Author Topic: Joseph Farah: Trigger warnings' and the new morality  (Read 500 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Joseph Farah: Trigger warnings' and the new morality
« on: February 20, 2017, 03:31:04 am »
Trigger warnings' and the new morality

There’s a good deal of debate today on college campuses about the need for “trigger warnings” and the creation of “safe spaces” on campus.

I should say, right off the top, for those who believe in the need for “trigger warnings and “safe spaces,” beware: This column could be dangerous to your health and well-being, or, it could awaken you to the reality that you have been deceived, manipulated and conned.

Generally, the debate comes down to this:

“Trigger warnings” and “safe spaces” are vitally necessary to protecting trauma victims, such as people with PTSD from experiences in the military, or women who may have been victims of sexual assault, or those with mental health issues like panic disorders.
    “Trigger warnings” and “safe spaces” on campus have a chilling effect on healthy debate, sheltering students from things they don’t like, which doesn’t prepare them well for a world where they are bound to see and hear things that trigger intense and sometimes unpleasant reactions.

But maybe it’s time to look more seriously at what has brought this phenomenon to the fore in the 21st century.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/02/trigger-warnings-and-the-new-morality/#sYWi6hRcFBJPwD2p.99

Offline LMAO

Re: Joseph Farah: Trigger warnings' and the new morality
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 04:27:24 am »
From the article...
  “Trigger warnings” and “safe spaces” on campus have a chilling effect on healthy debate, sheltering students from things they don’t like, which doesn’t prepare them well for a world where they are bound to see and hear things that trigger intense and sometimes unpleasant reactions.
--------------------------------------

Which explains the rioting post election
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy