Author Topic: Putin tells the world - 'Attacking Syria again? You'll need to get through me'  (Read 1785 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Full title: Putin tells the world - 'Attacking Syria again? You'll need to get through me': Russian battleship is positioned between US warships and runway hit by Trump's air strike as Vladimir makes his move

Vladimir Putin has today diverted a warship to protect the Syrian coast and vowed to bolster Bashar al-Assad's missile defences against further US strikes as fears grew the crisis could topple into war between Russia and the West.

The Russian President has immediately sent his Admiral Grigorovich frigate - armed with cruise missiles and a self-defence system - from the Black Sea to dock in Syria later.

It will pass through the east Mediterranean waters where the USS Ross and USS Porter fired the 59 Tomahawk missiles that pounded Assad's al-Shayrat military airfield near Homs in the early hours of Friday.

Putin today called it an 'illegal act of aggression' and also ripped up an agreement to avoid mid-air clashes between Russian and US fighter jets over Syria.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4388834/America-launches-airstrikes-Syria.html#ixzz4da2aXekr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Putty Poot is so cute when he tries to show off.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Frigates are not battleships.  *****rollingeyes*****
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
The bluster of a man who has been humiliated and he knows it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Putin sounds like Obama and the *don't cross this red line* comment....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
There are some desperately foolish people in this thread if they really think Putin is this easily intimidated.

Usual Chairborne Ranger fare.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There are some desperately foolish people in this thread if they really think Putin is this easily intimidated.

One doesn't need to be an Armchair General to wonder if Putin thinks Syria is worth going to war over.  Or wonder if Trump thinks so either.

During the last administration, I was against any military intervention of almost any kind because I didn't trust the CiC in the slightest.  I'm only marginally different now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Right_in_Virginia

Are you referring to the Putin who watched his Ambassador assassinated in Turkey on live TV and did nothing?  That Putin?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
One doesn't need to be an Armchair General to wonder if Putin thinks Syria is worth going to war over.  Or wonder if Trump thinks so either.

During the last administration, I was against any military intervention of almost any kind because I didn't trust the CiC in the slightest.  I'm only marginally different now.

I agree, @Cyber Liberty.   Let's hope Trump convinces us that we were wrong to worry.

Offline montanajoe

I hope Trump is prepared to backup his actions going forward. If Trump is bluffing then the US is going to get run out of Syria with its tail between its legs..

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I agree, @Cyber Liberty.   Let's hope Trump convinces us that we were wrong to worry.

Curious...Who is "we" and "us"?
Are you royalty?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Are you royalty?

Seriously, that's all you've got? 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

One Chairborne Ranger, calling others names.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Are you royalty?

Technically, since Sanguine was replying to me, and we both indicated a certain reluctance to accept Trump's word on anything, "us" and "we" are totally appropriate in this context.  You, on the other hand, just came across as rather pedantic.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 06:21:57 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Actually, it's not. I have a lot which I own with first person pronouns. For example...MY opinion; not our opinion.

And I refrain from creating these "they" and "them" amalgamations to disparage.

Try it. Merely my observations and a suggestion.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Perhaps @Sanguine  and I were wrong to discuss this on a thread with somebody so particular with his pronouns lurking, no?
I will NOT comply.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Black licorice is a disgusting candy.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Black licorice is a disgusting candy.

It looks disgusting, Anice nice, too.  {groan}
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Actually, it's not. I have a lot which I own with first person pronouns. For example...MY opinion; not our opinion.

And I refrain from creating these "they" and "them" amalgamations to disparage.

Try it. Merely my observations and a suggestion.

OK, @don-o, just for you:  "I (as in "me", not "me and somebody else") agree, @Cyber Liberty (as in "with YOU" which makes TWO).   Let's hope Trump convinces us that we (as in Cyber and me) were wrong to worry.

Does that help?  (If not, don't let me know, I'm done with this.)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Technically, since Sanguine was replying to me, and we both indicated a certain reluctance to accept Trump's word on anything, "us" and "we" are totally appropriate in this context.  You, on the other hand, just came across as rather pedantic.

That is a fair observation. I am properly chastened in this specific instance.

However, some posts do indulge in broad brushes and generic group shaming; a variety of class warfare. And we don't want that, do we?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

However, some posts do indulge in broad brushes and generic group shaming; a variety of class warfare. And we don't want that, do we?

Oh, don, don, don.  That was almost an apology, and I almost accepted.  But, then you follow it by a broad brush warning to not broad brush.  Not quite sure how to take that.    :shrug: 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You are correct about that, and I am on my guard whenever I try to talk about my opinions as part of a larger crowd.  I try to make it clear I'm only referring to myself.

(I had another post up, but it came across as rather snotty of me so I pulled it.)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 06:50:24 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

Putin sounds like Obama and the *don't cross this red line* comment....
@mystery-ak

It is a mistake to think that.

Offline Victoria33

You are correct.  He has already torn up the agreement between us that if his aircraft is in the air over Syria and our aircraft is over Syria, neither will attack the other.  He.tore.that.up. today.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You are correct.  He has already torn up the agreement between us that if his aircraft is in the air over Syria and our aircraft is over Syria, neither will attack the other.  He.tore.that.up. today.

I guess it may have just gotten interesting as to just who shoots down whom, no?  Putin's going to be unhappy if it turns out it's the Russian pilot who gets the short end of that stick.  It's likely to be a Russian land-based pilot against one of our Navy pilots.
I will NOT comply.