Author Topic: Washington Governor Orders State Not to Make Arrests Over Immigration Status  (Read 923 times)

rangerrebew

FEB 23 2017, 11:58 PM ET

Washington Governor Orders State Not to Make Arrests Over Immigration Status

by PHIL HELSEL

The governor of Washington signed an executive order Thursday reaffirming policies that bar state police and corrections officers from making arrests purely on immigration status in a rebuke of the Trump administration.

"Washington has always been and will always remain a place that welcomes and embraces people of all faiths, all nationalities and all orientations," Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee said.

"This executive order makes clear that Washington will not be a willing participant in promoting or carrying out mean-spirited policies that break up families and compromise our national security and community safety," Inslee said.
Play

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...status-n724956

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Pretty sure illegal immigrants compromise our national security, and damn sure they compromise our community safety!
Just what part, exactly, in the Governor's oath of office states that he should subjugate the laws of the USA and elevate illegal aliens to the status of, nea, to a status above American Citizens and legal residents of the USA?

I do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will support the constitution of the United States
and the constitution and laws of the State of Washington,and that I will faithfully discharge the duties of the office
of (name of office) to the best of my ability.

I don't see anything about the Governor being above the law anywhere in this oath, it would appear that California doesn't have a lock the moonbeam for governor position, we also have Washington, Oregon, New Mexico, Colorado, North Dakota, Connecticut and Rhode Island are all designated sanctuary states, at least according to this source:

http://cis.org/Sanctuary-Cities-Map

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The state of Washington is trying to play both sides of this. They don't want to enforce immigration, but they want to tell the President how to enforce it, and define national security.
The Republic is lost.

Online DB

Cool, other states can give free bus tickets to their illegals so they can move under the protection of Washington state... I'd rather enjoy watching that... In a few years the governor will be lucky if he isn't in prison when the state's citizens get done with him...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 07:01:39 am by DB »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Cool, other states can give free bus tickets to their illegals so they can move under the protection of Washington state... I'd rather enjoy watching that... In a few years the governor will be lucky if he isn't in prison when the state's citizens get done with him...
Hey they can have all of California's they want. But I don't want to hear any bitching from them about those damn Californians moving in on them, this time their putting the welcome mat out for them!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Washington Governor Orders State Not to Make Arrests Over Immigration Status"

Then, send in a company of federal ICE agents to do the arrestin' ...!

Sooner or later, it's going to come down to a naked "test of power" between Trump and state officials who will not comply with federal immigration laws.

This may involve actually taking one or more high-level state officials into federal custody.
By the force-of-arms, if required.

Preposterous, you're thinking.

But.. consider George Wallace standing defiantly in the schoolhouse door.

The only way we're going to win on immigration -- as the federal government won on integration -- is one or more repeats of the same.

Otherwise, it's going to be much more difficult, if not impossible.

"Examples" must be made from which lessons will be learned.

Addendum:
And yes, I'd smile to see the governor of my state (CT) being led away in handcuffs by the feds!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 11:54:38 pm by Fishrrman »

Online DB

"Washington Governor Orders State Not to Make Arrests Over Immigration Status"

Then, send in a company of federal ICE agents to do the arrestin' ...!

Sooner or later, it's going to come down to a naked "test of power" between Trump and state officials who will not comply with federal immigration laws.

This may involve actually taking one or more high-level state officials into federal custody.
By the force-of-arms, if required.

Preposterous, you're thinking.

But.. consider George Wallace standing defiantly in the schoolhouse door.

The only way we're going to win on immigration -- as the federal government won on integration -- is one or more repeats of the same.

Otherwise, it's going to be much more difficult, if not impossible.

"Examples" must be made from which lessons will be learned.

Addendum:
And yes, I'd smile to see the governor of my state (CT) being led away in handcuffs by the feds!

Better to simply have other states send all their illegals there. It will fix itself then...