Author Topic: Trump White House Is Getting Things Ready For A Second SCOTUS Vacancy  (Read 1956 times)

Online libertybele

The biggest shake up will be when Ginsburg retires, provided that Trump sticks to the original list of conservative justice choices.

Trump White House Is Getting Things Ready For A Second SCOTUS Vacancy

...."Now, should a second vacancy occur, a) Republicans will not have as much trouble to confirm this person; and b) the composition of the Court could become more decidedly conservative. This is why it was probably best for the Democrats to keep their powder dry, but we’ve crossed that bridge. Even right now, the Trump White House is preparing to set the groundwork for that second vacancy and to fill as many as 100 vacancies in the federal court system. The rumor is that Justice Anthony Kennedy is set to retire shortly and that Gorsuch’s confirmation would be the signal that his seat would be in good hands. Apparently, both Trump and Kennedy’s children are creating this back channel of communication, as Don. Jr. and Kennedy’s son, Justin, know each other....

.....The White House has also closely monitored retirement chatter by tapping into the network of former Kennedy clerks, a group that includes Gorsuch himself. Some in the legal world viewed Gorsuch’s selection — he would be the first Supreme Court clerk to serve alongside a former boss — as an olive branch to Kennedy that, should he retire next, his seat would be in reliable presidential hands....

... White House officials have already set in motion plans to fill the more than 100 lower court vacancies, including more than 10 percent of the crucial seats on various U.S. Courts of Appeals, in a bid to tug America’s courts in a more conservative direction for decades to come...

...Trump took the unusual step on the campaign of producing a public list of 21 possible candidates for the Supreme Court. That pool of judicial talent — in particular, younger judges serving on state supreme courts — are now the front-runners to fill top federal court vacancies, according to three people involved in Trump’s judge-selection process....

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/04/07/politico-trump-white-house-is-getting-things-ready-for-a-second-scotus-vacancy-n2310065
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Trump White House Is Getting Things Ready For A Second SCOTUS Vacancy
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 01:20:05 pm »
Then Ginsburg, then Breyer...
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 01:36:34 pm »
The Lord works in mysterious ways, doesn't she?    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 01:38:11 pm »
Then Ginsburg, then Breyer...

You really think Ginsburg will retire?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 01:38:34 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 01:48:14 pm »

Willfully or otherwise she most certainly will!  She was born in March of 1933 and has cancer.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 02:05:02 pm »

She may not retire, but I'd bet she will be retired.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 02:15:29 pm »
I didnt vote for the guy, but you know how close we came to Hillary stacking SCOTUS with liberals, changing the court to heavy Left for the rest of my life.  JUST SAYING.   We dont have to like the man, but lets at least be grateful for what we dont have in the Oval Office.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 02:19:17 pm »
I didnt vote for the guy, but you know how close we came to Hillary stacking SCOTUS with liberals, changing the court to heavy Left for the rest of my life.  JUST SAYING.   We dont have to like the man, but lets at least be grateful for what we dont have in the Oval Office.

I can't stand the guy, but I pulled the lever for him back in November, for this very reason.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 05:02:31 pm »
I can't stand the guy, but I pulled the lever for him back in November, for this very reason.

Bless your heart.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 05:11:29 pm »
Bless your heart.   :whistle:

I will say that I feel he's improved over the past month or so.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 05:14:58 pm »

I didn't either but it's a shame that one cannot post approval of anything Trump does without using that caveat.

Trump has done a lot more positive things than negative and I am grateful every day that we were able to avoid the disaster of 8 years of Obama followed by 4 years of history.

The Supreme Court is one of the main reasons Trump was elected and he has done exceedingly well.  He's already vetted 20 people who would probably be good nominees.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2017, 06:01:09 pm »

You display clear thinking, of a kind which needs more emphasis and support here.

Bitching constantly about Trump, while he does more in conservative directions than anyone since (or perhaps even including) Reagan, is like a mental illness.

An obsession.

Replacing Kennedy advances 1/2 seat. Replacing Ginsburg or Breyer advances 1 seat, each.

Finally Trump followed through, and did just what he said he would.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2017, 06:09:40 pm »
The Lord works in mysterious ways, doesn't she?    :laugh:

"I LIKE IT!"
from the movie Robo Cop.

Since we can't seem to get the GOPE Congress to 'dance with the ones that brung 'em to the ball, and the White House still needs to have Priebus Boehnered,

This is a God Send.

Even if the MSM does manage to make Trump a 1 term President, with 2 more like Gorsuch on the bench, we can eventually take back the Rule of Law from the Liberal Activist Judges.

5th Amendment and 14th Amendment

Due Process and Equal Protection.

Apply them from the top down and solve a whole host of other problems.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 06:10:09 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2017, 07:00:05 pm »
"I LIKE IT!"
from the movie Robo Cop.

Since we can't seem to get the GOPE Congress to 'dance with the ones that brung 'em to the ball, and the White House still needs to have Priebus Boehnered,

This is a God Send.

Even if the MSM does manage to make Trump a 1 term President, with 2 more like Gorsuch on the bench, we can eventually take back the Rule of Law from the Liberal Activist Judges.

5th Amendment and 14th Amendment

Due Process and Equal Protection.

Apply them from the top down and solve a whole host of other problems.

Yes!!! It will be a very good thing.

I have never seen anything like the attacks on Trump.  They are relentless and widespread.  Just click on Yahoo or Google.... you don't even have to go to the New York Times or Washington Post. 

And all the lame late nighters are making a living off of Trump.  First time Alec Baldwin has been able to get work in ages.

It infuriates me so much I tend to abandon any negative feelings I have about Trump and rise to his defense.

In fact, he has been a better president than I expected and a far better one than anyone in the democrat party.  That party has been decimated of any genuine intellectuals or programs.  They have literally nothing to offer.

They have the press and the movie stars ... but most of those people don't even bother to vote.

Their base now consists almost entirely of free-loaders.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2017, 07:48:16 pm »
I am willing to bet that never in Reagan's life or the lives of the senators who helped confirm Kennedy, would they have imagined how this man would give America the gift Of .... GAY MARRIAGE!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 07:49:28 pm by SirLinksALot »

geronl

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017, 08:18:56 pm »
You know his daughter and son-in-law are going to be involved

geronl

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 08:20:19 pm »

You are assuming a lot about Goresuch

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2017, 11:08:26 pm »
Willfully or otherwise she most certainly will!  She was born in March of 1933 and has cancer.

Really? She has cancer?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2017, 11:22:01 pm »
Really? She has cancer?

She is cancer.

But what almost nobody seems to remember about all this is that U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was brain damaged by chemotherapy in 2009.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 11:23:47 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online corbe

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2017, 12:04:22 am »
Really? She has cancer?

She has had the big 'C' twice, I'll find the article. @Weird Tolkienish Figure

Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Health: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Published 12:00 am EDT, April 1, 2017  Updated 7:41 pm EDT, April 1, 2017

2. She’s Had Cancer Twice, Plus Heart Problems

In 1999, Ginsburg was diagnosed with colon cancer. She successfully underwent surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation to treat it.

But during a routine scan in 2009 at the National Institutes for Health, doctors discovered a small cancerous tumor in her pancreas. Although at the time the diagnosis seemed grim, she successfully recovered.

Neither bout of cancer caused her to miss any significant time on the bench.

Later on in 2009, while undergoing outpatient treatment for iron deficiency, she spent a night in the hospital after feeling lightheaded.

Most recently, on Nov. 26, 2014, she felt discomfort after a workout session with her personal trainer, and was admitted to the hospital. Doctors placed a stent in her heart.

When it comes to her immediate family health history, her mother, Cecilia Bader, died of cancer at the age of 47, when Ruth was only 17.

Her father, Nathan Bader, died at the age of 71. She also had an older sister, Marilyn, who died of meningitis at the age of 6.

Her husband Martin Ginsburg died in 2010 at the age of 78, after battling cancer.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/04/ruth-bader-ginsburg-health-age-net-worth/
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 12:07:42 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2017, 12:48:33 am »
   She has had the big 'C' twice, I'll find the article. @Weird Tolkienish Figure

Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Health: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Published 12:00 am EDT, April 1, 2017  Updated 7:41 pm EDT, April 1, 2017

2. She’s Had Cancer Twice, Plus Heart Problems

In 1999, Ginsburg was diagnosed with colon cancer. She successfully underwent surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation to treat it.

But during a routine scan in 2009 at the National Institutes for Health, doctors discovered a small cancerous tumor in her pancreas. Although at the time the diagnosis seemed grim, she successfully recovered.

Neither bout of cancer caused her to miss any significant time on the bench.

Later on in 2009, while undergoing outpatient treatment for iron deficiency, she spent a night in the hospital after feeling lightheaded.

Most recently, on Nov. 26, 2014, she felt discomfort after a workout session with her personal trainer, and was admitted to the hospital. Doctors placed a stent in her heart.

When it comes to her immediate family health history, her mother, Cecilia Bader, died of cancer at the age of 47, when Ruth was only 17.

Her father, Nathan Bader, died at the age of 71. She also had an older sister, Marilyn, who died of meningitis at the age of 6.

Her husband Martin Ginsburg died in 2010 at the age of 78, after battling cancer.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/04/ruth-bader-ginsburg-health-age-net-worth/

Actually all in all, she's one OLD tough bird!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2017, 02:32:10 am »
I've believed for years now that Ginsburg would not permit obama to choose her successor because he was a muslim. Perhaps she believed that he might attempt to nominate the first -muslim- justice.

So, she held out, hoping that he'd be succeeded by another democrat.

But now, at 86, there's no purpose served by waiting any longer. Whether or not she wanted Hillary to appoint her replacement, can't say.

But is she really thinking she can hold out 4 more years, perhaps past age 90, for the possibility of a democratic replacement for Trump?

Then again, perhaps she views her position as does a Pope -- to be occupied until death (Benedict notwithstanding).

There's really no rational reason for her to hold out any longer.
She will retire at the close of the current session, or stay until she dies.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2017, 02:44:42 am »
I've believed for years now that Ginsburg would not permit obama to choose her successor because he was a muslim. Perhaps she believed that he might attempt to nominate the first -muslim- justice.

So, she held out, hoping that he'd be succeeded by another democrat.

But now, at 86, there's no purpose served by waiting any longer. Whether or not she wanted Hillary to appoint her replacement, can't say.

But is she really thinking she can hold out 4 more years, perhaps past age 90, for the possibility of a democratic replacement for Trump?

Then again, perhaps she views her position as does a Pope -- to be occupied until death (Benedict notwithstanding).

There's really no rational reason for her to hold out any longer.
She will retire at the close of the current session, or stay until she dies.

There is always the "Scalia Sanction".
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2017, 02:47:49 am »

I'm still wondering why Ginsburg didn't retire while Obama was president... but she obviously thought Hillary would be next.

She's like 89 and ill and always looks like she can hardly stay awake...It can't be the money.

I wonder how many senators we have who are over 80... It doesn't exactly look like Sesame Street up there.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2017, 02:49:10 am »
Thinking Ginsbeg will retire during a Trump administration is pure fantasy... :whistle: