Author Topic: Seoul says North Korea executes 5 senior security officials  (Read 596 times)

geronl

Seoul says North Korea executes 5 senior security officials
« on: February 27, 2017, 02:25:16 pm »
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea executed five senior security officials with anti-aircraft guns because they made false reports that "enraged" leader Kim Jong Un, South Korea's spy agency said Monday.

The comments by the National Intelligence Service in a private briefing to lawmakers come as Malaysia investigates the poisoning death of Kim's estranged elder half brother, Kim Jong Nam. That investigation is still going on, but South Korea says it believes Kim Jong Un ordered the assassination, which took place Feb. 13 at Kuala Lumpur's airport.

The spy agency told lawmakers that five North Korean officials in the department of recently purged state security chief Kim Won Hong were executed by anti-aircraft guns because of the false reports to Kim, South Korean lawmaker Lee Cheol Woo said. It's not clear what false reports they allegedly made, and the NIS didn't say how it got its information.

South Korean spies have a spotty record when reporting about high-level events in authoritarian, cloistered North Korea

https://www.yahoo.com/news/seoul-says-north-korea-executes-5-senior-security-084003066.html

So we have no idea why they were purged.

Offline endicom

Re: Seoul says North Korea executes 5 senior security officials
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 02:44:02 pm »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 02:47:11 pm »
I wondered if this was a "I wish someone would rid me of this meddlesome priest" moment. It was poorly executed.
Countdown to Resignation

geronl

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 02:54:00 pm »

Because the killing of his brother was so poorly done?

Maybe they thought no one would notice VX nerve gas?

lol

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 07:17:20 pm »
Silly Kim, did no one tell him that with six he get eggroll? :silly:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 07:40:48 pm »
Korean eggrolls  are not what you think they are. You will get Mandu or Gyeranmari.

On topic, this is a case of a psychopath killing other psychopaths. Each one of those security officials have likely torture and killed thousands of people. Otherwise, they would not be 'senior' security officials. The closest analogy would be Hitler executing senior Gestapo officers. It is a little difficult to be upset by this.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 07:41:12 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 03:33:20 am »
Actually, that is funny though.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 03:36:07 am »
Russia, China has relations with countries like this.

The US, not so much.

Heck, every time I hear about Egypt,  I remember hearing how even on Glenn Beck, they were talking about some prisoner who'd been tortured badly under Mubarak, maybe killed. Even Beck was all bitchy about this.

Mubarak stepped down, thanks to the insistence of a number of countries and now, the region has gone to hell in a hand basket.

Duterte is another wildcard figure out there.