Author Topic: Anti-Trump billboard along Phoenix road stirs controversy  (Read 637 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Anti-Trump billboard along Phoenix road stirs controversy
« on: March 19, 2017, 05:00:40 pm »
PHOENIX (KSAZ) - A billboard with an anti-Donald Trump message is stirring controversy in Phoenix.

The billboard stands on the 1000 block of Grand Avenue, and is reportedly the work of a female artist named Karen Fiorito.

"I got the opportunity to have a platform to say something, and I took that opportunity, and I take full responsibility for it," said Fiorito. She said the Limited Liability Corporation, an organization in Phoenix that supports the arts, gave her a platform to make a statement about Trump.

The billboard contains a picture of Donald Trump, with mushroom clouds in the background, and dollar signs that bear some resemblance to the swastika on each side. On the other side of the same billboard, however, is a billboard containing sign language that reads "unity".

According to the artist, there is a lot to the billboard, and people can interpret it how they want. On Friday, people expressed mixed emotions about it, in the area where the billboard was put up.

More at http://www.fox26houston.com/news/242484798-story
-------------------------------------
(I think the Bozo mushroom cloud is funny....)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Anti-Trump billboard along Phoenix road stirs controversy
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:54:02 pm »
Sickening.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 06:05:05 pm »
Anti-Trump billboard artist receives death threats

Let me guess - from the same twats that whine about freeze peach if someone gets upset at them.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 06:22:05 pm »
Let me guess - from the same twats that whine about freeze peach if someone gets upset at them.

000hehehehe

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 11:04:52 pm »
Wow.  I find that billboard extremely upsetting.  Whether you like him or not, he is our President.  The way that he has been treated so far has been absolutely shameful.  Karen needs her hands slapped at the least.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 12:00:29 am »
Wow.  I find that billboard extremely upsetting.  Whether you like him or not, he is our President.  The way that he has been treated so far has been absolutely shameful.  Karen needs her hands slapped at the least.

I posted the pic because I found the choice of mushroom clouds hysterical.  This Atomic Kitten loved that part.  The rest is standard fare boilerplate, to be expected every time a Republican occupies the White Hut.  Get used to it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: