Author Topic: The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!  (Read 6479 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Amen, brother.  I've lost friends here and elsewhere by making this point.  It's is almost reflexive for some to criticize Trump and those same people are never there to acknowledge the good things he has done because they cannot let go of their hatred for 5 seconds.

:thumbsup:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline kevindavis007

Frankly I think Jefferson nailed it when he said he would prefer his hated press without government because the press is powerless. In fact, the press has never been more powerless than they are now in the face of a completely anarchist internet.

Its a fantasy to believe we're going to effect any changes in the media without some kind of totalitarian destruction of our rights. I'm sure some will declare that the press isn't a person and doesn't have rights but any restrictions of the press will eventually be applied to the individual.

Those who say that such totalitarianism can't happen here need only go back to the Wilson era when interestingly enough, the "correct" press had a literal tie to government by way of the Committee on public information" and the press that didn't support the Wilson government was shut down often through violence. Pseudo govt/vigilante groups like the American Protective league "arrested" thousands of people few of which were ever charged but the effect was chilling. Being overheard complaining about Woodrow Wilson and WWI was enough to get dragged out of a restaurant and dragged to the nearest police station for interrogation on their anti American activities.

And Wilson is a progessive  hero.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline jpsb

Offline jpsb

In the words of Steve Deace---when Trump rails against fake news, remember that he pushed it himself when it served him to do so:

You lost get over it, Cruz did some pretty sleazy things too.

Offline jpsb

Let me know when you find a good, reliable "little person" to visit and report from Syria, or who can arrange an interview with, say, the Secretary of the Treasury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb0eOcWreH8

Not quite a little person but she is not a "news" person either. Gets interesting at 2:50 in to the interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LRZlfInXNs
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:58:28 am by jpsb »

Silver Pines

@jpsb

Nope.  Stop deflecting.

I'll say it again---Trump had no problem with fake news when it suited him.  So let's not forget it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
When did ABC join the shitlist?

Long long ago my brother! They are no better or worse than the rest of them.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

@jpsb

Nope.  Stop deflecting.

I'll say it again---Trump had no problem with fake news when it suited him.  So let's not forget it.

First of all that was not Trump that was the NY Post, Trump had nothing to do with either story. I am not going to refight the primaries. Yall Cruzers need to get over it. Pitting Cruz against Trump does nothing to help Cruz get reelected in 2018.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Small problem.

Who gathers the news you can get with a few finger strokes?

People are lazy. They aren't going to make much effort to do so, unless their own ox has been gored - which gives you a million heavily biased sources, instead of just a few.

For the most part the Associated Press and Reuters. There once was United Press International but that is long gone now.  All the rest just regurgitate what they feed them for the most part.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Norm Lenhart

Do you REALLY want to go here so soon after apologizing for the last time? PS: You weren't 'goaded into' your comments then or now.

geronl

We have always been at war with EastMedia!

Long live RT and the National Enquirer!

Silver Pines

First of all that was not Trump that was the NY Post, Trump had nothing to do with either story. I am not going to refight the primaries. Yall Cruzers need to get over it. Pitting Cruz against Trump does nothing to help Cruz get reelected in 2018.

@jpsb

See, you're still deflecting.  Stop that, now.  2018 and Cruz running and the NY Post have zero to do with anything. 

Look back there at what I posted.  The images are from the National Enquirer, which is run by Trump's friend David Pecker.   

I'm not going to let you obscure the point and the inescapable fact, which is that Trump pushed fake  news when it suited him.  We need to keep that in mind when he squalls "fake news" all over the place.

Offline jpsb

@jpsb

See, you're still deflecting.  Stop that, now.  2018 and Cruz running and the NY Post have zero to do with anything. 

Look back there at what I posted.  The images are from the National Enquirer, which is run by Trump's friend David Pecker.   

I'm not going to let you obscure the point and the inescapable fact, which is that Trump pushed fake  news when it suited him.  We need to keep that in mind when he squalls "fake news" all over the place.

I promised management I would not allow myself to be provoked into refighting the primaries, the Trump campaign had zero to do with the NY Post story. I am now done with this thread.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I promised management I would not allow myself to be provoked into refighting the primaries, the Trump campaign had zero to do with the NY Post story. I am now done with this thread.

:beer:

You're alright.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline goodwithagun

You posted a graphic about the relationships between the obama White House and the media, yet you can't grasp the same concept between Trump and Pecker?  :shrug:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Silver Pines

@jpsb   

Fair enough, but we aren't refighting the primaries.  We're discussing fake news from the Enquirer---not the Post,  but the Enquirer, E-N-Q-U-I-R-E-R---which is related to Trump and how he responds to this kind of thing depending on the situation.

Offline NavyCanDo

Citizens calling out a biased media is not the same as a politician, especially the highest political office of our land, calling out biased media. It's a little too totalitarian for my taste. Not to mention that the current MSM is going the way of buggy whip manufacturers. Their current tactics are merely death throes. The Internet is slowly making them obsolete and we can get real news with a few finger strokes. When Trump Tweets or talks about the MSM, he's merely prolonging their existence. He just needs to let them die.

I agree. Making the media the enemy of the state because they are critical of him is an extremely dangerous path to go down. Freedom of the press is freedom of the press, like what they say or not.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Citizens calling out a biased media is not the same as a politician, especially the highest political office of our land, calling out biased media. It's a little too totalitarian for my taste. Not to mention that the current MSM is going the way of buggy whip manufacturers. Their current tactics are merely death throes. The Internet is slowly making them obsolete and we can get real news with a few finger strokes. When Trump Tweets or talks about the MSM, he's merely prolonging their existence. He just needs to let them die.

So politicians cease to be citizens with rights?  Who knew?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

He's made it quite clear that he's "...okay with negative stories and topics...", paraphrased, 'as long as the basis of the story is based in fact and not made up'. 

Such as when NBC 'doctored' a 911 tape call between George Zimmerman and the 911 receptionist, making him appear to be an out and out racist.

He's very effective doing this because he's bringing it to the attention of more and more people.

All he's asking for is for the media to be honest.  And at the same time, he's drawing attention to the fact, they're not.

in the meantime...

Add 3 cups, er...quarters of strong economic growth..., let simmer until 2018, and remove from oven.

DO NOT DANCE AROUND CAKE UNTIL IT COOLS!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You need to get over it.  Name the sleazy things Cruz did or shut up.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline goodwithagun

Politicians, by their own design and with the help of a complacent electorate, are no longer citizens but now the ruling class. As a result they are now more equal and therefore have more rights. so yes, they've ceased being citizens with equal rights.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:23:45 pm by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Politicians, by their own design and with the help of a complacent electorate, are no longer citizens but now the ruling class.

“When a man assumes a public trust, he should consider himself public property” - Thomas Jefferson

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Politicians, by their own design and with the help of a complacent electorate, are no longer citizens but now the ruling class. As a result they are now more equal and therefore have more rights. so yes, they've ceased being citizens with equal rights.

Sorry but no!  We ain't goin there!

Don't like your current politician.  Throw your hat in the ring and get rid of him!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 01:38:17 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goodwithagun

Sorry but no!  We ain't goin there!

Don't like your current politician.  Throw your hat in the ring and get rid of him!

Don't appologize and yes, we are going there. And I'll go there every time. Part of getting rid of bad pols is speaking out about them and their iron triangle.
I stand with Roosgirl.