Author Topic: Meghan McCain slams a possible Chelsea Clinton run for office: 'What fresh hell am I living in?  (Read 986 times)

Offline libertybele

Meghan McCain slams a possible Chelsea Clinton run for office: 'What fresh hell am I living in?

Meghan McCain didn't mince words Thursday when expressing her disdain of a possible run for political office by fellow political offspring Chelsea Clinton.

"What fresh hell am I living in where I am going to have to sit through Chelsea Clinton running for office?" McCain said on Fox News' "Outnumbered," which she co-hosts. "What do I have to do to make a Clinton stop running for office?"

The daughter of Republican senator John McCain was addressing unconfirmed and unsubstantiated reports that the daughter of former President Bill Clinton and former senator and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was eyeing a run for Congress. Clinton has not said she plans to run for office.

McCain, 32, attempted to justify her harsh criticism of Clinton, 37, by claiming she receives preferential treatment by the press....

....She added, "I have never seen her give a legitimate interview where I thought I gained anything new about her or her family. She's been getting a free pass her entire career and entire life. So if she does end up running for some office one way or the other, are they going to treat her the same way or are they going to ask her real questions, like 'what is your platform?'"

Clinton has not publicly responded to McCain's comments.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/meghan-mccain-slams-possible-chelsea-clinton-run-office-065805457--abc-news-topstories.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hell must have frozen over.  I agree with Meghan McCain.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I know some people might say she's really no different from Chelsea in terms of piggybacking off her parents,, but that's actually not true.  McCain very likely wouldn't be where she is without her father, but at least she's put forth enough effort to carve out her own identity.  She says/does things (positive or negative) that get attention.  But with Chelsea Clinton...there's no "there" there at all.   She's a nothing.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
My thoughts exactly.
Weather report says it's 33 degrees and snowing.  :laugh:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/hell-mi/48169/current-weather/2211114
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Frank Cannon

This is the only hell Meghan would really feel.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline skeeter

Chelsea is less electable than her mom. I doubt she'd even be the sentimental favorite for an open congressional seat in NY.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, Miss McCain, your fresh Hell is the same old Hell I wake up to every day your pop is still the senior Senator of my state, and he hasn't kicked off yet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
Chelsea is less electable than her mom. I doubt she'd even be the sentimental favorite for an open congressional seat in NY.

Never underestimate the stupidity of New York liberals.

As to Meghan, what fresh hell is it for us that her father is still in the Senate.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Meghan McCain slams a possible Chelsea Clinton run for office: 'What fresh hell am I living in?"

No matter what one may think of Ms. McCain, she hit the ball out of the park with this quip!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
My thoughts, too. Wow.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Chelsea Clinton would be a nightmare in any political office. You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 10:17:57 am by libertybele »

rangerrebew

Clintons Considering Run For Political Office – ‘Clintons’ With an ‘S’

By Rusty | Featured Contributor | March 16, 2017 6:37AM

Anytime we see reports of a Clinton mulling a run at political office, it makes us shudder in fear. Well friends, buckle down, because we’ve got some bad news for you.

A pair of Clintons are considering a run at political office.

Former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton attended a meeting of political bigwigs and “made it clear she was honestly considering” a run for mayor of New York City.

Meanwhile, daughter Chelsea, who couldn’t even operate a pancake maker successfully, is looking to run for Kirsten Gillibrand’s senate seat should the Democrat Congresswoman run for president in 2020.

Yikes!

Read more: http://thepoliticalinsider.com/hillary-clinton-mayor-considering-run-political-office/#ixzz4bgELptk7

Offline Mod2

Merging related threads on Chelsea Clinton's political asspirations.