Author Topic: British DJ sentenced to jail in Tunisia over dance remix of the Muslim call to prayer  (Read 372 times)

rangerrebew

British DJ sentenced to jail in Tunisia over dance remix of the Muslim call to prayer

Helena Horton

7 April 2017 • 9:26am

A British DJ has been sentenced to a year in jail by Tunisia for remixing a Muslim call to prayer.

Dax J, who was born in London, was charged with public indecency and offending public morality.

However, he had already fled the country and issued an apology before the court case.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/07/british-dj-sentenced-tunisia-remixing-muslim-call-prayer/
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 12:53:34 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Suppressed

A British DJ has been sentenced to a year in jail by Tunisia for remixing a Muslim call to prayer.

I tend to be pretty culturally sensitive, but I must admit that noise is horrifically grating.  I'm not sure remixing would help.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn