Author Topic: Cruz Praises Harry Reid at CPAC: Thanks For the Most Conservative Cabinet in Decades  (Read 5571 times)

Offline LonestarDream

Now that Sessions is gone, Cruz IS the leadership in the Senate.

Still waiting for you to back up your moronic claim that Trump is the more Conservative than Cruz.

It's not up to Ted.  That's up to the leadership in the House and Senate.

And your Dear Leader wants something worse than Obamacare to replace what's there now.

Be careful what you wish for.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Now that Sessions is gone, Cruz IS the leadership in the Senate.

He is?  Did they hold a new election for leadership positions that no one knows about?

Lets check.

Senate Majority Leader:  Senator Mitch McConnell

Assistant Majority Leader: Senator John Cornyn

Majority Chief Deputy Whip: Senator Mike Crapo

Conference Chairman: Senator John Thune

Senate Republican Conference Vice Chairman: Senator Roy Blunt

Senate Republican Policy Committee Chairman: Senator John Barrasso

NRSC Chairman: Senator Cory Gardner

http://conginst.org/senate-republican-leadership-positions/

Please show me where I missed the Junior Senator from Texas anywhere in the leadership in the Senate.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LonestarDream

De facto leader.  Who else is left?  It is not McCain or McConnell .

He is?  Did they hold a new election for leadership positions that no one knows about?

Lets check.

Please show me where I missed the Junior Senator from Texas anywhere in the leadership in the Senate.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

And your Dear Leader wants something worse than Obamacare to replace what's there now.

Why not stop shrilling the usual  :bs: hyperbole and post a link to the plan the President has proposed since taking office @txradioguy ?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Why not stop shrilling the usual  :bs: hyperbole and post a link to the plan the President has proposed since taking office @txradioguy ?

:beer: 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Lets check.

So, Cruz hasn't done hardly anything in real world accomplishments if Cruz was your man.

Also, NRA totally backs Trump.

Is not Senator Cruz, former candidate for President of the United States, the de factor leader of the conservative wing of the Senate @txradioguy ?

Offline LonestarDream

Is not Senator Cruz, former candidate for President of the United States, the de factor leader of the conservative wing of the Senate @txradioguy ?

Exactly.  And I am for BOTH Cruz and Trump.  Cruz is doing well on judges.  He now needs to help MORE with ObamaCare.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
De facto leader.  Who else is left?  It is not McCain or McConnell .

Uh-huh.  You're new to this political stuff aren't you?

McConnell is out there bragging he got Trump elected. 

McConnell hates Cruz...for exposing his lies about repealing Obamacare.

Who do you think was leaking negative things about Cruz to Politico and HuffPo?

McConnell...and McCain among others.  Wouldn't surprise me if that doofus Cornyn did as well.

Trump has said he'd back someone to primary Cruz.

So you tell me how exactly Ted Cruz...whom I voted for in November as a write in on my Texas ballot...is going to be in any position to be in a leadership role as long the situation remains like it is now int he GOP?

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

He is...but as I explained above...he's not in a position to do much with a bunch of RINO Trump cronies holding the real power....and a President who has said he'll back a candidate who runs against him next time he's up for election.

Anytime you see a stout Conservative being primaried...you can bet that McConnell's Senatorial slush fund is behind it.  That's how Mitch takes care of people that don't tow the line.

Still waiting for you to back up your moronic claim that Trump is the more Conservative than Cruz.

That's okay.  Some of us are still waiting for you to prove that Cruz is more conservative than the President @txradioguy

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
If the Senate needs new leadership; perhaps that is up to the Senate; of course, in this, the people's hero won't get any blame.

Offline LonestarDream

Thanks for the ping @LonestarDream

I think the Scott Adams cognitive dissonance thing is in play here.  Or we have closet liberals here who do not want to WIN!!!  Remember, Kelly Anne worked for Cruz first. 

Why not have Cruz as Senate Leader and Pence as President in 2024?  Am fine with a Coolidge mentality after Trump cleans house.   

He is...but as I explained above...he's not in a position to do much

Well, you certainly have this tied up in a neat little bow --- "yes, Cruz is a leader .... he just can't lead".    Got it.  888blackhat

@txradioguy

Offline LonestarDream

Well, you certainly have this tied up in a neat little bow --- "yes, Cruz is a leader .... he just can't lead".    Got it.  888blackhat

@txradioguy

Trump called out Cruz and said that Cruz was the toughest competitor that Trump ever had to deal with.

I dont think Trump takes this stuff so personally.  Even 'pathological' Carson is now running HUD.

Offline LonestarDream

That's okay.  Some of us are still waiting for you to prove that Cruz is more conservative than the President @txradioguy

Maybe Trump and Sessions need to angle for Cruz to become Majority Leader.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

That challenge wasn't out there...but since you want to swoop in and try to save LSD froim the BS he/she/it was spewing...here goes.

Cruz has a 97% Conservative rating from Conservative Reviews Liberty Scorecard and a 100% Conservative Rating from the American Conservative Union.

Conservative Review scored Trump as only "good" on two issues for 2016 versus Clinton and Johnson...the environment and education...the rest were either bad (free market, healthcare, immigration and civil liberties) or mixed (budget, foreign policy/defense, moral issues 2nd Amendment and taxes).

I am unable to find an ACU score for Trump...but given the fact he pulled out of an appearance there last year and the low attendance this year...I'm betting it's not good.

Now if you'd like for me to rehash the very long and detailed list of quotes...donations...public statements etc etc that show Trump isn't Conservative and certainly isn't more Conservative than Cruz...I'll be happy to do that.

And at the end of the day it does nothing but distract from the fact that LSD can't show anything that backs up the statement that was made that:

Trump is the more Conservative than Cruz.

Offline corbe

@txradioguy

@Right_in_Virginia Sen. Cruz is clearly a member of club of Senators that number 2 or 3, out of 50, the turtle herds the others not unlike Ryan pretty much neutered the House Freedom Caucus it's a small ineffectual club, indeed.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Exactly.  And I am for BOTH Cruz and Trump.  Cruz is doing well on judges.  He now needs to help MORE with ObamaCare.
I am likewise.

I want to make an  announcement: I own a URL which seems appropriate, for certain members at this time

www.insultathon.com (not hosted at this time)

Bids open at a minimum bid of just 50 Texas Dollars.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

I think the Scott Adams cognitive dissonance thing is in play here.  Or we have closet liberals here who do not want to WIN!!!  Remember, Kelly Anne worked for Cruz first. 

I'll vote for the Scott Adams cognitive dissonance "thing" @LonestarDream .  The absolute, never, ever, ever neverTrumps invested all they have in their position.  They will, because they have to, spew the "pretzel-logic" Adams spoke of in an effort to prove the President is a villain.     :shrug:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Maybe Trump and Sessions need to angle for Cruz to become Majority Leader.

Trump won't do that. 

TODD: All right. Ted Cruz, I’m going to mend it, are you really going to fund a super PAC to help defeat Hillary in 2018?

TRUMP: Well, it’s not the number one thing on my mind. Look, what’s on my mind is beating Hillary Clinton. What’s on my mind is winning for the Republican Party. With that being said, yeah, I’ll probably do a super PAC, you know, when they run, against Kasich for 10 to $20 million dollars. Against Ted Cruz —

TODD: All right.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/07/24/trump-ill-probably-do-a-super-pac-against-cruz-and-kasich/

And besides...Mitch wouldn't allow it.  Sessions would have tampering allegations leveled at him.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
   @Right_in_Virginia Sen. Cruz is clearly a member of club of Senators that number 2 or 3, out of 50, the turtle herds the others not unlike Ryan pretty much neutered the House Freedom Caucus it's a small ineffectual club, indeed.

Amazing how people fail to see that.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You are on a roll.  Unfortunately, it is a stale roll and has very little connection with reality.

You called me a Trumper, even though you know perfectly well that I was for Cruz all the way and was kicked out of TOS for that reason.

You need to take this old saw seriously:  "The perfect is the enemy of the good."

You never say negative things about Obama or Hillary or Chuck U Schumer.

You save that for a couple of really good men who were not quite conservative enough for you... I mean the two Bushes.

You refuse to give Trump the benefit of the doubt on anything because you are so sure...in all your wisdom .... that he will screw up and not do everything to your liking.

You latch onto unfortunate things like the Flynn debacle ... Trump really had no choice since Flynn lied to Pence and put Pence on the spot by doing so.  Trump has defended Flynn though.

You reach into never never land to assume that Trump will pass universal health care when there is nothing to indicate that he will do that.  While in that mythical land, you also assume that he will back Ivanka's idea for child care.

Frankly, you are becoming a bore.  Sorry to say that because I've always liked you, but it's true.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline LonestarDream

You continue to abuse members.  I guess Sessions as AG is worse than what Hillary would have picked.

That challenge wasn't out there...but since you want to swoop in and try to save LSD froim the BS he/she/it was spewing...here goes.

Cruz has a 97% Conservative rating from Conservative Reviews Liberty Scorecard and a 100% Conservative Rating from the American Conservative Union.

Conservative Review scored Trump as only "good" on two issues for 2016 versus Clinton and Johnson...the environment and education...the rest were either bad (free market, healthcare, immigration and civil liberties) or mixed (budget, foreign policy/defense, moral issues 2nd Amendment and taxes).

I am unable to find an ACU score for Trump...but given the fact he pulled out of an appearance there last year and the low attendance this year...I'm betting it's not good.

Now if you'd like for me to rehash the very long and detailed list of quotes...donations...public statements etc etc that show Trump isn't Conservative and certainly isn't more Conservative than Cruz...I'll be happy to do that.

And at the end of the day it does nothing but distract from the fact that LSD can't show anything that backs up the statement that was made that:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 08:12:54 pm by LonestarDream »