Author Topic: Philippines: Senator De Lima fears she may be murdered following false news on suicide  (Read 404 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Philippines: Senator De Lima fears she may be murdered following false news on suicide

Policemen guard Philippine Senator Leila De Lima inside a a police van after appearing at a Muntinlupa court on drug charges in Muntinlupa, Metro Manila, Philippines February 24, 2017. Source: Reuters/Erik De Castro

PHILIPPINES Senator Leila de Lima has expressed fear of being murdered following false news on her alleged suicide attempt.

According to the Rappler, De Lima, who is currently detained at the Philippine National Police (PNP) Custodial Center after her arrest on drug charges, claims her murder may be a result of an order to do so by Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte.

“Because of these fake news as reinforced by Duterte’s sycophants and lapdogs in government and social media, I no longer feel secure in detention, despite being guarded by the PNP Custodial Unit here in Camp Crame,” De Lima said in a statement on Saturday.

Read more at https://asiancorrespondent.com/2017/03/philippines-de-lima-fears-murder/#5qmxkjpjdFitds6Q.99

I certainly hope she stays safe.

Duterte's rival; however one looks at the situation. I"m not there, so I do not know how it is on a personal level.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 07:22:27 pm by TomSea »

Offline SirLinksALot

She will NOT be murdered.

Her prominence protects her.

Having said that -- She still deserves to be in jail. The evidence that she corruptly took money from drug lords and protected and coddled them is too overwhelming to ignore.

geronl

any evidence provided by the Duterte regime is suspect

Offline SirLinksALot

The evidence existed before Duterte took office. Most knowledgeable Pinoys know that.

I've discussed this corruption with them since the time of Aquino's presidency.