Author Topic: Pence presents new healthcare offer to Freedom Caucus  (Read 11493 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Pence presents new healthcare offer to Freedom Caucus
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2017, 06:48:04 pm »
The majority of our GOP politicians campaigned on the PROMISE of REPEAL.  Anything less than that is unacceptable.  Those in here have implied that in doing so will harm millions. What a crock of b.s.  The damage done by the ACA has already been felt by millions; repealing a terrible bill that is destined to destroy our economy will benefit millions AND give them affordable insurance. As explained; just like any other insurance, there will be a transition period.  It's not rocket science.  Paul and Cruz both have great plans, put them together and we will have the best of both.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2017, 07:12:41 pm »
The majority of our GOP politicians campaigned on the PROMISE of REPEAL.  Anything less than that is unacceptable.  Those in here have implied that in doing so will harm millions. What a crock of b.s.  The damage done by the ACA has already been felt by millions; repealing a terrible bill that is destined to destroy our economy will benefit millions AND give them affordable insurance. As explained; just like any other insurance, there will be a transition period.  It's not rocket science.  Paul and Cruz both have great plans, put them together and we will have the best of both.

Then work to defeat your GOP representative.  Cut off your nose to spite your face.  I think that a refusal to accept reality is madness,  but be my guest.  If self-righteousness helps you feel better about the ACA,  then think of yourself first.  Me,  I want my reps to work to fix the ACA,  get rid of the mandates and restore affordable choices to the marketplace while preserving a framework for guaranteed issue.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2017, 07:15:45 pm »
That mentality is exactly the mindset that got us into the mess the country is in today.

Electing Barack Obama got us into the mess we are in today.  And he was probably elected because of people like you.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2017, 07:16:55 pm »
The majority of our GOP politicians campaigned on the PROMISE of REPEAL.

The majority sure did.  But the minority who did not are enough to sink a complete repeal.  So, we gotta offer them something to get them off the schneid.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2017, 07:21:13 pm »
That mentality is exactly the mindset that got us into the mess the country is in today.

No. 

What got us in the problem we're in today was the left recognizing that "half a loaf" to the left is better than no loaf to the left.  What can get us out of that problem is realizing that half a loaf to the right is better than no loaf to the right.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2017, 07:21:16 pm »
The majority sure did.  But the minority who did not are enough to sink a complete repeal.  So, we gotta offer them something to get them off the schneid.

The very same people you say would sink a complete repeal voted in favor of it two years ago.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2017, 07:23:29 pm »
No. 

What got us in the problem we're in today was the left recognizing that "half a loaf" to the left is better than no loaf to the left.  What can get us out of that problem is realizing that half a loaf to the right is better than no loaf to the right.

Yes.  Half measures and not standing our ground...compromising with Liberals and take the biggest part of a crap sandwich has us in the mess we're in.

This spineless mealy mouthed "half a loaf" is full failure when it comes to undoing radical Liberal policies.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

geronl

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2017, 07:30:43 pm »
Then work to oust the GOP representative in your district and replace him/her with a Dem.

It's your side that is threatening to primary conservatives and likely electing Democrats.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2017, 07:31:40 pm »
The very same people you say would sink a complete repeal voted in favor of it two years ago.

And those very same people promised to replace it with something that protected some of those elements, didn't they?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2017, 07:33:16 pm »
It's your side that is threatening to primary conservatives and likely electing Democrats.

I, for one, am applauding his finally having the guts to speak the truth about his ambitions.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

geronl

« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2017, 07:33:41 pm »

Yes, the people we can trust are the ones who have lied their faces off for years promising to repeal ACA.  :nometalk:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2017, 07:35:22 pm »
Yes.  Half measures and not standing our ground...compromising with Liberals and take the biggest part of a crap sandwich has us in the mess we're in.

This spineless mealy mouthed "half a loaf" is full failure when it comes to undoing radical Liberal policies.

"Standing our ground" means the ACA is preserved.   That's madness.   I'll take incremental progress to blunt the worst features of the ACA while preserving what's popular and valuable.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2017, 07:37:54 pm »
I, for one, am applauding his finally having the guts to speak the truth about his ambitions.

Your sarcasm detector must be broken.   What I favor can preserve GOP majorities in Congress.   Being known as the party that can't govern even when it holds the Congress and the Presidency is a black mark that will sweep the GOP from power in 2018 - and deservedly so. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2017, 07:40:19 pm »
Your sarcasm detector must be broken.   What I favor can preserve GOP majorities in Congress.   Being known as the party that can't govern even when it holds the Congress and the Presidency is a black mark that will sweep the GOP from power in 2018 - and deservedly so.
And you have no problem with that. Good to know.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2017, 07:44:53 pm »

Indeed, it must be broken.  Might be because I have a meeting in 15 minutes, and those suck the funny right out of me.   **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline r9etb

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2017, 07:50:11 pm »
It's NOT the moderates that need to be appeased, nor is the idea of partial repeal acceptable!

Wrong on both assertions. 

1.  Just like the last one, any such bill will have to walk the tightrope between the moderates and the conservatives, because both groups will need to vote YES in order to pass something.

2.  The previous bill failed in part because it was too close to full repeal to be acceptable to the more moderate members. 

I honestly don't see why you and others continue to shout about this -- full repeal is simply not going to happen.  It's not.  The votes are not there, and will never BE there.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2017, 07:50:38 pm »
Electing Barack Obama got us into the mess we are in today.  And he was probably elected because of people like you.

Just a guess here but.... speaking of Obama, I voted for John McCain, a man I didn't like at all.

I also voted for Mitt Romney, not perfect either.

I would venture a guess that you did not vote for either man because they were not to your liking.

Am I right.

geronl

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2017, 07:54:33 pm »
Your sarcasm detector must be broken.   What I favor can preserve GOP majorities in Congress.   

By having a President campaign against his own party in 2018?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2017, 07:54:38 pm »

I don't understand this talk about being "spineless" and "mealy-mouthed".  To whom are you referring?  The moderates of the Tuesday Group are insisting on what they promised their constituents, and the HFC is doing the same.  The problem is that their constituencies, and the promises they made, are not the same.  And as for now, they're both sticking to their guns.

So who is being "mealy-mouthed"?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 07:56:40 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

geronl

« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2017, 07:56:45 pm »

1.  Just like the last one, any such bill will have to walk the tightrope between the moderates and the conservatives, because both groups will need to vote YES in order to pass something.

2.  The previous bill failed in part because it was too close to full repeal to be acceptable to the more moderate members. 

It was not anywhere near a full repeal and thanks for admitting that "phase 2 and phase 3" were lies.

If Trump was a real man he would be threatening to run primary opponents against the moderates who campaigned on ACA repeal and then turned against the voters.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2017, 07:57:48 pm »
No. 

What got us into this problem was giving the left half of our loaf anyway.
Now they want more. (Shocking!).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2017, 07:58:10 pm »
I don't understand this talk about being "spineless" and "mealy-mouthed".  To whom are you referring?  The moderates of the Tuesday Group are insisting on what they promised their constituents, and the HFC is doing the same.  The problem is that their constituencies, and the promises they made, are not the same.  And as for now, they're both sticking to their guns.

So who is being "mealy-mouthed"?

@txradioguy   You sneer at half a load and brag about achieving 'none.'  What's so great about that except fueling your ego.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2017, 07:59:24 pm »
@txradioguy   You sneer at half a load and brag about achieving 'none.'  What's so great about that except fueling your ego.
Half a load? Most honest description I've heard all day.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2017, 08:00:50 pm »
"Standing our ground" means the ACA is preserved.   That's madness.   I'll take incremental progress to blunt the worst features of the ACA while preserving what's popular and valuable.

So you side with those who lied to our face for years. You side with those who tell lies in order to pass a POS bill ("phase 2&3 would never happen). Then they blame conservatives when the moderates were the real reason it failed.

These liars had no intention of repealing ACA. They are miserable, horrible, untrustworthy establishment pieces of excrement no better than toe jam.

So of course, in your opinion, we should back them to the hilt!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2017, 08:01:09 pm »

I honestly don't see why you and others continue to shout about this -- full repeal is simply not going to happen.  It's not.  The votes are not there, and will never BE there.

Ah, but that's where you're wrong.  If you just say "They Must Vote For Full Repeal" three times while standing on one leg, then click your heels together, it will magically happen!