Author Topic: Teen accidentally kills himself on Instagram Live as friends watch  (Read 716 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
A Georgia teen was livestreaming a video on Instagram Monday evening when he accidentally shot himself.

Malachi Hemphill, 13, was rushed to Gracy Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, where he was pronounced dead, news station WXIA reported.

His mom, Shaniqua Stephens, was home when her son fatally shot himself while handling the gun in his bedroom in Forest Park, Georgia. She said he had been trying to put a clip in the gun.

[excerpted]
http://nypost.com/2017/04/12/teen-accidentally-kills-himself-on-instagram-live-as-friends-watch/

I find it curious that mom, who didn't see the event, who had to kick in the door after hearing the shot, is certain that the boy was "trying to put a clip in the gun".  Other than saying "play stupid games, win stupid prizes", I think I'll keep the rest of my observations about this to myself.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Teen accidentally kills himself on Instagram Live as friends watch
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 01:07:39 pm »
Kid wanted to play gang banger games. He lost.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 01:33:36 pm »
people do anything for attention these days

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 02:11:42 pm »

Frank.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 04:51:02 pm »
Clip? 

With 40 to 50 friends outside to watch his live video, I strongly expect this was no accident, or that his planned suicide happened just a bit earlier than planned. Of course I haven't seen the video, he could have been giving a gun cleaning lesson or a product test between Ballistol and Breakfree CLP.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 04:51:27 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 04:59:05 pm »
Clip? 

With 40 to 50 friends outside to watch his live video, I strongly expect this was no accident, or that his planned suicide happened just a bit earlier than planned. Of course I haven't seen the video, he could have been giving a gun cleaning lesson or a product test between Ballistol and Breakfree CLP.
I haven't seen the video either, but I'll take a shot in the dark...

He may have been just careless (lax trigger discipline) with a pistol with a magazine safety. If there was one up the pipe and he had the mag out, he could squeeze the trigger all day. Put the mag in, (assuming DA) bang!
That's the 'benefit of the doubt' guess. Sad and stupid, either way.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 05:08:45 pm »

Is there an age prerequisite for Darwin Award nominees?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 05:26:39 pm »
I haven't seen the video either, but I'll take a shot in the dark...

He may have been just careless (lax trigger discipline) with a pistol with a magazine safety. If there was one up the pipe and he had the mag out, he could squeeze the trigger all day. Put the mag in, (assuming DA) bang!
That's the 'benefit of the doubt' guess. Sad and stupid, either way.

I haven't seen it and don't want to but from the articles it appears he was playing with it showing off.  Probably trying to look tough.   His friends egged him on to put the "clip" in and thats when he shot himself.

Many handguns will fire without the magazine inserted.  My guess is he had no idea what he was doing and just hand the gun pointed at his head and bumped the trigger.

He got the gun from friends and not his parents.   He actually had a mother and father in the house.  Too bad they hadn't taught him basic gun safety.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 05:30:04 pm »
Haven't and won't see it, but I'd venture $5 he was pointing it sideways. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 06:10:29 pm »
Many handguns will fire without the magazine inserted. 

especially a revolver!

geronl

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 06:11:36 pm »
be careful of the belt-fed revolver!

geronl

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2017, 06:13:33 pm »
Only an idiot would have their finger on the trigger for a photo. Here is a pistol with a banana clip!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2017, 06:19:22 pm »
especially a revolver!

hmmm I think I see the problem
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2017, 06:59:58 pm »
hmmm I think I see the problem

He needs to steal a better phone?