Author Topic: It’s Time To ‘Primary’ Joe Manchin And Heidi Heitkamp And For Democrats To Have Guts  (Read 955 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
My Democratic Party believes there is man-made climate change.

My Democratic Party believes in science.

My  Democratic Party believes in protecting the environment.

On February 17, 2017 two Democratic United States Senators voted for a man who is a climate denier, a science denier and a destroyer of the environment to head The Environmental Protection Agency.

For that alone, Joe Manchin and Heidi Heitkamp must be “primaried” in 2018 and we should start finding qualified, principled, Progressive candidates in their states today who can take them on and represent true Democratic values in Congress.

I don’t care that West Virginia is a coal state and it is a specious argument for Joe Manchin to say that he didn’t want to offend his coal industry folks.  Bernie Sanders, a hater of coal and a huge advocate for tough and immediate action to fight man-made climate change and a huge advocate for massive environmental protection won the Democratic Primary by 15.6 points and might even have won the entire state in the General. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/its-time-to-primary-joe-manchin-and-heidi-heitkamp_us_58a83d83e4b0b0e1e0e20b3b
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Heitkamp was elected in a squeaker of an election over the GOP candidate and she had definite name recognition working for her.  Let the Dems replace her with some firebrand ecowhacko who will vote against oil, coal, or agricultural interests (the State's three largest industries), and the Republican will win.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 02:49:53 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline MajorClay

Cool, they are eating their own. :2popcorn:

Offline mountaineer

Bernie Sanders, a hater of coal and a huge advocate for tough and immediate action to fight man-made climate change and a huge advocate for massive environmental protection won the Democratic Primary by 15.6 points and might even have won the entire state in the General. 
Hillary lost to Trump by at least 30 points in WV. They really believe Bernie could have won?  22222frying pan
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online LMAO

My Democratic Party believes in science.

I find that people tend to believe in science as long as it backs a political point of view. if science were to discover that people who vote Democrat have lower IQ's, this writer probably would no longer believe in science
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

They really believe Bernie could have won?  22222frying pan

Yes
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I find that people tend to believe in science as long as it backs a political point of view. if science were to discover that people who vote Democrat have lower IQ's, this writer probably would no longer believe in science
Actually, they would start a campaign to try to get everyone to believe that Lower IQs were superior, and then fund the studies to prove it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis