Author Topic: Rush says he trusts Trump to come up with the BEST healthcare, reassures he’s not a fanboy  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Well, then call me a fanboy, too.   I like Trump's approach to issues like healthcare and tax reform because it's more pragmatic than ideological.    Cruz's strict adherence to ideology and his scorched earth tactics are luxuries we cannot afford.   We're in charge now - the people expect results.   The AHCA jump-starts economic growth by getting rid of the job-killing mandates and holds the promise of better choices in the insurance marketplace,  as well as for tax-advantaged savings for medical bills.   It's not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well, then call me a fanboy, too.   I like Trump's approach to issues like healthcare and tax reform because it's more pragmatic than ideological.    Cruz's strict adherence to ideology and his scorched earth tactics are luxuries we cannot afford.   We're in charge now - the people expect results.   The AHCA jump-starts economic growth by getting rid of the job-killing mandates and holds the promise of better choices in the insurance marketplace,  as well as for tax-advantaged savings for medical bills.   It's not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.

Of course you like it...it's government funded...and in your mind...anything government funded or forced upon the people is a good thing.

Oh and before you jump too much to Rush's defense...before his golfing buddy Trump became President...he was against this kind of healthcare.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:12:18 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Of course you like it...it's government funded...and in your mind...anything government funded or forced upon the people is a good thing.

Oh and before you jump too much to Rush's defense...before his golfing buddy Trump became President...he was against this kind of healthcare.

We're in charge now.  Real people are affected by the decisions we make.   We need to be pragmatic.  Rush recognizes it, and so do I.   

Silver Pines

We're in charge now.  Real people are affected by the decisions we make.   We need to be pragmatic.  Rush recognizes it, and so do I.

@Jazzhead

Yay, we're in charge!  And we're getting the same crap sandwich Obama tried to force on us!  Wheeee, hurray for Republicans!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I'll bet money that Rush in one of the contacts on President Trump's cellphone.

...and that the number has been called more than once since the election.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@Jazzhead

Yay, we're in charge!  And we're getting the same crap sandwich Obama tried to force on us!  Wheeee, hurray for Republicans!

@CatherineofAragon

Only difference now is we're being told we should eat it because it's delicious.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead

The AHCA is far, far better than the ACA.   It puts a brake on a major entitlement program,  it gets rid of the job-killing mandates, it opens up the insurance marketplace to offer more flexible options, and it creates more and fairer opportunities for tax-advantaged savings for medical bills. 

What's now needed is unity among all Republicans at a moment where a real-life decision must be made.   Go with Reagan's philosophy - a bill that gets us most of what we want is worth supporting.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Only difference now is we're being told we should eat it because it's delicious.

@txradioguy

The people feeding us that line don't even believe it.

Offline Night Hides Not

What an idiotic comment.

You're on the wrong site with comments like that, jazz. That one's worthy of TOS, not TBR.

I'm fine with vehement disagreements, but your comment was strictly ad hominem.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline corbe

From his own website, fanboi indeed

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You're on the wrong site with comments like that, jazz. That one's worthy of TOS, not TBR.

I'm fine with vehement disagreements, but your comment was strictly ad hominem.

Txradioguy responds to just about anything I write with an ad hominem; e.g., 

If all he can do is spew insults,  why am I precluded from responding similarly?

(But I've deleted my post, regardless)   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Txradioguy responds to just about anything I write with an ad hominem; e.g., 
If all he can do is spew insults,  why am I precluded from responding similarly?

(But I've deleted my post, regardless)

How many times do you have to be shown...how many more paragraphs should myself or anyone else expend...explaining to you where you are Constitutionally wrong and not Conservative in the stances you take on issues like this?

How many more times should we be labeled intolerant or lazy or religious bigots by you for not agreeing that it's the Government's job to take care of us from Cradle to Grave...that abortion is wrong and shouldn't be forced on the states from D.C. that it's my right and anyone else's to own and carry a firearm and that gay "marriage" isn't a right?

You seem to be very good at doling out the insults when we're trying to debate you on these issues...but very thin skinned when we grow tired and just tell you you're wrong in not so many words.

Offline Night Hides Not

How many times do you have to be shown...how many more paragraphs should myself or anyone else expend...explaining to you where you are Constitutionally wrong and not Conservative in the stances you take on issues like this?

How many more times should we be labeled intolerant or lazy or religious bigots by you for not agreeing that it's the Government's job to take care of us from Cradle to Grave...that abortion is wrong and shouldn't be forced on the states from D.C. that it's my right and anyone else's to own and carry a firearm and that gay "marriage" isn't a right?

You seem to be very good at doling out the insults when we're trying to debate you on these issues...but very thin skinned when we grow tired and just tell you you're wrong in not so many words.

I blame Trump for lowering the standards of discourse. His supporters are following their Dear Leader by emulating his methods, which obviously worked in the short term.

To keep Hillary out of the WH, it's hard to disagree with the notion the Republicans needed a candidate that was a street brawler. That issue has been settled, and the question still unanswered is "can one effectively govern with a pugilistic approach?"

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
and the question still unanswered is "can one effectively govern with a pugilistic approach?"

It can be done. It just needs to be done in a more mature way. Think of a good Platoon Sergeant or First Sergeant you had that knew how to stand up to anyone trying to get his troops to do dumbsh*t. They have a way of being pugilistic yet mature and smart in how they fought back.

Offline r9etb

Indeed and "Virtue signalling" is another little bit of liberal terminology the Trump fans have adopted.

I've noticed that, too.  It's started showing up in just the past couple of days.  It's pretty funny, when you think about it -- when confronted with arguments based on "right and wrong," their response is "virtue signalling."  As if it's somehow a Bad Thing to point out bad behavior.

It's really just a form of self-delusion, though, based on the idea that their own personal worth is somehow tied to what Donald Trump does.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I've noticed that, too.  It's started showing up in just the past couple of days.  It's pretty funny, when you think about it -- when confronted with arguments based on "right and wrong," their response is "virtue signalling."  As if it's somehow a Bad Thing to point out bad behavior.

It's really just a form of self-delusion, though, based on the idea that their own personal worth is somehow tied to what Donald Trump does.

That seems to be a big trend in the Pepe universe, mocking those who *shock* stand by their values instead of compromising them for the sake of MAGA.  It is right out of the left's playbook and is right along the lines of 'check your privilege'. 

When you get down to it, you are being told the other person's values are more important than yours, so you must put your own values in check to not offend them.

Just another version of PC, but instead of just trying to control what you say, they try to control what you believe.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Just another version of PC, but instead of just trying to control what you say, they try to control what you believe.

And, as for the lefties - they can piss off.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It can be done. It just needs to be done in a more mature way. Think of a good Platoon Sergeant or First Sergeant you had that knew how to stand up to anyone trying to get his troops to do dumbsh*t. They have a way of being pugilistic yet mature and smart in how they fought back.

@txradioguy, I agree with most of that, but after this little Maddcow event, I think DT may be much more bright than we give him credit for.  If, as I think now, he orchestrated that whole tax return release, it was absolutely masterful.   

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy, I agree with most of that, but after this little Maddcow event, I think DT may be much more bright than we give him credit for.  If, as I think now, he orchestrated that whole tax return release, it was absolutely masterful.

He's lucky Maddow is such a rank amateur.

Honestly if she were any kind of "journalist" and not a PoliSci wonk...she wouldn't have fallen into that trap.  Somewhere Chris Matthews is going "I told you not to run with that story" LOL!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I believe when all is said and done, a lot of the leaks he is making a big deal out of and using to get people at each other's throats, may end up being sourced to John Baron.

Offline r9etb

That would be "bright" as in cunning, in the sense of putting one over on MSNBC.  (Not that they don't deserve it...)

The problem with having a cunning trickster as president is that such behavior is general, not specific.  He'll try to put one over on anybody who gets in his way.  A president has got to have more to work with than tricks, which will only last so long.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 05:18:40 pm by r9etb »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Namecalling "fanboy" is an act of "political virtue signaling"

And includes such members as Glenn Beck, Bill Kristol, Jeb Bush and other luminaries of times past.
Sometimes accusing folks of virtue signalling is a form of virtue signalling.  :whistle:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
He's lucky Maddow is such a rank amateur.

Honestly if she were any kind of "journalist" and not a PoliSci wonk...she wouldn't have fallen into that trap.  Somewhere Chris Matthews is going "I told you not to run with that story" LOL!

I personally don't think it was a brilliant move. People are acting like Trump beat the whole media but from what I've seen, aside from Maddow they were all pretty restrained and suspicious.

More of Trump's taxes will be leaked and not what he wants leaked, I guarantee it.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
That seems to be a big trend in the Pepe universe, mocking those who *shock* stand by their values instead of compromising them for the sake of MAGA.  It is right out of the left's playbook and is right along the lines of 'check your privilege'. 

When you get down to it, you are being told the other person's values are more important than yours, so you must put your own values in check to not offend them.

^^^  THIS.

It's all over social media from the Trump faithful AND the rabid Godless Left.

It's the new meme, along the lines of 'white privilege' - to be used as a weapon against anyone standing up for what is right if it conflicts with their ideology, agenda or political messiah.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline r9etb

I personally don't think it was a brilliant move. People are acting like Trump beat the whole media but from what I've seen, aside from Maddow they were all pretty restrained and suspicious.

If this "leak" really is Trump's doing, it may not be "brilliant," but it is certainly a clever trick that, in the short term, will take the wind out of the sails of those who were hoping to find fraud in his tax returns.  And, if we're honest, the short term solution may be enough to take that issue out of play forever. 

It doesn't actually answer the questions raised, but it seems to do so.