Author Topic: Cliff Kincaid: The liberal media monopoly is broken  (Read 493 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Cliff Kincaid: The liberal media monopoly is broken
« on: March 01, 2017, 05:56:41 pm »
March 1, 2017
The liberal media monopoly is broken
By Cliff Kincaid

"Be a leader, not a Tweeter," is the advice offered to President Trump by Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings (MD). However, the survey of attendees at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) found that 70 percent of respondents favor Trump's use of Twitter to communicate.

Trump didn't need to tweet after Hollywood celebrities attacked him 15 times during the Oscars and then gave an award to the wrong "Best Picture." Trump's enemies frequently look like fools.

CPAC understands that Trump's tweets, which cut to the heart of many issues and expose bias on the part of liberal elites, have proven to be very effective. Cummings has to be resentful at Trump's ability to put the Democrats and liberals on the defensive through his skillful use of Twitter.

It is interesting to media critics to know that hours of anti-Trump news on the broadcasting and cable networks can be effectively refuted by just a few words and phrases. The American people are receptive to Trump's tweets because of the success of organizations like Accuracy in Media, whose founder, Reed Irvine, taught news consumers that they should be skeptical of what they see, read and hear from the liberal media elite.

It appears that Democrats like Cummings would prefer a Republican who plays a subservient role to the liberal media. For example, former President George W. Bush was recently maneuvered by NBC's Matt Lauer into saying things perceived to be critical of Trump's rhetoric on freedom of the press, relations with Russia, and immigration policy.

But it's the Bush (and Obama) policies in the Middle East and on immigration that became major factors in the rise of Trump.

Continued: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/kincaid/170301

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Cliff Kincaid: The liberal media monopoly is broken
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 06:07:58 pm »
I often don't like the style with which Trump communicates through Twitter.  It's pretty cringeworthy sometimes.  But for those of us who thought that style would do more harm than good (myself included), it's becoming apparent that we were simply wrong.  What Trump has managed to do -- and I don't think even Reagan did this -- was make the general public far more skeptical of what they hear/read/see in the media.  Given how the media generally leans left, that is a major achievement.

geronl

Re: Cliff Kincaid: The liberal media monopoly is broken
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 06:11:39 pm »
CPAC surveys are not representative of anything