Author Topic: Trump removes Bannon from National Security Council: report  (Read 943 times)

Offline corbe

Trump removes Bannon from National Security Council: report
« on: April 05, 2017, 03:45:50 pm »
Trump removes Bannon from National Security Council: report

By Jordan Fabian - 04/05/17 11:40 AM EDT 

President Trump has removed chief White House strategist Steve Bannon from his role on the National Security Council (NSC), Bloomberg reported Wednesday.

Bannon in January was elevated to a position on the NSC principals committee, in a shakeup of the council. The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and director of national intelligence had their roles downgraded in the move.

The Joint Chiefs chairman and intelligence director are having their roles on the principals committee restored, the report said.
DEVELOPING

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/327403-trump-removes-bannon-from-national-security-council-report

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Trump removes Bannon from National Security Council: report
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 03:48:17 pm »
 :0012: :0012: :0012: :0012: :0012: :0012: :0012: :0012: :0012: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :lotsosmileys: :lotsosmileys: :lotsosmileys: :lotsosmileys: :lotsosmileys: :lotsosmileys: :lotsosmileys: :lotsosmileys: :lotsosmileys: :lotsosmileys: 88finger point 88finger point 88finger point 88finger point 88finger point 88finger point 88finger point 88finger point 88finger point 88finger point 88finger point 88finger point :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 03:50:41 pm »
No doubt, this has everything to do with North Korea's latest activities, and perhaps, even the recent chemical attack in Syria.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 04:01:34 pm »
Decision made by new national security adviser McMaster

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 04:07:24 pm »
Good.. He had no business being on the NSC in the first place.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 04:20:11 pm »
Who cares. Can anyone show me where this will effect the administrations policies one way or the other?

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 04:23:22 pm »
I wonder if Breitbart will go after Trump now.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

geronl

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 06:33:35 pm »
Good.. He had no business being on the NSC in the first place.

Very true

geronl

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 06:34:10 pm »
I wonder if Breitbart will go after Trump now.

I think Bannon has called Breitbart 'fake news' at least once recently

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 06:38:57 pm »
Most astounding about it is the fact that they made Flynn the national security advisor when they didn't trust him.

A White House official portrayed the change as a natural progression rather than a demotion for Bannon. The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, contended that Bannon was placed on the committee in part to monitor Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, and never attended a meeting. He’s no longer needed with McMaster in charge of the council, the official said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-05/bannon-removed-from-national-security-council-role-in-shakeup

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 07:11:34 pm »
Who cares. Can anyone show me where this will effect the administrations policies one way or the other?

I think the Administration will continue to have little effect with its policies.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2017, 07:17:41 pm »
I think the Administration will continue to have little effect with its policies.
I see what you did there :whistle:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 07:18:23 pm »

:silly:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 07:26:54 pm »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn