Author Topic: Oops! CNN accidentally confirms story that Brit intel passed along Trump communications to Obama admin  (Read 625 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: AMERICAN THINKER

URL: [/url]http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/03/oops_cnn_accidentally_confirms_story_that_brit_intell_passed_along_trump_communications_to_obama_admin.html[/url]

by Thomas Lifson

Lawyers are trained never to ask a question of a witness if they don’t already know the answer. But it is quite different in journalism – at least in principle, if the principle is getting at the truth. But alas, in these days of fake news and fanatical dead-ender opposition to President Trump, those MSM TV networks committed to driving Trump from office might want to consider retraining for their talking heads. Make them more like lawyers and avoid embarrassnents like that suffered by CNN’s Brian Stelter.

Courtesy of Grabien, here is a disastrous interview in which the guest, Larry Johnson, confirmed the story that Judge Andrew Napolitano told on-air about British intelligence passing along surveillance data involving the Trump administration.

Here is the rush transcript:

STELTER: “Let me ask you about this thing.”

JOHNSON: “Sure.”

STELTER: “So my sense is that on Monday, Napolitano says this on TV, he says he has Intel sources who believe this is true. You’re saying you were one of those sources, but you didn’t know Napolitano was going to use you like that?”

JOHNSON: “What happened was I communicated, when Donald Trump tweeted what he did Saturday two weeks ago, the next day I was interviewed on Russia today. I had known about the fact that the British, through ghcq were information back channel, this was not at the behest of Barack Obama, let’s be clear about that. But it was done with the full knowledge of people like John Brennan and Jake clapper. Two people I flow within the intelligence community in January, they were very concerned about this because they saw it as an unfair meddling in the politics, but it was a way to get around the issue of American intelligence agencies not collecting.”

STELTER: “To be clear, you have this secondhand? So you didn’t get this information directly, you’re hearing from others.

JOHNSON: “I’m hearing it from people who are in a position to know, that’s correct.”
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 01:55:23 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The headline is a tad hyperbolic.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sounds like it's time to put Brennan and Clapper on the hotseat.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Suppressed

. . . this was not at the behest of Barack Obama, let’s be clear about that.

So little Donnie made up some fake news?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
To say the least.

Its why I've tuned out virtually ALL media both left and right.

Almost none of them are reliable at this point.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

I'm realizing that 90% of the news of what happens in DC is based on "sources" which is meaningless. Show me real physical evidence of such and such happening.

Offline libertybele

I have as well.  Interesting ... it was Beck that stated several years ago that the media would become unreliable and incompetent.  That is why he started the Blaze.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

I'm realizing that 90% of the news of what happens in DC is based on "sources" which is meaningless. Show me real physical evidence of such and such happening.

Yeah I know the feeling.

I saw a story posted here the other day about laid off GM employees being called back to work. The writer confidently stated that it "Almost never happens". In reality its how the UAW works. Workers will get laid off when a plant closes and will be offered first shot at jobs when a new plant opens before the general public ever hears about it. I know of people who went to prison and got immediately rehired because they kept union dues paid up. Naturally the worshipers praised mighty Orange for something that had nothing to do with him.

The point being that people believe the falsehoods that confirm what they want to be true. Even if 100% of the people believe a lie its still a lie.

Offline Cripplecreek

I have as well.  Interesting ... it was Beck that stated several years ago that the media would become unreliable and incompetent.  That is why he started the Blaze.

And you'll notice that Glenn Beck is the only one who walked away from the east coast core of media elitism and went to Texas. To top that off he spends a lot of time around regular folks.

I may not always agree with Beck but I never doubt that he truly believes what he says. I feel that I owe him for hammering home the need for us to do our own research.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sounds like it's time to put Brennan and Clapper on the hotseat.

There's no point to that if you're looking for the truth.  Both of those gentlemen lie like rugs.  Clapper has admitted to it before Congress, and Brennan even lies about his conversion to Islam.  All putting them in a hot seat would do would be to give Dems more bogus talking points.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Suppressed

And you'll notice that Glenn Beck is the only one who walked away from the east coast core of media elitism and went to Texas. To top that off he spends a lot of time around regular folks.

I may not always agree with Beck but I never doubt that he truly believes what he says. I feel that I owe him for hammering home the need for us to do our own research.

Exactly right.  Whether one agrees 100% with him or not, he's put his money where his mouth is, and is trying to provide an alternative. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn