Author Topic: FISA and the Trump Team ....By Andrew C. McCarthy — January 11, 2017  (Read 562 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 FISA and the Trump Team
The idea that FISA could be used against political enemies always seemed far-fetched. Now it might not be.
By Andrew C. McCarthy — January 11, 2017

Remember the great debate over “the Wall” following the 9/11 attacks? “The Wall” was a set of internal guidelines that had been issued by the Clinton Justice Department in the mid 1990s. In a nutshell, the Wall made it legally difficult and practically impossible for agents in the FBI’s Foreign Counter-Intelligence Division (essentially, our domestic-security service, now known as the National Security Division) to share intelligence with the criminal-investigation side of the FBI’s house. Those of us who were critics of the Wall — and I was a strenuous one, beginning in my days as a terrorism prosecutor who personally experienced its suicidal applications — made several arguments against it.

My favorite argument, which I have repeated countless times, centered on how preposterous were the underlying assumptions of the Wall. This was far easier for prosecutors than journalists, academics, and the public to grasp, because we dealt with the Justice Department’s different chains of command for criminal and national-security investigations.

Alas, after 20 years, I may have to revise my thinking.

more
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/443768/print
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Yup. I linked to this in another thread and it had no effect on those using terms like, "Rump supporters."

Let's see if it this time has effect.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Listen "smart people",

Where's the proof?

Dig into those articles and they link from article to article. They seem to be based on some unnamed sources (gee thought those were bad?).

Meanwhile rumpy the clown made a specific claim, with no evidence. He needs to provide it, not hide behind Breitbart and NR like the coward he is.