Author Topic: Grover Norquist: Here's what happened this week that guaranteed Trump's re-election and Republican gains in 2018 and 2020  (Read 435 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Grover Norquist: Here's what happened this week that guaranteed Trump's re-election and Republican gains in 2018 and 2020
By Grover Norquist, contributor • 3/18/17 2:15 PM

Remember the date of March 13, 2017. It was the day President Trump was guaranteed his re-election and Republican congressional gains in 2018 and 2020.

It's not complicated. Follow along.

The Congressional Budget Office released its study of Trump and Paul Ryan's plan to repeal Obamacare and begin to reform our healthcare system. It had many numbers. Only two mattered: taxes and spending.

CBO announced that the repeal bill reduces taxes by almost $900 billion and reduces federal spending by $1.2 trillion over the next decade. This reduces deficit spending by $300 billion over the next 10 years. Thus the CBO, as official umpire, announced that the GOP Obamacare repeal plan may be enacted through "reconciliation," the process that requires a simple majority in the House and only 51 votes in the Senate. No filibuster allowed.

Continued: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/norquist-this-week-guaranteed-trumps-re-election-gop-gains-in-2018-and-2020/article/2617794

000hehehehe

With so many dire predictions, why not balance it out with rosey outlooks. In both cases though, I think these people are blowing smoke.  There's a lot to go through to count your chickens before they are hatched. But that's just my opinion, maybe he's right.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Problem is the us is due for a recession.
Ol' One-Note seems to think growth can go on forever.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 09:52:32 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I trust no one named after a muppet.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink