wish it had gone down like that instead of him shooting himself."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/family-slain-cleveland-man-wishes-stephens-hadn-killed-article-1.3069706

I agree with her.  Earlier today I heard another of the victim's daughters say that she held no animosity for her father's killer, and that she would have hugged him if she met him.  I guess I'm just not a very good Christian because I had to walk away from the radio after hearing that.

On the other hand, the murderer's mother said her son was a good Christian.   :whistle:

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
"Brenda Haymon, one of 74-year-old Godwin’s 10 children, said she wished Stephens had "gone down" a different way.

"All I can say is that I wish he had gone down in a hail of 100 bullets," Haymon told CNN, adding that she'd heard about Stephens' death while planning her dad's funeral. "I wish it had gone down like that instead of him shooting himself."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/family-slain-cleveland-man-wishes-stephens-hadn-killed-article-1.3069706

I agree with her.  Earlier today I heard another of the victim's daughters say that she held no animosity for her father's killer, and that she would have hugged him if she met him.  I guess I'm just not a very good Christian because I had to walk away from the radio after hearing that.

On the other hand, the murderer's mother said her son was a good Christian.   :whistle:

Great post KOA!! Granting forgiveness without demonstration of sincere remorse is simple-minded enabling. Good Christians do not commit murder. That woman is mistaken about her son being a good Christian, but he might have made a terrific Satanist or Salafist Muslim (since they both believe that committing wanton mass murder is perfectly normal and permissible). heh

The Christian Bible speaks of repentance being granted by God only, "in the presence of sincere remorse in the heart". In other words, God does not forgive acts unconditionally. He forgives us as sinners (only if and when we repent in our hearts) through God's Son Jesus Christ if we accept the Gift He offers (to believe in the heart and to demonstrate that belief through worship, prayer and acts of faith). Those who do not feel, seek nor demonstrate remorse are not forgiven their sins by God, nor can they obtain salvation through Christ, who knows the hearts of all people.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 08:34:26 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Silver Pines

Great post KOA!! Granting forgiveness without demonstration of sincere remorse is simple-minded enabling. Good Christians do not commit murder. That woman is mistaken about her son being a good Christian, but he might have made a terrific Satanist or Salafist Muslim (since they both believe that committing wanton mass murder is perfectly normal and permissible). heh

The Christian Bible speaks of repentance being granted by God only, "in the presence of sincere remorse in the heart". In other words, God does not forgive acts unconditionally. He forgives us as sinners (only if and when we repent in our hearts) through God's Son Jesus Christ if we accept the Gift He offers (to believe in the heart and to demonstrate that belief through worship, prayer and acts of faith). Those who do not feel, seek nor demonstrate remorse are not forgiven their sins by God, nor can they obtain salvation through Christ, who knows the hearts of all people.

@LateForLunch

I heard it said today that the family's reaction to this tragedy was a wonderful witness for Christ.  You know, that could be true.  Someone might have listened to them and started to think.  I know that we, as Christians, are called to forgive.   But if that were my loved one?  My husband?  I couldn't do it, I know I couldn't.  And I guess that says something negative about my faith.

geronl

Just remember that when you are a most wanted and everyone knows your face, go through the McDonalds drive thru. lol

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Yeah. Too bad he didn't start with the suicide before he killed that poor old dude.  Friggin' Norwegians. Lived like a coward, died like a coward. At least he was consistent. This once again proves my thesis that murder appeals to retards because next to vandalism or arson, it is the easiest crime to commit. It's as easy to murder someone as it is to take a crap. No wonder it is the crime-of-choice for morons.

BTW, he also blamed his mother for his violant rampage because he whined that she was not "compassionate" toward him when he told her he was depressed and suicidal.

She probably had heard it before and was sick of being on the giving end of a relationship with a fully grown man who demands to be treated like a child. I wonder how much comforting or compassion he gave to his mother since he had become an adult - more like "borrowed" money from her so he could blow it on booze, drugs and chicks.

And is it just me and my bad luck running into cacogens, or are most "social workers" worthless a-holes in their personal lives? Every social worker I ever met outside of a professional setting seemed to be vermin.

Uh huh

You try standing on a street corner all day and night wearing 9 inch stilettos and THEN tell me about my ill bred humor when I get home from work.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 01:32:27 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@LateForLunch

I heard it said today that the family's reaction to this tragedy was a wonderful witness for Christ.  You know, that could be true.  Someone might have listened to them and started to think.  I know that we, as Christians, are called to forgive.   But if that were my loved one?  My husband?  I couldn't do it, I know I couldn't.  And I guess that says something negative about my faith.

Forgive me, but isn't KOA a campground????  :laugh:

Don't confuse mercy and forgiveness.

This guy dies a merciful death.

Automatic forgiveness in something like this, IMO, doesn't happen and anyone who says they can do it, I doubt. Show them (the killer) mercy. Fine with me. Forgiveness can come later. After the grieving. After time has had time to help heal.

Because if you say you forgive someone and there is that niggler of a negative emotion in your thoughts then you are bearing false witness. And THEN you have to forgive yourself. Which can be a lot harder to do.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley