Author Topic: Ben Carson, Shermichael Singleton saga, Yes Time for Republican Millennials to Grow Up.- Raynard Jackson  (Read 252 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ben Carson, Shermichael Singleton saga, Yes Time for Republican Millennials to Grow Up.
March 2, 2017 by Staff 
Filed under News, Opinion, Politics, Weekly Columns

(ThyBlackMan.com) Two weeks ago, Shermichael Singleton, the deputy chief of staff for incoming Housing and Urban Development (HUD) secretary Ben Carson, was unceremoniously fired; with the dismissal, the Trump administration also stripped away his dignity.

It all started back on October 24, 2016. Singleton wrote a very critical editorial about Trump’s presidential candidacy.

“…The moral fiber of the Republican Party and America as a whole is at stake. That is why I continue to speak up against Trump’s candidacy…There is no way I can bring myself to vote for Donald Trump,” said Singleton.

I have absolutely no regard for most Black Republicans from the millennial generation. They are arrogant as hell, think they know everything, and have no intellectual curiosity about anything.

Singleton is one of the few from this group that I actually have some hope for. I think he is very sharp, but I think he lacks the proper guidance from some of the more seasoned political operators, who could have guided him through some of his unforced errors.

But one thing that has been bothering me about this Singleton episode is, if Donald Trump was as bad as he indicated in his October column’ why in the hell would he want to work for someone like that?

By accepting a job with Donald Trump, he undercut the whole rationale of his editorial. In essence, he became the very thing he was accusing Trump of. If you “can’t vote” for Trump, how can you justify working for him? Just a thought.

Continued: http://thyblackman.com/2017/03/02/ben-carson-shermichael-singleton-saga-yes-time-for-republican-millennials-to-grow-up/

This is interesting and I'll wager most of us did not know about this incident. Whether it is important or not, good to know.