Author Topic: Cruz Continues to Get Things Done  (Read 2641 times)

Offline corbe

Cruz Continues to Get Things Done
« on: April 04, 2017, 03:30:53 pm »

By Clayton Felts  |  April 4, 2017, 10:11am  |  @claytonfelts

Ted Cruz continues to be on a roll, as President Donald Trump signed a bill sponsored by the U.S. Senator from Texas into law Friday. This is the second bill by the conservative senator in as many weeks that President Trump has signed into law.

Previously, President Trump signed a bill authorizing $19.5 billion in funding for NASA in which Cruz also sponsored.

According to Dallasnews.com,

President Donald Trump on Friday signed legislation backed by two Texas Republicans that will allow states to expand the pool of applicants for unemployment benefits who can be drug tested.

The bill, sponsored by Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas and Rep. Kevin Brady of The Woodlands, nullifies a Labor Department rule that went into effect in September limiting drug tests to applicants who had a job that does regular drug screenings.

“Under the previous administration, the Department of Labor undermined the ability of states to conduct drug testing in their programs as permitted by Congress,” Cruz said in a written statement. “This rule was yet another example of executive overreach by the Obama administration, and I commend President Trump for signing this resolution into law.”

Many on the left and in the media continue to label Cruz as an obstructionist. What they still do not get is that Cruz is not an obstructionist, but one of the few principled lawmakers that actually believe in a smaller, more accountable government. As Cruz’s wife Heidi said during the 2016 election, “politics to Ted is about getting things done for others.” This is just another example of that.

http://theresurgent.com/cruz-continues-to-get-things-done/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Cruz Continues to Get Things Done
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 03:34:45 pm »

By Clayton Felts  |  April 4, 2017, 10:11am  |  @claytonfelts

Ted Cruz continues to be on a roll, as President Donald Trump signed a bill sponsored by the U.S. Senator from Texas into law Friday. This is the second bill by the conservative senator in as many weeks that President Trump has signed into law.

Previously, President Trump signed a bill authorizing $19.5 billion in funding for NASA in which Cruz also sponsored.

According to Dallasnews.com,

President Donald Trump on Friday signed legislation backed by two Texas Republicans that will allow states to expand the pool of applicants for unemployment benefits who can be drug tested.

The bill, sponsored by Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas and Rep. Kevin Brady of The Woodlands, nullifies a Labor Department rule that went into effect in September limiting drug tests to applicants who had a job that does regular drug screenings.

Many on the left and in the media continue to label Cruz as an obstructionist. What they still do not get is that Cruz is not an obstructionist, but one of the few principled lawmakers that actually believe in a smaller, more accountable government. As Cruz’s wife Heidi said during the 2016 election, “politics to Ted is about getting things done for others.” This is just another example of that.

http://theresurgent.com/cruz-continues-to-get-things-done/

Must be something to that meatloaf at the White House... :beer:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 03:37:12 pm »
   Hey, @Night Hides Not your guys fought hard last night, even the polock, I was rooting for yall, in spite of the loss it WAS a great game!

threadjack over
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 03:40:51 pm »
Go Ted Cruz!!!!
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 03:43:37 pm »
Many people said it might be best to keep Cruz in the Senate, at least for the time being. That may prove true.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 03:45:20 pm »
Many people said it might be best to keep Cruz in the Senate, at least for the time being. That may prove true.

Elated to see Pence, Trump and Cruz working to make government smaller again.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 03:47:42 pm »
Go Ted Cruz!!!!

That's Lyin' Ted to you.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 03:52:44 pm »
That's Lyin' Ted to you.

Lion Ted, of the Senate!!!

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 03:54:43 pm »
Lion Ted, of the Senate!!!

You can't hide your lion eyes and your smile is a thin disguise.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 04:03:53 pm »
  you guys are right again, as always, so many similarities, First Name, Both ran for President and got beat by a idiot, I think Cruz drove an Oldsmobile in college and was a great swimmer too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 04:04:37 pm »
Oh, Eric Erickson, the rejectee troublemaker from a year ago, keeps up his cheerleading for Ted, isn't that touching.

Here is a real leader, Ya'll should know. Not even sure if Ted will remain Senator of the Republica of Tejas.  Someone who put it all on the line, not like unlimited green cards and H1B1 visas Cruz.

:patriot:

Rand Paul is even above the pecking order in the Senate above. But Erickson has to keep up his man-crush, so have at it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 04:06:39 pm by TomSea »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 04:10:12 pm »
Oh, Eric Erickson, the rejectee troublemaker from a year ago, keeps up his cheerleading for Ted, isn't that touching.

Here is a real leader, Ya'll should know. Not even sure if Ted will remain Senator of the Republica of Tejas.  Someone who put it all on the line, not like unlimited green cards and H1B1 visas Cruz.

Rand Paul is even above the pecking order in the Senate above. But Erickson has to keep up his man-crush, so have at it.

Using your misguided logic, your Orange Trump should not be POTUS. He never served in the military, either.

Keep your man-crush going, Thomas.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2017, 04:13:17 pm »
We could let bygones be bygones. Go Cruz, Go Trump (reluctantly, but I'm coming around),
And to the men and women who keep us safe.  :patriot: :beer:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 04:16:24 pm »
Ted Cruz was a virtual unknown to the majority of Americans at the start of the primary campaign.

Sad that name recognition is such a factor but Trump was a household name and that seemed to help him a lot.

There's not a doubt in my mind that Cruz would have been nominated if people knew then what they know now.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2017, 04:16:35 pm »

Excellent news.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 04:17:21 pm »

Rand Paul?  Where is Paul referred to in this story?

And, what do you mean by this: "not like unlimited green cards and H1B1 visas Cruz."?   When did that happen?

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 04:17:57 pm »
Ted Cruz was a virtual unknown to the majority of Americans at the start of the primary campaign.

Sad that name recognition is such a factor but Trump was a household name and that seemed to help him a lot.

There's not a doubt in my mind that Cruz would have been nominated if people knew then what they know now.

Get ready for more billionaires to indulge their presidential fantasies in 2020: Mark Cuban, Oprah, and I'm sure there are more to come.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 04:19:29 pm »
Get ready for more billionaires to indulge their presidential fantasies in 2020: Mark Cuban, Oprah, and I'm sure there are more to come.
I think Oprah would be unstoppable. She's already convinced folks that she is a God or something like that.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 04:20:38 pm »
I think Oprah would be unstoppable. She's already convinced folks that she is a God or something like that.

And she loves giving away free stuff, too.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2017, 04:25:17 pm »
  you guys are right again, as always, so many similarities, First Name, Both ran for President and got beat by a idiot, I think Cruz drove an Oldsmobile in college and was a great swimmer too.

If you can name the model Oldsmobile without looking it up you win nothing.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2017, 04:27:25 pm »

Naw.  I think she would do better than Mrs. Clinton, but then who wouldn't?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2017, 04:27:59 pm »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2017, 04:33:10 pm »
We could let bygones be bygones. Go Cruz, Go Trump (reluctantly, but I'm coming around),
And to the men and women who keep us safe.  :patriot: :beer:

Amen.  The legislation and policies are starting to move.

Offline corbe

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2017, 06:33:41 pm »

@Frank Cannon

My guess was wrong, I heard of the 88 (not my original guess) but never the Delmont 88.

Kennedy's 1967 4 door Oldsmobile Delmont 88

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2017, 06:44:59 pm »

That's not completely crazy.  The dems are so desperate, they'd probably clutch at Oprah and I totally see Mark Cuban as having an ego almost as big as Trump's.  On the other hand, Mark owns my favorite basketball team so, of course, he gets my vote.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.