Author Topic: Sleepless in Seattle, and other places: Trump-induced insomnia stalks blue-state America  (Read 774 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
https://www.yahoo.com/news/sleepless-in-seattle-and-other-places-trump-induced-insomnia-stalks-blue-state-america-050014746.html

Susan Rogers, a poet and attorney in California, is “hurtling through space with no direction” on a plane that, she discovers with horror, has no pilot.
[/size]Alicia Bowman, a journalist from East Penn, Pa., is racing frantically through a train that is heading the wrong way, flinging off her belongings so she can run faster, calling frantically for her son, who is transgender.[/size]
[/size]Rachelle Pachtman, who does canine rescue on New York’s Upper West Side, is searching fruitlessly through her refrigerator for something to serve Michelle and Barack Obama, who have just happened to drop by for lunch.[/color]
[/size]And Allison Graham, a Los Angeles publicist, is in a hotel suite near her old Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood in Manhattan, being interviewed by Donald Trump for a job as a supervisor on one of his big construction projects.[/color]
[/size]“But I don’t know anything about real estate; I have no qualifications or experience,” she tells him.[/color]
[/size]“Don’t worry, you’ll be great,” he says.[/color]
[/size]Then they all wake up.[/color]
[/size]Blue America is having trouble with sleep — tossing and turning as they lie awake, then falling into nightmares. And those who are suffering tend to blame the 45th president of the United States.[/color]

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
That the world is full of idiots is hardly a new observation.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Garbage like Trump never keeps me awake nights.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Did no one else notice that of all the leftists mentioned in this piece, only four were men?  By far the majority were neurotic women.  Frankly, I can't raise even the slightest concern for these disfunctional women's "there's a monster in my closet!" fantasies.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline libertybele

Did no one else notice that of all the leftists mentioned in this piece, only four were men?  By far the majority were neurotic women.  Frankly, I can't raise even the slightest concern for these disfunctional women's "there's a monster in my closet!" fantasies.

The whole commentary is ridiculous and luckily 'snowflakes' eventually melt!  :silly: :silly:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
The whole commentary is ridiculous and luckily 'snowflakes' eventually melt!  :silly: :silly:

Insomnia?

They spend all their waking hours asleep, so why not?

And my Viking Trilogy is free again this weekend at Amazon.
http://wulfanson.blogspot.com/2017/03/get-our-viking-trilogy-free-at-amazon.html
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:49:54 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

Alicia Bowman, a journalist from East Penn, Pa.,

PA is a Red state now. Secondly East Penn isn't a town. It's a township. Lastly I can find no mention of a Alicia Bowman in any of the local papers.