Author Topic: Trump family’s elaborate lifestyle is a ‘logistical nightmare’ — at taxpayer expense  (Read 1336 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Drew Harwell, Amy Brittain and Jonathan O’Connell The Washington Post  February 17, 2017

On Friday, President Donald Trump and his entourage will jet for the third straight weekend to a working getaway at his oceanfront Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida.

On Saturday, Trump’s sons Eric and Don Jr., with their Secret Service details in tow, will be nearly 8,000 miles away in the United Arab Emirates, attending the grand opening of a Trump-brand golf resort in the ‘‘Beverly Hills of Dubai.’’

more
http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2017/02/16/trump-family-elaborate-lifestyle-logistical-nightmare-taxpayer-expense/KT8hig29qTuC7ADTHN0J4O/story.html?p1=Article_Trending_Most_Viewed
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Oh, good grief.

I'm pretty sure the Trumps have the resources to pay for their own travel and aren't spending anywhere near what these hysterical reporters claim. Besides, what are they going to do? Hold a gun to their heads and hold them hostage at the White House?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I didn't read the article, but I do wonder if they compared this to the extravagant travel of the 0bama's and their families and entourages?

Offline Victoria33

I didn't read the article, but I do wonder if they compared this to the extravagant travel of the 0bama's and their families and entourages?
@Sanguine

Yes, they have.  Trump will bankrupt the treasury more than it already is.  I knew it would happen when he was elected.  It is free money for him. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine

Yes, they have.  Trump will bankrupt the treasury more than it already is.  I knew it would happen when he was elected.  It is free money for him.

How odd - a balanced reporting?  Nice.

@Victoria33

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How odd - a balanced reporting?  Nice.

@Victoria33

I read the entire article.  Mention was made of Obama, but his eight years was given 1/10th the attention Trump's three weeks got.  Some balance.  I hope nobody thought the Globe was going to write a balanced story.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

By Drew Harwell, Amy Brittain and Jonathan O’Connell The Washington Post  February 17, 2017
On Friday, President Donald Trump and his entourage will jet for the third straight weekend to a working getaway at his oceanfront Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida.  On Saturday, Trump’s sons Eric and Don Jr., with their Secret Service details in tow, will be nearly 8,000 miles away in the United Arab Emirates, attending the grand opening of a Trump-brand golf resort in the ‘‘Beverly Hills of Dubai.’’
@mystery-ak

Trump is supposed to cut spending, so worried about govern. spending.  That would be for every dept./anyone, other than him.  If he realty wanted to cut spending, he would go to Camp David that is secure at all times.  There is a five story underground facility there for absolute safety.  That is where they would put Bob when there was a safety training.  They took him by helicopter and they would take Trump and his people by helicopter, too, and save millions by not going to Florida.

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline jpsb

@mystery-ak

Trump is supposed to cut spending, so worried about govern. spending.  That would be for every dept./anyone, other than him.  If he realty wanted to cut spending, he would go to Camp David that is secure at all times.  There is a five story underground facility there for absolute safety.  That is where they would put Bob when there was a safety training.  They took him by helicopter and they would take Trump and his people by helicopter, too, and save millions by not going to Florida.

I wonder how much it costs the US tax payers for Trump to stay at Trumps property in Fla? I am sure that if the Secrete Service would OK it, Trump would be more than happy to use his 757 to fly to Fla.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I wonder how much it costs the US tax payers for Trump to stay at Trumps property in Fla? I am sure that if the Secrete Service would OK it, Trump would be more than happy to use his 757 to fly to Fla.
Well that's a specious argument and silly at that, since Trump's 757 while posh and probably equipped with solid gold toilets, probably does not have an ER, pharmacy and physician, heavy shielding against radiation and EMO, an armory, in flight fueling connection, just to name a few. And considering Trump, from what I read, charged his campaign for eating and staying at his own hotels and the use of his own plane, I wouldn't be surprised if he looked for a way to charge us taxpayers for those same things during his Presidency. Sorry but I'm one of those that feel the American taxpayers have paid for some pretty nice facilities for the President and if he declines to use them and stay at his own facilities he should pay for everything except Secret Service and security.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@Sanguine

The costs will be astounding and easily justified for the willfully blind.

Offline ConstitutionRose

They did put a figure of $97 million on Obama's vacations and mentioned the costs of another trip Obama took. Focused on Trump though.

I agree that Trump should be mindful of the costs and so should his children.  Whether they are intelligent enough to do so is the question.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Must be a slow "hate on Trump Day" --- here we are, yet again, aghast and alarmed at the POTUS and his family getting together over a weekend.  Believe it or not, like it or not, the sacrifice is theirs ... not yours. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
They did put a figure of $97 million on Obama's vacations and mentioned the costs of another trip Obama took. Focused on Trump though.

I agree that Trump should be mindful of the costs and so should his children.  Whether they are intelligent enough to do so is the question.

Well Trump is President.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

People complain about the size and cost of government but ignore the costs incurred by the president they like. As far as I'm concerned presidential spending should be severely curtailed. You could take an unemployed drifter and put him in the white house and his half million dollar salary would be more than enough for him to pay his own way on vacations. Even then the taxpayers pay millions for security, transportation etc.

If it were up to me the president would be a virtual prisoner in the White House.

Offline Norm Lenhart

If people have a problem with presidential spending, they should have elected representatives that wanted governmental spending curtailed.

However, they did not do that. They wanted to win 'no matter what' and in winning, elected representatives that are interested in maintaining the status quo. Since people felt no responsibility to elect conservative governance, they should find themselves a nice quiet corner to sit with a large frothy cup of STFU and reconsider their poor life choices. Maybe next time they will vote intelligently instead of emotionally.

Or more likely they will spend hours on the internet bitching about the consequences of their actions all these years and blaming everyone but themsellves.

Wingnut

You gotta dance with the billionaire that brung you.
-Darrell Royal

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

@Sanguine

Is that sarcasm or do you really believe that?

If so, then may God help you overcome some real hate that festers in those genes.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington