Author Topic: Calif. Dem steals famous Texas slogan to prove she means business; gets laughed out of Dodge instead  (Read 1218 times)

rangerrebew

Calif. Dem steals famous Texas slogan to prove she means business; gets laughed out of Dodge instead
March 30, 2017 | Frieda Powers | Print Article   

Sen. Kamala Harris raised a rallying cry for her big, bad state of California but the effort resulted in collective social media laughter.

“No, you don’t want to mess with California. Retweet if you agree,” the Democrat tweeted Tuesday, linking to an interview of Gov. Jerry Brown with Chuck Todd on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/03/30/calif-dem-steals-famous-texas-slogan-prove-means-business-gets-laughed-dodge-instead-465580
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 02:42:41 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline anubias

That woman doesn't have a single brain cell in her head.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Oh brother. There are good reasons not to mess with Texas.

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Suppressed

It's funny that the slogan was came about as an anti-littering thing in the mid-80s.  I find that many people think it has a long history.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

California is open and tolerant, their slogan should be "Please mess with California, we enjoy it!"

geronl

It's funny that the slogan was came about as an anti-littering thing in the mid-80s.  I find that many people think it has a long history.

I remember the ad campaign

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Wait, what?

I never knew that.  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
anubias wrote:
"That woman doesn't have a single brain cell in her head."

I'd consider her to be one of the front-runners for the democratic presidential nomination in 2020.

And if she makes it, she'll walk from the convention with 45% of the [popular] vote, right off the bat...

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Yes, I remember that it came out because of an anti-littering campaign.... BUT it has evolved from there into a general caution ... like the don't tug on Superman's cape thing.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Yes, I remember that it came out because of an anti-littering campaign.... BUT it has evolved from there into a general caution ... like the don't tug on Superman's cape thing.
But it didn't make the song.  :tongue2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4qUXcXuMSE
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Kamala Harris.

From San Francisco C&C (District) Attorney, to State Attorney General, to Babs Boxer's replacement in the Senate.

And what is it that boils up to the top of the pot and glazes itself on the sides at the water line?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline flowers

That woman doesn't have a single brain cell in her head.
maybe not, but she was obamas gal. he hand picked her to be in senate. the masses will love her in cali.

Offline rodamala

Back in high school in the mid-80s, we had a guy from Texas move to our sending district (and quickly became our 1st string quarterback) and he often wore an anti-littering campaign tee shirt with the "Don't Mess With Texas" slogan.