Author Topic: FBI asked Justice Department to reject Trump claim: report  (Read 338 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FBI asked Justice Department to reject Trump claim: report
« on: March 05, 2017, 10:14:47 pm »
FBI asked Justice Department to reject Trump claim: report
By Rebecca Savransky - 03/05/17 04:44 PM EST

FBI Director James Comey reportedly asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump's claims that former President Barack Obama wiretapped Trump Tower before the election.

Senior American officials told The New York Times on Sunday that Comey has said the president's wiretapping allegations are not true and asked the Justice Department on Saturday to publicly correct the record.

The report comes after President Trump, in a series of early Saturday tweets, claimed President Obama had ordered the wiretapping of Trump Tower.

The FBI and the DOJ declined to comment to the Times.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/322435-comey-asks-justice-department-to-reject-trumps-claims-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

Re: FBI asked Justice Department to reject Trump claim: report
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 10:31:35 pm »
@mystery-ak

"Senior American officials told ..."

That is the problem, no names.  I am not going to believe anything about this wiretapping, whether it happened or not, until the Dept. of Justice says they did it or not.  A former deputy FBI director just said on Fox that this is the purview of the Justice Dept., and they are the ones who need to address this accusation.  He also said he knows there has to be a lot of running around in Washington right now to deal with Trump's accusation.   What I do think I know, is, Trump will never stop attacking using twitter.  From the time he became a candidate, his tweets kept him in the news every day and that is going to continue for four years and maybe four years after that.

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 10:49:06 pm »
   I always thought AG Jeff Sessions to be an 'honorable' man, the next few days will probably shine a big light on my perception of him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 11:18:26 pm »
Multiple media outlets reported the FISA order.  It either exists, or it doesn't.  If they're trying to deny 'wiretapping' by technicality (computer, not phone), that's garbage.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.