Author Topic: Conservatives Must Win the Transgender Battle, For the Sake of Transgenders  (Read 11142 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

What I propose will save more lives than the coercive approach that you demand.  In no small part because there's no going back  -  women have their liberty, same as men,  and that genie isn't returning to its bottle.   If you want to reduce abortion - and it IS a moral horror, IMO - then it is going to have to be done by means of persuasion and support, not your police-state religious fascism.   

Murdering babies is not 'liberty'. It's evil. All you propose is keeping legalized murder available while offering the fig leaf of changing hearts and minds... and under your brilliant plan, the murders just keep right on happening while some fraud blathers on about it. Nice work if you can get it I guess. But pretty transparently pro abortion for anyone with eyes in their head.

It's funny that within a couple posts to proclaiming your Christianity, you now mock it again by calling it's core principles police state religious facisim.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Jazzhead, a guy, is fond of going on about how abortion is a woman's issue, and then proceeds to mansplain to all of us XX chromosome ladies why we are wrong about our opposition to abortion.
I stopped trying to even comprehend that because it's lunacy.

Yes it is. But it is also textbook liberalism.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Jazzhead, a guy, is fond of going on about how abortion is a woman's issue, and then proceeds to mansplain to all of us XX chromosome ladies why we are wrong about our opposition to abortion.
I stopped trying to even comprehend that because it's lunacy.

Then don't get an abortion.  But you want the government to impose your religious morality on everyone else, and deny other women the liberty they have under the Constitution.   Persuade others,  but don't insist the government do the work for you.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Yes it is. But it is also textbook liberalism.

I defend the liberty of woman as guaranteed by the United States Constitution.  What you advocate is textbook religious fascism.   If abortion is so wrong, then why are you so afraid that persuasion won't work?   
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 03:58:38 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Norm Lenhart

Then don't get an abortion.  But you want the government to impose your religious morality on everyone else, and deny other women the liberty they have under the Constitution.   Persuade others,  but don't insist the government do the work for you.
Nowhere does the Constitution give women the 'liberty' to murder their own or anyone elses children.

PS, If you were the Christian you claim to be, you wouldn't be slamming YOUR OWN religious morality like that now would you? Certainly you wouldn't be on a conservative forum fighting to keep abortion legal and arguing that Christian religious morality were somehow fascist.

Offline Norm Lenhart

I defend the liberty of woman as guaranteed by the United States Constitution.  What you advocate is textbook religious fascism.   If abortion is so wrong, then why are you so afraid that persuasion won't work?   

Please post the text in the Constitution saying women have the right to murder their own or anyone elses children or just admit it does not exist.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

It's funny that within a couple posts to proclaiming your Christianity, you now mock it again by calling it's core principles police state religious facisim.

I don't mock Christianity.  I criticize religious zealots who insist on a Christian version of sharia law in this nation. 

Yes, I agree with you that abortion is wrong.  But - at least when the fetus is not viable - it is the right of every citizen to make that determination for herself.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
. . . and arguing that Christian religious morality were somehow fascist.

I have no objection to Christian morality.  Practice it.  What I object to is your insistence that the government deny the liberty of others in deference to your view of Christian morality. 

Offline Norm Lenhart

I don't mock Christianity.  I criticize religious zealots who insist on a Christian version of sharia law in this nation. 

Yes, I agree with you that abortion is wrong.  But - at least when the fetus is not viable - it is the right of every citizen to make that determination for herself.   

You want it legal. Until that changes, thats pro abortion.

You want more Muslims imported via the refugee farce. They bring Sharia. So tell me again that you oppose Sharia. It will hold no more water than your claims of being conservative, chriatian or pro life, but it's funny to laugh at.

Offline Norm Lenhart

I have no objection to Christian morality.  Practice it.  What I object to is your insistence that the government deny the liberty of others in deference to your view of Christian morality.

Still waiting for you to post the text of the Constitution saying that killing children is any form of liberty.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Since you're a "Christian" and all

Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come to me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Genesis 19:27  Early the next morning Abraham got up and returned to the place where he had stood before the Lord. 28 He looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, toward all the land of the plain, and he saw dense smoke rising from the land, like smoke from a furnace.

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

And just in case you try to use the typical the New Testament says differently than the Old Testament meme let me remind you of this:

Mark 7:6-9 6 He answered and said to them, Well has Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. 7 However, in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. 8 For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things you do. 9 And he said to them, Full well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your own tradition.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Still waiting for you to post the text of the Constitution saying that killing children is any form of liberty.

You put the rabbit in the hat when you conflate a non-viable fetus with a "child".  That's your religious conviction, and you're welcome to it.  But you want more - you want to impose your religious view on others by force of a government gun.   The Constitution says for you to go stuff yourself.   

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Matthew 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come to me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Genesis 19:27  Early the next morning Abraham got up and returned to the place where he had stood before the Lord. 28 He looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, toward all the land of the plain, and he saw dense smoke rising from the land, like smoke from a furnace.

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

And just in case you try to use the typical the New Testament says differently than the Old Testament meme let me remind you of this:

Mark 7:6-9 6 He answered and said to them, Well has Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. 7 However, in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. 8 For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things you do. 9 And he said to them, Full well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your own tradition.

In addendum to those biblically illiterate who insist that the laws against Homosexuality were abolished by Jesus:

[b]“Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. “For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Matthew 5:18-19[/b]
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

I'm not your audience, txradioguy.   But go ahead and proselytize. It's your right under the Constitution.   

Offline bilo

I suppose you might not have given it a lot of thought, but the truth is the foundation of our laws in this country were based on Judeo-Christian values that are rooted in Scripture. You should thank God every day that the founders of this country, whether they were Christian, Jewish, or not, were smart enough to see the Truth of the inerrant word of God.

When you begin to pick and choose which parts of God's instructions for us you wish to follow and discard others your actions expose your underlying belief that you know better than God. This belief, that you are your own God, is liberalism today in a post-Christian world.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Silver Pines

@Jazzhead

You don't have to be religious to understand that stilling a beating heart takes an innocent life.  Even some atheists get it.  It's basic.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm not your audience, txradioguy.   But go ahead and proselytize. It's your right under the Constitution.

YOU are the one that is claiming to be a Christian and advocating for and defending everything that goes against the Scriptures I posted.

I'm not proselytizing either...just pointing out your hypocrisy.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Yet you insist that government, deny the Christian baker his liberty, to decide who to do business with.

e.g. situational liberty. Liberty for me, but not for thee.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Norm Lenhart

You put the rabbit in the hat when you conflate a non-viable fetus with a "child".  That's your religious conviction, and you're welcome to it.  But you want more - you want to impose your religious view on others by force of a government gun.   The Constitution says for you to go stuff yourself.

So you lied. Flat out lied. You can't post it because it isn't there. No one here is REMOTELY surprised about that.

"A 'non viable fetus' is still a child, viable or not. Thats your liberalism talking. Literally since liberals are the only people calling children 'fetus'.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Yet you insist that government, deny the Christian baker his liberty, to decide who to do business with.

Well said.

Offline musiclady

@Jazzhead

You don't have to be religious to understand that stilling a beating heart takes an innocent life.  Even some atheists get it.  It's basic.

Actually, I think a number of atheists get it.

The only thing required to understand that abortion is wrong is a rational mind and a soul (that are actually functioning).

A human being's life is being (cruelly and painfully) taken from him or her.

Anyone defending abortion is defending cruelty to the innocent, and advocating the rights of the powerful over the rights of the weak.

It really IS that simple.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead

And that's why I think abortion is wrong.  But, again, what you seek to do is have the STATE enforce that moral view.  There are better, non-coercive means to reduce abortions.  Persuasion WILL work - and what's more, it's legal under the Constitution.     

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

This obsession with Christian bakers is getting ridiculous.   This isn't about situational liberty, but of one person's liberty conflicting with another's.  What is one supposed to do in such a situation?   For me, it means backing the victim of arbitrary discrimination and opposing the bully.  It appears that you support the bully.     
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:05:42 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And that's why I think abortion is wrong.  But, again, what you seek to do is have the STATE enforce that moral view.  There are better, non-coercive means to reduce abortions.  Persuasion WILL work - and what's more, it's legal under the Constitution.   

No...in all honesty...you don't think abortion is wrong.  You defend it too adamantly here for that to be credible.

Morals huh? Murder is immoal...yet here you are defending it in the form of abortion. 

If I went out and killed someone tomorrow for no reason...I'd be charged with murder.  Our laws and collective morals say murder is wrong.

Why aren't you hammering at people for trying to force our "morals" on someone who takes an adult life?

There are morals behind more of our laws than you care to imagine...if there wasn't...it would be legal to steal and cheat in your spouse.

And again as we continue to try and hammer thought your Liberal brain...there is no Constitutional "right" to Abortion.

Offline Norm Lenhart

If you thought abortion was wrong, you wouldn't be saying diametric opposites like 'must remain legal.'

How ironic that you figuratively and literally want the baby split.