Author Topic: YouGov survey: CNN drops to last place among the three cable news networks in brand perception  (Read 241 times)

rangerrebew

YouGov survey: CNN drops to last place among the three cable news networks in brand perception
posted at 10:21 pm on February 27, 2017 by Allahpundit

Share on Facebook

I can give you a theory for why Fox News and MSNBC each get more positive buzz than CNN. I’m not sure I can give you a theory for the particular trendline for CNN.

That graph charts responses to the question “If you’ve heard anything about the brand in the last two weeks, through advertising, news or word of mouth, was it positive or negative?” First off, note how rare it is for any of the networks to be net positive in buzz. Fox and CNN have each managed the feat only twice, and briefly at that, over the past 14 months. MSNBC has never managed it. Note too how competitive the three networks were for most of last year — until election time, when perception of CNN’s brand fell off the table. It recovered a bit for awhile in December but struggled to stay above -10 and has begun to sink again lately. How come? If the answer is as simple as “They’re loudly anti-Trump,” why isn’t MSNBC’s buzz garbage too?

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/02/27/yougov-survey-cnn-drops-to-last-place-among-the-three-cable-news-networks-in-brand-perception/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 02:50:18 pm by rangerrebew »