Author Topic: Navy: USS Ford Carrier 99-Percent Done, 2nd Carrier to be 50-Percent Done this year.  (Read 502 times)

rangerrebew

Navy: USS Ford Carrier 99-Percent Done, 2nd Carrier to be 50-Percent Done this year.
[Kris Osborn]
Kris Osborn
Monday at 10:03 PM

The future USS Ford is now going through Builders Sea Trials and is also expected to go through a deployment preparation phase known as “post shakedown availability.” Depending upon progress with testing, the Ford is slated to deliver by as soon as sometime next month.

Navy officials tell Scout Warrior that the second Ford-class ship, the future USS Kennedy, will be 50-percent built this year.

This comes alongside recent Navy reports that the USS Ford is now “99-percent” complete. Ship developers say the USS Ford is expected to deliver to the Navy later this year.

http://www.scout.com/military/warrior/story/1760556-2nd-ford-class-carrier-50-percent-built-2017
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 12:18:26 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline thackney

There is a significant increased use of electrical power on the carriers, such as linear motors elevators and Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System.

I expect future Ford Class to include defensive lasers and perhaps a rail gun.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Will the Kennedy have a defense against 'magic bullets'?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline r9etb

Will the Kennedy have a defense against 'magic bullets'?

Just wrong.... but amusing, nonetheless....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just wrong.... but amusing, nonetheless....
:shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis